Connect with us

Sport

Secret Daughter Of Football Legend, Pele Named In His Will

PELÉ
Spread the love

Famous Brazilian football legend Edson Arantes do Nascimento, better known by his nickname Pelé, has left a portion of his fortune to his secret daughter, Sandra Regina, who he had long denied was his child.

Advertisement

While he had never accepted she was his, Regina was named in his will alongside his six other children, according to a report from the Daily Mirror.

The Brazilian soccer hero had previously refused to acknowledge he was the father of Regina, leaving her heartbroken when she died 17 years ago.

Advertisement

The 82-year-old requested to meet with Regina’s two sons, Gabriel Arantes do Nascimento and Octavio Felinto Neto, speaking to them physically for the first time on 28 December 2022, just a day before he died.

Speaking on the visit, Gabriel said, ”I spoke to my aunts, and they said that our grandfather wanted to see us. We were very excited because it was an opportunity we had been longing for. Every family has fights and rows, ours is no different, but there are moments when love and union are more important than anything else. We are extremely happy.”

Advertisement

The publication revealed that her share would go to her sons after they fulfilled a request from their dying grandfather.

Sandra, who died of cancer in 2006, was born after Pele had an affair with his cleaner, Anisia Machado, who fought for years to get Pele to admit he was the father but he refused to do so, even after a DNA test proved he was.

Advertisement

After a five-year legal battle, Sandra was given the right to use Pele’s surname, Nascimento, in 1996.

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sport

Antonio Conte to undergo surgery after Tottenham boss became ill

Spread the love

By Francesca Iwambe

Advertisement

Antonio Conte could miss a number of games after Premier League club Tottenham announced he will go under the knife having suffered from “severe abdominal pain”

Antonio Conte was suffering from “severe abdominal pain”, Tottenham said.

Advertisement

Tottenham head coach Antonio Conte is to have his gallbladder removed on Wednesday after suffering from “severe abdominal pain” earlier this morning.

The Italian could be absent for up to a couple of weeks following the surgery and his assistant Cristian Stellini is expected to take charge of Sunday’s Premier League fixture against Manchester City.

Advertisement

“Antonio recently became unwell with severe abdominal pain,” a Spurs statement said. “Following a diagnosis of cholecystitis, he will be undergoing surgery to remove his gallbladder today (Wednesday) and will return following a period of recuperation. Everyone at the club wishes him well.”

Conte will be determined to return as soon as possible but there is a chance that he will miss the first leg of their Champions League round of 16 tie away to Milan on February 14.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sport

Chukwueze Among LaLiga’s Prolific Players

Chukwueze
Spread the love

Villarreal forward, Samuel Chukwueze, has been listed among the top five prolific players in LaLiga since 2022

Advertisement

Chukwueze is one of the five players in the Spanish topflight to have reached double figures for both goals and assists since 2022 in all competitions.

OptaJose, world leader in sports data, revealed this on their official Twitter handle.

Advertisement

The Nigerian’s inclusion did not come as a surprise following his impressive performance, which was key to Villareal’s return to form after a poor start during the year.

The 23-year-old, a part of the squad that won the Europa League in 2021 after defeating Manchester United in the final, has been very influential for Villarreal this season, scoring eight goals and assisting seven across all competitions this season, and taking his total tally to 10 goals and 10 assists since January 2022 till date.

Advertisement

Also on the list are Real Madrid’s Brazilian star Vinicius Jr and Barcelona forward Ousmane Dembele.

The Los Blancos forward tops the list having scored 21 goals and assisted 14, while Dembele occupies the second position with 10 goals and 18 assists.

Advertisement

Jose Morales, who recently joined Villarreal from Levante, is third on the list with his 17 goals and 11 assists, with Madrid’s Rodrygo’s 15 goals and 12 assists placing him in fourth of the most prolific LaLiga players’ lists.

In 2022, Super Eagles forward Chukwueze made LaLiga Team of The Week for a record three times, a personal best for the Nigerian.

Advertisement

So much is Chukwueze’s impressive form that the forward has grown to become one of the Yellow Submarines’ key men and has started in all of the club’s but one last 10 games.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sport

Transfer deadline: Mikel Arteta tells Arsenal two players to sign

Spread the love

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta has told the club to sign Declan Rice from West Ham United and Brighton’s Moises Caicedo before 11 pm on Tuesday(today).

Advertisement

The January transfer window ends today, and the Gunners are believed to be working hard to bolster their squad with at least two additions.

The Gunners keep the hope of signing the Ecuador international today despite their first two bids rejected by the Seagulls, who remain keen to keep the midfielder.

Advertisement

Caicedo has made it clear to his club that he wants to leave, and his preference is to join Arsenal.

The Sun reports that Arteta also wants to sign Rice regardless of whether Arsenal succeeds in bringing in Caicedo today.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Most Read Stories