Connect with us

Crime

How Ondo kidnappers Shot Husband Trying To Escape With Wife — Victim

ammunition, Johnson, Delta police
Spread the love

 

Advertisement

One of the burial guests abducted along the Benin-Ifon highway, last week, while returning from Edo State, Tayo Olofinbinu, has narrated how a couple tried to escape from captivity and the husband was shot dead.

The victim, according to sources, paid N3m ransom before he was released.

Advertisement

Olofinbinu, a legal practitioner in Akure, Ondo State capital, told newsmen that their abductors brandished AK-47, and marched all the occupants of the vehicle into the forest.

“We travelled in a convoy with police escort while going, but we couldn’t wait for the convoy on our return because we wanted to avoid travelling at night, only for us to run into the kidnappers who had laid siege on the road”, he stated.

Advertisement

“Two people escaped from the kidnappers while nine others including a couple were marched into the bush after they were seriously beaten”.

The victim, who is still recuperating after being discharged from hospital, said: “The couple tried to escape from the kidnapper’s camp but were unlucky as the husband was shot by the kidnappers.

Advertisement

“Another victim who the kidnappers said was not cooperating with them was inflicted with deep machete cut on the head. I am not sure he will survive the injury, as he was nearly dead by the time he was released.

“We were only allowed to speak with our relatives after three days in captivity. And we were only fed with bread and soft drinks after four days in the thick forest.

Advertisement

“I was fortunate not to have been touched throughout my time in captivity. But they (kidnappers) treated most of us badly.

“They hit some of us repeatedly with their machetes and even inflicted a deep cut on the head of one of us.

Advertisement

“The man was already pale by the time he was released on the fourth day. I doubt if he would survive the injury.

“There was another man who tried to escape with his wife one night, thinking that the kidnappers had slept. But the wife’s movement must have alerted them (kidnappers). They shot the man dead instantly.”

Advertisement

He, however, said he was released unhurt on the fifth day after payment of ransom, saying he also paid the ransom of some of his fellow abductees.

Recall that their abductors demanded N90m ransom before the 11 persons were to be released.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Crime

BREAKING! AIT staff attacked, robbed in Abuja

court
Spread the love

 

Advertisement

The DAAR Communications Plc Chapel of the Nigeria Union of Journalists(NUJ) has raised an alarm over the increasing security threats and attacks on journalists in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory.

This followed the attack on the Executive Director, DAAR Communications Plc, Mac Imoni Amarere on Monday evening while observing traffic rules not far from the Community Staff School, Asokoro, .

Advertisement

In a statement titled, ‘Abuja increasing insecurity: Amarere attacked, robbed at traffic light stop,’ the chapel said:

“The attention of the Nigeria Union of Journalists, DAAR Chapel, has been drawn to an unfortunate incident of the attack on Our Executive Director, DAAR Media Academy and Anchor, Peoples-Politics-Power on AIT, Mac Imoni Amarere.”Amarere was attacked, robbed while observing traffic rules not far from the Community Staff School, Asokoro, a facility owned and managed by the DSS in Asokoro, on Monday evening, September 26.

Advertisement

“Fortunately, there’s no bodily injury but he lost some valuables to the miscreants, his driver sustained minor injuries. Colleagues are encouraged to be more vigilant as we obey traffic lights in the City Centre, especially at night.

“The police is called to increase check points and surveillance, especially at roads ongoing construction and by strategic traffic lights. We call on colleagues to keep looking out for yourself and others.”

Advertisement

END

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Crime

DSS nabs soldier hiring and selling guns to kidnappers in Abuja

Ogun, Defence
Spread the love

 

Advertisement

Operatives of the Department of State Service (DSS) have arrested a soldier attached to the Muhammadu Buhari Cantonment in Tungan-Maje in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) for allegedly hiring out and selling guns to kidnappers terrorising the City.

It was gathered that the operation that led to his arrest was carried out last week around Dankogi Park in Zuba in collaboration with members of the Vigilante Group of Nigeria in the area.

Advertisement

According to Daily Trust, a vigilante source said that the DSS from Gwagwalada office sought the assistance of the local security group in Zuba to arrest the suspect based on previous arms deal allegations against him.

“It was learnt that the suspect, in the first deal, had allegedly hired out a gun for a kidnap operation for N300,000.

Advertisement

“Then in the second instance, they contacted him for another deal and he demanded N200,000 which the kidnappers allegedly paid, but he failed to produce the gun.’’

The source said when the kidnappers, who have been in the DSS custody, made the allegation against the soldier, a sting operation was planned against him.

Advertisement

“So they contacted him for another deal to supply them with AK-47s to buy at the cost of N3 million.

“We went to the agreed site on the delivery day here in Zuba, and took position. He arrived at the scene in his car to present the arm, and that was the time we came out and caught him with the gun well wrapped.’’

Advertisement

The source further informed our reporter that an AK-47 rifle, as well as a fully loaded magazine with 30 rounds of ammunition, was found inside one of the safe compartments of his car.

“We drove him to our office where a document was signed with the DSS and handed him over to them,’’ the source added.

Advertisement

It was further learnt that army officials from the headquarters in Abuja met the vigilantes in their Zuba office the next day where they took their statement on how the operation was carried out.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Crime

I kidnapped my lover to raise money for our wedding — Suspect

kidnap
Spread the love

A 28-year-old kidnap suspect, Bello Ahmed, has revealed that he kidnapped his lover to raise money for their marriage.

Advertisement

The suspect was arrested along with three others for their alleged involvement in the abduction of one Miss Hannah Queen at Apo Estate, recently.

It was learnt that the principal suspect, Bello, had allegedly conspired with three others Ibrahim Mohammed, 30; Bilyamiyu Mohammed, 30; and Uche Daniel to abduct his lover to raise money for their traditional marriage.

Advertisement

The victim was abducted on March 26, 2022 after a carefully-organized plan by her lover who she met in Dubai.

The four suspects were arrested by operatives of the Force Intelligence Bureau’s Intelligence Response Team (IRT).

Advertisement

The police said the suspects were arrested for criminal conspiracy and kidnapping over the well-coordinated kidnap.

Their arrest is a sequel to a report filed at the IRT Headquarters at Guzape by one of the victim’s uncles, ACP Yusuf Sanni.

Advertisement

However, in his statement, Bello admitted to organising the abduction of his lover because she had put him under pressure to raise money for their traditional marriage.

He said, “My lover put so much pressure on me to marry her. So, I was forced to kidnap her to raise the money I needed. I regret my involvement in the act as I couldn’t get the money. I expected that I will be paid the ransom.”

Advertisement

The kidnapped victim who is a lawyer and daughter of a renowned diplomat was said to be in a relationship with the suspect who lives in Dubai United Arab Emirates UAE. Also, Bello is a friend to the parents of the victim.

Police investigations revealed that the key suspect had married a wife and had two children in Dubai before relocating to Nigeria.

Advertisement

The investigation also revealed that the suspect had a rented apartment at the aforementioned estate in Abuja upon his relocation to Nigeria based on the relationship.

He was alleged to have brought the other three gang members into the 3-bedroom bungalow apartment three days before the kidnap was arranged by himself when the lady visited him and was relaxing in his living room.

Advertisement

After the criminal gang members took him and his would-be spouse into captivity, he made the victim believe that he had sent N10m to the kidnappers for their release through a fake bank alert, until she discovered the antics and started calling her parents for her release.

The key suspect confessed that they expected a total of N50m as ransom from the parents of the victim so that the gang would get up to at least N10m each.

Advertisement

Further interrogation revealed that Bello had initially planned to marry the lady as a second wife in November 2022, but moved the marriage ceremony forward to July to forestall the possibility of her marriage to a newfound lover.

Exhibits said to have been recovered from the suspects include a hack saw, two masks, one beret cap, one masking tape and one iPhone.

Advertisement

Other exhibits said to have been used by the suspects for the kidnapping and still missing from the house of the key suspect include; three toy guns and an axe.

According to the investigative Police Officer, Sergeant Law Okeke, all the suspects are culpable in the crime as all have made useful statements to aid the police investigations into the crime.

Advertisement

The Inspector-General of Police, IGP, Usman Alkali Baba, has directed the police authorities on the imperatives of a diligent prosecution of the matter in the nation’s law courts for justice to be served on all the suspects involved.

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Most Read Stories

Copyright © 2022 NaijaBlitznews