Connect with us

Politics

CUPP hails INEC’s reassurance to clean up voter register

CUPP
Spread the love

The Coalition of United Political Parties, CUPP, has commended the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, for reassuring Nigerians of its readiness to clean up voter register before the 2023 election.

Advertisement

The commission’s reassurance came on the heels of allegation of fake names in its voter register by the coalition on Friday

In its reaction, CUPP said it was happy that INEC promised to undertake a comprehensive clean up of voter register before the 2023 general elections.

Advertisement

“The attention of the Coalition of United Political Parties (CUPP) has been drawn to a press statement issued on Wednesday September 15 by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in which the commission assured Nigerians of speedy and comprehensive clean up of the Voter register ahead of the 2023 general election ,”it said.

The coalition, in a statement by its spokesman, Ikenga Imo Ugochinyere, on Friday, however, noted that “INEC admission to the alleged discrepancies in the voter register and related electoral fraud has further vindicated the opposition parties.”

Advertisement

“The coalition specifically noted the renewed resolve by the commission to openly prosecute those fingered in the alleged widespread falsification of the voters register .

The assurance by the commission to flush out the fake names and the resolve to prosecute those behind the alleged electoral fraud would further help to douse the tension in some states where this unprecedented manipulations were already uncovered, ”it said.

Advertisement

“We are happy that the commission admitted some of the discrepancies we had earlier raised in the register but we want to particularly commend the commission for taking the necessary steps to address this monumental electoral fraud which in our mind were perpetuated by those working to compromise the 2023 election, ”it said.

INEC had in the statement signed by its National Commissioner and Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee Mr Festus Okoye Esq, said the commission had since commenced the cleaning up of the Voter list ahead of the forthcoming general elections.

Advertisement

“it is only after the cleanup and claims and objections have been completed that the final register will be published.

“The Commission will continue to provide the public with updates on the progress of these processes, as we did through our Press Release of 12 September 2022.

Advertisement

The ABIS for the period of registration between 15th January and 31st July is being concluded presently, and the outcome in terms of multiple and ineligible records will be made public, ”he had said.

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Politics

Osinbajo Was Approached To Play A Prominent Role In APC Campaign Team, He Declined — Ondo Lawmaker

Osinbajo
Spread the love

 

Advertisement

The ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) on Friday released the comprehensive list of their Presidential Campaign team, and in the list the name of the Vice President, His Excellency Prof Yemi Osinbajo was omitted as it could not be found.

However, a verifiable source who happens to be an Ondo State Lawmaker, Tomide Akinribido, who is a honorable member, Ondo State House Of Assembly and also a 2023 Candidate, Ondo West Constituency 1, released a statement via his twitter handle where he noted that Prof Yemi Osinbajo was approached to play a prominent role in the APC campaign team, especially among the Christian Community, he decided and stated that he cannot do such in good conscience.

Advertisement

Quoting the Indo State Lawmaker, he said, “VP Osinbajo was approached to play a prominent role in the APC Campaign team, especially among the Christian Community, he declined and stated that he cannot do such in good conscience”.

Below is the screenshot of the original statement released by the Ondo State lawmaker via his twitter handle;

Advertisement

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Politics

Just In: Charly Boy, other Obidients shut down Abuja in one million man march+Video

transmission
Spread the love

 

Advertisement

By Austin Ojomah

Music icon, Charles Oputa, popularly known as Charly Boy and other Obidients on Saturday shut down Abuja in a one million man march for Labour Party.

Advertisement

Naijablitznews.com reports the one million man march took off from Asokoro heading towards Maraba in Abuja to drum support for Peter Obi and LP.

Watch video below:

Advertisement

 

Advertisement

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Politics

HAPPENING NOW: Obidients take over Abuja major roads+ Video/Photos

Peter Obi, Labour
Spread the love

By Austin Ojomah

Advertisement

Youths on Saturday took over the major road warehousing Secretariat and National Assembly Complex in a trending video online.

Naijablitznews.com reports the youths and members of the Labour Party in a peaceful manner are approaching the Transcorp Hotel axis chanting Obi’s name.

Advertisement

See photos/ videos below:

Advertisement

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Most Read Stories

Copyright © 2022 NaijaBlitznews