Connect with us

Foreign

Porn star dad of accused shooter says he’s ‘glad son isn’t gay’ in vile rant

accused
Spread the love

Former MMA fighter Aaron Brink made the abhorrent comments about his son Anderson Lee Aldrich, 22, who is accused of murdering five at the LGBTQ-friendly Club Q in Colorado Springs

Advertisement

The father of a suspect alleged to have killed five people at a gay bar has expressed relief his child isn’t gay in an abhorrent homophobic rant.

Anderson Lee Aldrich, 22, is accused of shooting five people dead at the LGBTQ-friendly Club Q in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Advertisement

The accused shooter’s dad Aaron Brink, 48, has spoken out for the first time since the shooting last Saturday, and expressed relief his child was not attending the bar as a customer.

He told CBS8: “I was scared. I was like “Oh my god, s**t, is he gay?” And he’s not gay. So I said “phew.””

Advertisement

Brink is known to have brain damage from his career as an MMA fighter and his addiction to meth. Aldrich is estranged from their father.

Brink continued: “I am a Mormon, I am a conservative Republican… we don’t do gay.”

Advertisement

Mormons also don’t generally do pornography, however Brink has starred in a number of adult films according to his IMDB page.

Information from the attorneys given to Brink appears to have been sparse and he was told what his son was alleged to have done by reporters outside his home.

Advertisement

When told Aldrich was held and accused of killing LGBTQ+ people in a shooting, Brink responded: “Ok, well… he’s accused of doing that… I’m glad he’s not gay.”

Authorities are expected to file hate crime charges against Aldrich.

Advertisement

Aldrich used to be known as Nicholas Brink, but changed their name in 2016 due to Brink’s porn career and his appearance on the show Intervention where he talked about his meth addiction.

The shocked dad explained he thought he had lost his son before when his ex-wife rang and told falsely him Aldrich had taken their own life.

Advertisement

Brink explained: “I thought he was dead. I mourned his loss. I had gone through a meltdown and thought I had lost my son.”

In the bizarre interview, Brink also expressed remorse for the five lives lost in the terrible attack and explained there was no excuse for resorting to violent actions even if he disagreed with their sexuality.

Advertisement

“Those people’s lives were valuable,” Brink added.

“They were good people probably. You know, it’s not something you kill people over. I’m sorry, I let my son down.”

Advertisement

Brink also admitted he “praised him for violent behaviour really early,” though was reportedly not that involved in his child’s life. He and his ex-wife divorced when Aldrich was a baby.

According to court filings, Aldrich allegedly identifies as non-binary and is referred to with they and them pronouns.

Advertisement

Aldrich appeared heavily bruised in court earlier this week, the first time they were seen publicly since the shooting. The injuries are reported to have come from people in the club who took down the alleged shooter.

Among them was army veteran Rich Fierro, who was attending a drag show with his daughter and her boyfriend Raymond Green Vance, along with some friends.

Advertisement

Fierro was called “heroic” by police as he and a fellow military man, Navy technician Thomas James, are reported to have taken the shooter down and beaten him to submission.

Raymond, 22, was one of the five killed in the club along with Ashley Paugh, 35, Kelly Loving, 40 and staff member Daniel Davis Aston, 28, and Derrick Rump, 38.

Advertisement

Brink said he loves his child no matter what they are accused of and also praised their grandfather, Republican politician Randy Voepel.

Voepel, 71, is the representative in the California State Assembly from the 71st district but lost his seat in the Midterm elections.

Advertisement

He has been controversial in his career, once comparing the January 6 riots in 2021 to the Battles of Lexington and Concord, the first engagements in the American Revolutionary War.

Voepel, whom Brink described as future president material, later said he “condemned violence and lawlessness.”

Advertisement

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Foreign

Russian attacks on energy grid is genocide, says Ukraine

energy
Spread the love

Russia’s attacks on Ukrainian energy infrastructure amount to genocide, a top Ukrainian official says.

Advertisement

Strikes on key facilities targeted “the full Ukrainian nation” and were an effort to force Kyiv to surrender, the prosecutor-general told the BBC.

The term genocide refers to an effort to wipe out a group of people. Russia denies having any such aim.

Advertisement

Millions of people across Ukraine are facing power cuts in freezing weather, following sustained Russian attacks.

Efforts are ongoing to reconnect homes cut off from electricity. Officials say Kherson has now been fully resupplied, following the city’s recapture by Ukrainian troops earlier this month.

Advertisement

But people in 14 regions and the capital Kyiv remain under usage restrictions, according to President Volodymyr Zelensky.

Genocide involves “the intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnic, racial or religious group”, according to a definition provided by the UN Genocide Convention.

Advertisement

Among the acts which may qualify are killing or causing serious harm to members of that group – or forcibly transferring its children elsewhere.

In his BBC interview, Ukrainian Prosecutor-General Andriy Kostin said that, as well as the attacks on the energy grid, 11,000 Ukrainian children had been forcibly deported to Russia.

Advertisement

Mr Kostin said his office was investigating reports of more than 49,000 war crimes and crimes of aggression since Russia launched its full-scale invasion on 24 February.

The “same pattern of conduct” was being seen in every Ukrainian settlement occupied by Russian forces, he observed.

Advertisement

A war crime constitutes a violation of the so-called “rules” of war set out by international treaties including the Geneva Conventions.

Among other things, the Conventions stipulate that civilians must be protected. Russia has been repeatedly accused of breaking this rule.

Advertisement

Shelling of residential buildings in Dnipro over the weekend left one person dead and 13 others injured, according to the governor of the wider region.

Meanwhile, police said 32 civilians had been killed by strikes in Kherson since Russian troops left the southern city earlier this month.

Advertisement

On Saturday, Ukraine marked the 90th anniversary of the Holodomor – a man-made famine that killed millions of people during Soviet rule.

Of the war crimes seen since Russia invaded in February, Mr Kostin said 260 people had been indicted and 13 verdicts had been issued by Ukrainian courts.

Advertisement

He called for the creation of an “international ad-hoc tribunal”, supported by countries of “the whole civilised world” who opposed the invasion to hold Russia to account. (BBC)

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Foreign

Indian Man Burns Himself To Death In Language Protest

Himself
Spread the love

An octogenarian man burned himself to death in southern India in protest at what he called New Delhi’s attempts to impose nationwide usage of Hindi, a language mostly spoken in the north, police said Sunday.

Advertisement

Language is an emotive issue in India where hundreds of languages and dialects are spoken, but English serves as the main official medium while state governments use regional languages.

According to the most recent census in 2011, fewer than half of Indian citizens speak Hindi – just under 44 percent.

Advertisement

But last month a group of parliamentarians headed by the powerful interior minister Amit Shah reportedly recommended making Hindi the national official language, including for technical education such as medicine and engineering.

Hindu nationalist Prime Minister Narendra Modi has spoken of a “slave mentality” around the use of English, and promoted the use of Indian languages.

Advertisement

But opponents accuse his government of attempting to impose Hindi, causing particular anger in the south.

Most southern Indian languages are Dravidian, a completely different language family to the Indo-European group which includes Hindi.

Advertisement

MV Thangavel, 85, a farmer in the southern state of Tamil Nadu, doused himself in petrol and kerosene and set himself alight, police said.

He was holding a Tamil-language placard reading: “Modi government stop imposing Hindi. Why do we need to choose Hindi over our literature-rich Tamil… it will affect future of our youth.”

Advertisement

Senthil, a police officer who uses only one name, told AFP that Thangavel had killed himself.

“He wrote the banner against central government,” he added.

Advertisement

Thangavel carried out his protest on Saturday outside an office in Salem of Tamil Nadu’s ruling DMK party, of which he was a member.

Party leader MK Stalin — who has criticised the Modi government’s language policies — offered condolences to Thangavel’s family but urged others to avoid such extreme protests.

Advertisement

“We must not lose another life,” reports quoted him as saying, condemning the central government’s “domineering attitude”.

“Let’s continue to fight against the imposition of Hindi politically, democratically,” he said. “Don’t let narrow-mindedness spoil a beautiful country of diversity.”

Advertisement

The subject is a long-running political issue — the then ruling Congress party sought to make Hindi the official national language in the 1960s, causing enduring resentment in southern India.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Foreign

Three killed, 11 injured in Brazil’s twin school shootings

Spread the love

 

Advertisement

By Francesca Iwambe

At least three people including an adolescent girl were killed and 11 others wounded Friday when a 16-year-old shooter wearing Nazi symbols opened fire on two schools in southeastern Brazil, officials said.

Advertisement

Authorities in the city of Aracruz, in Espirito Santo state, said the shooter fired on a group of teachers at his former school, killing two people and leaving nine others wounded.

He then left that school — a public primary and secondary school — and went to a nearby private school where he killed an adolescent girl and wounded two other people, officials said.

Advertisement

Authorities have arrested the shooter, said Governor Renato Casagrande, who declared three days of mourning in the state.

“He was a student at (the first) school until June, a 16-year-old minor. His family then transferred him to another school. We have information he was undergoing psychiatric treatment,” Casagrande told a news conference.

Advertisement

He said some of the survivors’ lives remained at risk from their wounds.

“We are rooting and praying for them to recover,” he said.
Security camera footage aired on Brazilian media showed the shooter running into the school dressed in military-style camouflage and brandishing a gun. He then sprinted through the hallways, sending staff fleeing in terror as he began firing shots.
Investigators said he had a swastika on his fatigues and that they were looking into whether he had links to any extremist organisations.

Advertisement

“Officials said the shooter, a policeman’s son, used two handguns in the attack, both registered to his father — one his service firearm, the other a privately registered weapon.
Casagrande said the boy appeared to have planned the attack carefully, breaking in through a locked door and skirting the school’s security guard.

“He then entered the teachers’ lounge — the first room he came to — and opened fire, the governor said.

Advertisement

“He was looking to shoot people. He opened fire on the first people he came across,” he said.

Civil police commissioner Joao Francisco Filho told reporters it appeared the suspect had been planning the attack for “two years,” and that he did not seem to have a “definite target.”

Advertisement

Investigators could be seen carrying victims’ bodies in coffins and loading them into police trucks outside the school, which was cordoned off with crime scene tape, an AFP photographer said.
The city has a population of around 100,000 people.

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Most Read Stories