Connect with us

Sport

Ronaldo slapped with fine, match ban by FA

Ronaldo
Spread the love

Former Manchester United striker, Cristiano Ronaldo, has been slapped with a fine of £50,000 and given a two-match ban by the football association in England.

Advertisement

Following an incident that occurred in April when Ronaldo smashed a fan’s phone at Goodison Park after Man United lost to Everton last season, the FA have now concluded their investigation and handed Ronaldo his punishment.

This comes just a day after it was announced that the five-time Ballon d’Or winner had his contract with United terminated by mutual agreement following his explosive interview with Piers Morgan about the management of the club and the manager, Erik ten Hag.

Advertisement

Ronaldo said the club had remained stagnant since Sir Alex Ferguson left back in 2013, adding that there was no growth whatsoever. He also said he had no respect for Ten Hag cause the manager had no respect for him.

Also the owners of Man United, the Glazers, announced on Tuesday evening that they were putting the club up for sale and would be listening to offers.

Advertisement

According to The Mirror UK, the ban means that Ronaldo would be suspended for two games if he joins another Premier League club, with Chelsea and Newcastle both linked with a move for the 37-year-old.

Ronaldo is presently in Qatar preparing for Portugal’s World Cup opening match against Ghana on Thursday.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Sport

Ronaldo stripped of his World Cup goal by FIFA

Spread the love

 

Advertisement

Ronaldo thought he’d opened the scoring against Uruguay when he leapt into the air to nod home a Bruno Fernandes cross in the 54th minute of Monday night’s clash.

The former Manchester United star timed his run to perfection and instantly celebrated the goal with teammates. But the ball did not appear to change trajectory from the moment he met Fernandes’ cross in the air.

Advertisement

Instant replays showed the ball having barely made contact with his head. Only a few strands of the icon’s hair appeared to be grazed as the ball flew past Sergio Rochet and into the net.

And after several checks, the 37-year-old’s goal was chalked off and awarded to ex-Red Devils teammate Fernandes, with whom he celebrated both after the goal and following the final whistle.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sport

Transfer:Osimhen’s €100m price tag ‘crazy’ – Man United

Spread the love

 

Advertisement

Manchester United manager, Erik ten Hag, is interested in acquiring the services of Nigerian striker, Victor Osimhen but the Red Devils have made it clear that they will not be meeting the €100m price tag that Napoli have slapped on their star striker.

Sky Germany reported that the English topflight club have made Osimhen one of their top targets, but they find the price tag Napoli have put on his head ‘crazy.’

Advertisement

Osimhen is one of the most coveted forwards in Europe following his remarkable goalscoring exploits with Napoli over the past 18 months. The 23-year-old bagged 14 goals in 27 games last year and has already plundered nine goals in 11 matches this term for Luciano Spalletti’s side.

The Nigeria international contributed 18 goals in 32 games last season and Napoli can’t be blamed for demanding upwards of £80m for the 23-year-old.

Advertisement

Osimhen has other admirers in the Premier League and there have been links to Tottenham Hotspur.

Italian transfer reporter Enrico De Lellis has told Calciomercato that Tottenham boss Antonio Conte is urging the club to sign Osimhen.

Advertisement

It’s hard to imagine Tottenham spending £86m on a new striker, unless Harry Kane is on his way out, which is unlikely.

A number of Premier League sides were credited with an interest in Osimhen’s services in the summer, but United could firm up their interest in the wake of Cristiano Ronaldo’s abrupt exit from the club last week.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sport

Transfer: RB Leipzig striker, Nkunku To Officially Join Chelsea Next Year

Spread the love

 

Advertisement

RB Leipzig striker, Christopher Nkunku will officially join Premiership side, Chelsea in June 2023 after the Blues already completed the medicals for the Frenchman, paying his €60 million release clause.

The French player has agreed on a long-term deal with the five-time premier league winners Chelsea. Nkunku scored 20 goals and recorded 13 assists last season in the Bundesliga. He has continued his impressive scoring rate with 12 games in 14 starts this campaign.

Advertisement

However, the Frenchman who was part of the Didier Deschamps’ squad for the Qatar 2022 World Cup picked up an injury in training, which is now a big concern.

Meanwhile, Graham Potter is reported to have made the signing of Robert Sanchez a priority at Chelsea. Potter wants to reunite with the Spanish goalkeeper at Stamford Bridge as the English manager aims to bring reinforcements in that area.

Advertisement

With Kepa struggling with injuries and Mendy falling down the pecking order, Potter needs a strong shot-stopper to fulfill the hopes of Todd Boehly.

In the same vein, Mason Mount has reportedly rejected a whopping offer of £200,000 a week from Chelsea, according to the Daily Mail.

Advertisement

According to the report, Mounts wants to garner a salary worth £300,000 a week, which is close to his England teammate Raheem Sterling.

The 23-year-old is one of the lowest earners at Chelsea and therefore his demands look understandable considering the growth in stature at the club.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Most Read Stories