Connect with us

News

If not for my bullet proof jeep I would have been dead – Sen Ubah reveals

Ubah
Spread the love

…after narrowly escaping assassin’s bullets

Advertisement

Senator Ifeanyi Ubah has given his story of how he escaped the ferocious attack of assassins on Sunday night saying he could have been a dead man but for the fact that he rode on the bullet proof vehicle.

Senator Ifeanyi Ubah gave his testimony just as the police in Anambra State confirmed the attack on the senator.

Advertisement

Meanwhile the commissioner of Police has visited the scene.

Senator Ifeanyi Ubah speaking through his media assistant, Kameh Ogbonna, in a statement said the senator was able to escape the terror because of the bullet proof vehicle he was riding in.

Advertisement

“If not for the bullet proof jeep the senator was ridding in, he would have been dead by now.

Pointing Fingers On The Attack On Senator Ifeanyi Ubah

Advertisement

“We were passing Enugwu Ukwu junction when they hit us from all sides and as I speak with you Obum, the special aide to the senator is dead.

“About seven security operatives were hit by the assassins bullet,” he stated of how Senator Ubah escaped.

Advertisement

Police in Anambra have confirmed Sunday night’s attack on Sen. Ifeanyi Ubah representing Anambra South Senatorial District by unidentified gunmen.

The incident which took place in Enugwu Ukwu community, Njikoka Local Government Area of the state, claimed the lives of some persons in the convoy, while Ubah narrowly escaped the bullets of the suspected assassins.

Advertisement

DSP Tochukwu Ikenga, Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in Anambra who confirmed the attack to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Awka on Sunday, described the incident as unfortunate and sad.

He said that the Commissioner of Police, Mr Echeng Echeng had already led operatives to the scene of the attack around Nkwo Enugwu Ukwu market area.

Advertisement

Okadigbo Bragged About Being The First Igbo Man To Sleep In Buckingham Palace – Isyaku

The PPRO said though details of the incident were still sketchy, operatives were on ground while the situation was being monitored.

Advertisement

He said that further details would be communicated to the public.

Gov. Chukwuma Soludo of the state has condemned in strong terms, the attack on Ubah’s convoy.

Advertisement

Soludo’s condemnation is contained in a statement by his Press Secretary, Christian Aburime.

The governor said his administration was fully determined to wipe out every act of criminality in the state.

Advertisement

He described the attack as the “last ditched-effort of a sinking boat” by criminal elements in the state.

He reassured the people that all security agencies were on full alert to fish out the perpetrators of the henious attack who would be made to face the full wrath of the law.

Advertisement

Soludo commiserated with the senator and the families of his aides killed as well as the state commissioner of police, for the policemen who also lost their lives.

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

NDLEA sets ablaze 1.8 tons of cocaine as Marwa promises drug cartels tough time +photos

Spread the love

Tougher time awaits drug barons and cartels operating in Nigeria if they fail to back out of their criminal trade and embrace legitimate ventures. Chairman/Chief Executive of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, Brig. Gen. Mohamed Buba Marwa (Retd) gave the assurance on Tuesday 27th September 2022 while leading stakeholders to witness the crushing and setting ablaze 1.8 tons of cocaine recovered by the Agency from a warehouse in Ikorodu area of Lagos last week.
The NDLEA had in a well-coordinated and intelligence led operation that lasted two days last week stormed a hidden warehouse at 6 Olukunola street, Solebo estate Ikorodu where 1.8 tons of cocaine were recovered and five suspects including a Jamaican were arrested. Following the historical seizure, which is the largest in the Agency’s history, an order of the Federal High Court in Lagos was obtained for the public destruction of the consignment.
Speaking at the venue of the public destruction in Badagry area of Lagos Tuesday, Gen. Marwa who was represented by the Agency’s Director, Prosecution and Legal Services, Deputy Commander General of Narcotics, DCGN Sunday Joseph, said the sheer volume of the drug haul, with street value put at two hundred and seventy-eight million, two hundred and fifty thousand dollars ($278, 250,000), equivalent to one hundred and ninety-four billion, seven hundred and seventy-five million (N194, 775,000,000) naira, speaks volume about the extent of the nefarious activities of the drug underworld. He said this has made it imperative for Nigerians to continue to support NDLEA in the renewed war against illicit drugs.
He said out of the 1.8-ton seizure, 1, 828 blocks of the cocaine will be crushed and set ablaze while the remnant will be secured for purpose of prosecution of the suspects who were brought to witness the procedure and sign the certificate of destruction. According to the NDLEA boss, “the Agency is proceeding with the prosecution of those arrested in connection with this consignment. On this, the public can rest assured that NDLEA shall pursue the trial to a logical conclusion. Since January 25, 2021, when we commenced our offensive action against drug traffickers, the Agency has secured record convictions. Presently, 2, 904 drug offenders are serving various jail terms, while other cases are ongoing in court, which we are confident will end in positive results too.”
To the drug underworld, he said “the bust of the syndicate responsible for the cocaine warehoused in Ikorodu is a message to drug cartels that their investments in the illicit drug trade will go up in flames as you are about to witness while they also risk losing their freedom because the present NDLEA is committed to arresting, prosecuting and ensuring the conviction of those involved in illicit drugs. That is not all, we now also go after their assets acquired with the proceeds of the criminal trade.”
Marwa said the fact that the Ikorodu operation was conducted clinically without any skirmish or bloodshed is further testimony to the evolution of the NDLEA and its new capabilities, and a pointer to the fact that the game has changed in the war against illicit drugs.
He expressed appreciation to the Agency’s international partners, especially the American Drug Enforcement Administration (US-DEA) that supported the cocaine syndicate bust and the Nigerian military that provided additional firepower during the operation, as well as other law enforcement agencies that have been supporting efforts to rid Nigeria of illicit drugs.
While soliciting for more support for the Agency’s work, Marwa said “the safety of our society is the responsibility of every one of us and every citizen shall be fulfilling his or her civic duty by assisting the Agency to clean up our communities and cities by joining our War Against Drug Abuse (WADA)”, adding that “together, we can make this country secure.”

Advertisement

Femi Babafemi
Director, Media & Advocacy
NDLEA Headquarters Abuja
Tuesday 27th September 2022

Advertisement
Continue Reading

News

Just In: Unidentified Gunmen Attack Military Checkpoint In Enugu, Kill 2

cleric, Principal, Enugu
Spread the love

 

Advertisement

 

Two people are feared dead in Enugu State, southeast Nigeria, following an attack, Tuesday morning, September 26, 2022, by unknown gunmen.

Advertisement

It was gathered that the gunmen attacked a military checkpoint at Obeagu-Amodu road in Enugu South Local Government Area of Enugu State.

Naijablitznews reports that this is not the first time gunmen were attacking security agencies along that axis. The frequent attacks led to the deployment of the combined team of security operatives.

Advertisement

However, it was gathered that the unknown gunmen stormed the area again in two Lexus Jeeps and one Toyota Sienna bus around 7:25 a.m. The gunmen reportedly opened fire at the combined team of the Police and the military.

Although the casualty figure is still unclear, a source said at least two persons died in the military checkpoint attack, but the Enugu Police Command is yet to issue a statement on the reported attack.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Continue Reading

News

Diri Defends Deputy on Allegation of Disloyalty, Denies Rift With Former Gov Dickson

Spread the love

 

Advertisement

Governor Douye Diri of Bayelsa has dismissed allegations that his deputy, Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo, is disloyal.

The governor, in a statement issued by his aide, Dr Kola Oredipe, also denied any rift with his predecessor, Sen. Seriake Dickson.

Advertisement

Diri reaffirmed that he has implicit confidence in Ewhrudjakpo, describing him as a worthy partner in the governance of the state.

A group in the Bayelsa Chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), the Bayelsa Progressive Vanguard (BPV), had on Sunday decried the activities of the deputy governor.

Advertisement

The group had alleged that Ewhrudjakpo was working against the interest of the governor.

In a statement signed by its leader, Erepadei Ebiowei, the BPV said it had observed with dismay that most of the actions of Ewhrujakpor were unbecoming of a deputy governor.

Advertisement

The group alleged that the deputy governor was running a parallel administration within the government despite the latitude he enjoyed from the governor.

It also accused Ewhrujakpor of hobnobbing and meeting with aggrieved members within the ruling party and opposition party candidates of the Social Democratic Party (SDP).

Advertisement

The group called on the leadership of the PDP in the state and at the national level to probe the deputy governor.

According to the BPV, if unchecked, the deputy governor will constitute the greatest threat to the fortunes of the party in the 2023 elections. (NAN)

Advertisement

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Most Read Stories

Copyright © 2022 NaijaBlitznews