Connect with us

News

Photo Of Notorious Kidnapper ‘Lion’ With Security Ops Emerges Online After His Arrest

Spread the love

 

Advertisement

A photo of alleged notorious kidnapper ‘Lion’ posing with security operatives has been shared online after news of his arrest was reported.

Naijablitznews.com had reported earlier that the suspect was traced to Abuja from Bayelsa and was arrested. In the video, he was seen begging for mercy while claiming he has only kidnapped two people.

Advertisement


Twitter user @drpenking who shared a photo of Lion with the security men wrote

Lyon the Kidnapper rolling with law enforcement. Imagine suspecting a criminal like this and calling authorities to “give useful information” about him and the “authorities happen to be his friends. Imagine what would happen to you. Nigeria is a scary place.

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

Kate Middleton, Prince William’s guests turn down invites as race row erupts

Spread the love

 

Advertisement

By Doosuur Iwambe

Kate Middleton and Prince William started their US tour with an Earthshot Prize event in Boston on Wednesday, but the two main guests cancelled their attendance last minute as a royal race row erupts back at Buckingham Palace.

Advertisement

Secretary John Kerry, the presidential climate envoy, and Caroline Kennedy, the current US Ambassador to Australia, reportedly reached out to the Prince and Princess of Wales to confirm their absence just moments before they kicked off the event upon their arrival in Boston on Wednesday evening.

The Daily Mail reported that Kerry informed Prince William and Kate that he would ‘sadly no longer be able to attend’, but did not offer a reason for his decision to pull out.

Advertisement

Meanwhile, Kennedy cited ‘disrupted travel plans’ due to harsh weather for not being able to make it.

The cancellations came just after Prince William’s godmother, Lady Susan Hussey, resigned from Buckingham Palace after being accused of making racist comments at a recent royal event hosted by Queen Consort Camilla.

Advertisement

Even as William and Kate arrived in the US, they were swift to offer an official statement condemning Lady Hussey’s comments, with a spokesperson saying: “This is a matter for Buckingham Palace but as the Prince of Wales’. spokesperson, I appreciate you’re all here and understand you’ll want to ask about it. So let me address it head-on.”

“I was really disappointed to hear about the guests experience at Buckingham Palace last night. Obviously, I wasn’t there, but racism has no place in our society.

Advertisement

The comments were unacceptable, and it is right that the individual has stepped aside with immediate effect.”

Advertisement
Continue Reading

News

JUST IN: Jonathan Bags New Appointment

Jonathan
Spread the love

 

Advertisement

The African Agricultural Technology Foundation has announced the appointment of former President Goodluck Jonathan as the Africa’s Ambassador for Agricultural Technology.

The AATF Executive Director, Dr Canisius Kanangire, made the announcement in a statement issued to journalists in Abuja on Friday, after a meeting with the former president in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.

Advertisement

As AATF’s Ambassador, Jonathan will advocate for advancement of Africa’s agricultural goals and economic growth through application of innovative technologies and enhanced investment in agriculture.

Jonathan, who served as the Nigerian President from 2010 to 2015, is said to be in the forefront of agricultural improvement on the continent.

Advertisement

While accepting the appointment, he said as a former Head of State, his interest in serving the continent was driven by the interest in driving food security and transformation for better quality of life in Africa.

The AATF Executive Director said that Jonathan’s commitment to uplift agriculture on the continent was exemplified by the agricultural transformation agenda he pursued and diligently implemented in Nigeria during his tenure as President.

Advertisement

The agenda targeted increasing efficiency and profitability in about 12 selected key agricultural commodities, which include: cotton, cocoa, cassava, oil palm, maize, soya bean, onion, rice, livestock, fisheries, tomato and sorghum.

Kanangire said under the agenda, about 3.5 million new jobs were created based on the selected key products, while many more jobs were created from other value chains activities, with over N300 billions of additional income in the hands of Nigerian farmers and rural entrepreneurs.

Advertisement

In addition, over N60 billion (US$380 million) injected into the economy from the substitution of 20% of bread wheat flour with cassava flour.

According to statement, another critical element of Jonathan’s agricultural legacy as President of Nigeria was his ability to cut down on the importation of food that could be produced locally, thereby saving the nation well over N1.3 trillion per annum on the importation of foodstuff.

Advertisement

“Dr Jonathan was able to demonstrate in Nigeria that agriculture should be treated as a business and supported by relevant policies for the improvement of the livelihoods of our growing farming population,” Kanangire said.

He described Jonathan as a Pan Africanist who had stood for the eradication of rural poverty and the peaceful coexistence of the continent, hence his involvement in peaceful conflict resolution on the continent.

Advertisement

“AATF is honoured to have the former president as our Ambassador, whose role will accelerate ongoing efforts to improve our agricultural terrain,” he added.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

News

Fear of going to jail: IGP files motion to set aside Contempt Proceedings, Committal Order

Spread the love

 

Advertisement

The Inspector-General of Police, Usman Alkali Baba, has approached the court to file a motion to set aside the contempt proceeding and committal order issued against him.

On Tuesday, Justice Mobolaji Olajuwon of the Federal High Court, Abuja sentenced the police chief to three months in prison for disobeying a court order.

Advertisement

Delivering his ruling, Justice Olajuwon issued the order following a suit filed by a former police officer, Patrick Okoli who claimed he was unlawfully and compulsorily retired from the Nigeria Police Force.

But in the motion filed before the Federal High Court in the Federal Capital Territory on Thursday, IGP Baba said that he had not been appointed into office as Inspector-General of Police when the case was instituted and the reinstatement order in question granted.

Advertisement

The Force Public Relations Officer, Olumuyiwa Adejobi disclosed this in a statement he issued on Friday.

Adejobi said the IGP has also affirmed that the contempt proceedings were served via substituted means in November 2018 and January 2019 respectively, on the then Inspector-General of Police, and not on him as the incumbent.

Advertisement

He noted that even before the assumption of the office of the IGP, official steps had been taken by his predecessors toward complying with the reinstatement of Patrick C. Okoli, the plaintiff, as ordered by the court.

According to him, this was evidenced by an official letter addressed to the Police Service Commission on the approval of the then Inspector General of Police, as far back as 2015, and before the court order of November 29th, 2022, requesting the Commission to issue a reinstatement letter to the plaintiff and also affect his promotion in line with the order of the Court and in the exercise of their statutory authority in that regard.

Advertisement

The IGP reassured Nigerians of his unalloyed commitment and steadfastness in defending the rule of law and respecting judicial authorities and hence, will not wittingly or unwittingly disobey any order validly granted by courts of competent jurisdiction.

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Most Read Stories