Metro
Vigilante member arrested over lover’s death in Imo

By Francesca Hangeior
The Imo State Police Command has arrested one Chinenye Nwaneri, for allegedly killing his lover, Chienyenwa Nnodua,
Parading the suspect at the command’s headquarters in Owerri, the state capital on Tuesday, the police spokesperson, Henry Okoye, disclosed that the deceased’s lifeless body was recovered from a gutter at Madumere Street, Christ Road, Owerri, by policemen following a distress call.
He disclosed that the investigation revealed that the deceased was with her lover, Nwaneri, on the same night she was killed, adding that the suspect allegedly had a hand in the death.
The state police spokesperson disclosed that the deceased’s body had been sent to a forensic pathologist to ascertain the cause of death.
He said that the suspect would be charged after the investigation.
Okoye said, “Following a distress call received from Bishop Silas Anoruo on January 7, 2024, that the lifeless body of a young lady was seen inside a gutter in front of his uncompleted building at Madumere Street, Christ Road, Owerri, operatives of Owerri Urban Divisional Headquarters mobilised to the scene, recovered the corpse and deposited same for autopsy.
“Preliminary investigation unveiled the identity of the deceased as Chienyenwa Nnodua and further revealed that she was seen last with her alleged lover Chinenye Nwaneri ‘m’, of No. 43, Christ Church Road, Owerri, trekking down to his house very late in the night on 5/01/2024.
“This raised suspicion which prompted the determined operatives to invite Chinenye Nwaneri, a member of the Umuodu vigilante group for questioning.
“On interrogation, Chinenye Nwaneri initially denied knowing the deceased but later confessed after he was transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department that he was with the deceased the night before she was found dead in a gutter but denied that she was his lover.”
The spokesperson added that the sister of the deceased noted that Nwaneri was her “late sister’s boyfriend for four years,” adding that the deceased “informed her on 5/02/2024 that she was going to spend the night in the suspect’s house.”
Also, a vigilante member who was on night duty with Nwaneri added that “he saw him at midnight” with the deceased while he (the vigilante member) was on “foot patrol.”
Okoye said, “Competent witnesses including the sister of the deceased and a vigilante member who was on night guard duty with him volunteered statements to the police. The sister of the deceased stated that the suspect was her late sister’s boyfriend for four years, narrating further that her sister informed her on 5/02/2024 that she was going to spend a night in the suspect’s house.
“The vigilante who was on night duty with the suspect stated that he saw him at midnight with the deceased along Christ Church Road while on foot patrol.
“Investigation is still ongoing, the body of the deceased has been sent to a forensic pathologist to ascertain the cause of death. The case will be charged to court pending the outcome of the investigation.”
n another development, policemen have nabbed one Onwuhara Nwachuku for allegedly stabbing a 57-year-old, Theophilus Ukwe, to death.
Okoye revealed that the Nwachuku, 27, who had confessed to the crime, killed the victim because the deceased approached him with a cutlass on his farm while he was harvesting his palm fruit.
Okoye said, “In another different development, operatives of Imo State Police Command arrested one Onwuhara Nwachukwu, ‘m’, 27 yrs for stabbing to death one Theophilus Ukwe ‘m’ 57yrs over a minor dispute.
“On interrogation, the suspect confessed to the crime, stating that he gave the deceased a severe machete cut on his body which resulted in his death because the deceased approached him with a cutlass on his farm while he was harvesting his palm fruit. The suspect will certainly have his day in court.
“The Commissioner of Police, Imo State Command, CP Aboki Danjuma, assures the general public that the command will continue to work tirelessly in providing maximum safety and security for all and sundry in the state.”
Metro
How I was robbed of N15.5 million by my girlfriend, her brother, and a group of cultists

It was a sour but unforgettable experience for a 35-year-old Nigerian man identified as Emeka Nwogu last Valentine day as his 25-year-old girlfriend connived with her younger brother and some cultists to attack and rob him of N15.5m.
The attackers also went away with his valuables including three mobile phones.
The story which looks like a script from Nollywood took place at Ago Palace Way in Lagos after the man and his lover girl spent Valentine day in one of the hotels at Ago Palace and decided to eat out the following day little knowing that the girl had another agenda against him with her younger brother and his gang of cultists.
Police sources said while they were in one of the new restaurants enjoying themselves, his girlfriend insisted that they must go back to the hotel for her to ease herself. The unsuspecting boyfriend obliged her but expressed concerns after they passed the bus stop leading to their hotel but the girl asked him not to worry. However, according to sources, as soon as they got down in another bus stop, some armed boys attacked and dragged them to a secluded place in one of the estates where they beat and tortured the man with guns and axes. They then disappeared with his phones after forcing him to disclose the password of his Bitcoin, Binance and Trust accounts and removed about $9,700.
It was learned that after the attack, the man and his girlfriend rushed to Ago Palace police station where they lodged a report. However, the story took a different dimension after the police got to the scene of the incident as one of the security guards who witnessed the attack whispered to them that one of the perpetrators was always seen with the man’s girlfriend who was busy shedding tears in their presence. Based on this startling revelation, the girl was arrested and taken to their station where she confessed that it was her younger brother and his friends that attacked them.
She reportedly told detectives that she was angry after seeing her boyfriend’s Whatsapp chats with other girls and that was why she contracted her younger brother to organize the attack with his friends. Crime Guard learned that at this stage, the case was transferred to the Commissioner of Police Special Squad 1, while the police succeeded in tracing her residence but her younger brother had fled.
Sources said her father, on hearing the development, promised to search for his son and return the stolen items. He however returned only N3m which his son claimed was part of the N5m kept as his sister’s share of the loot. It was gathered that when detectives intensified investigations, they arrested four other members of the gang who confessed that they were members of Aiye confraternity at Ago Palace Way. Those arrested include Ogbuka Tochukwu, 22; John Wisdom, 25; Odora Michael, 24, and Babatunde Ibrhaim, 20. Items recovered from them are; one locally made gun, four local cartridges, one battle axe belonging to Aiye confraternity and N7.5milliom cash.
The victim told reporters that he was greatly traumatized after realizing that his girlfriend of four years masterminded the attack. “I spent Valentine’s night with her in a hotel and we enjoyed ourselves. The following day while we were in a lounge enjoying ourselves, she went out severally after her phone rang. I did not know she was planning to attack me with her brother and cultists and steal my hard-earned money and property. I commend the CP squad for doing a good job.”
Recall that it was the same squad that eliminated a notorious gang of kidnappers that were terrorizing Lagos and environs last year at the popular Ladipo market in Lagos.
(Saturday Vanguard)
Metro
Court remands three Anambra native doctors over alleged criminal activities

The Anambra State Government yesterday arraigned three native doctors before a State High Court for alleged involvement in criminal activities.
The suspects were Chidozie Nwangwu popularly known as “Akwa Okuko Tiwara Aki”, Onyebuchi Okocha known as “Onye Eze” and Ekene Igboezekwe popularly known as “Eke Hit”.
They were charged in suit numbers A/41C2025, A/40C2025 and A/42C2025 respectively with alleged claims of possessing supernatural powers to make money or stagnate destiny, as well as conspiracy to commit felony to wit kidnapping and obtaining by fraud.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the suspects were all arrested by the Anambra Security outfit known as “Agunechemba” in February and have been in detention till date.
The prosecution counsel, Mr. F.C. Okeke, told the court that the charges against the suspect had been served them and that they were ready to proceed with the case.
But the defence counsel, Mr S.O. Iwuoba and others took turns to inform the court that the processes were not served in good time to enable them to respond.
The charges were not read in detail as a result of the development.
The presiding Judge, Justice Jude Obiora, ordered that the suspects be returned to Agunechemba detention facility to make for proper processing.
Obiora adjourned the cases to April 11 for proper arraignment and pleadings.
Metro
Plateau attack: 40 more bodies recovered as death toll hits 52

The search and rescue operation that followed this week’s apparently co-ordinated attacks on some communities in Bokkos Local Government Area of Plateau State has yielded additional 40 bodies, officials confirmed yesterday.
The recovery has now taken the death toll in the attacks on Mangor Tamiso, Daffo, Manguna (Tagai), Hurti and Tadai to 52.
The state government said some arrests have been made in connection with the Wednesday night mayhem.
Chairman of Bokkos Cultural Development Council (BCDC) Vanguard, Farmasum Fuddang said 31 persons were given a mass burial on Thursday.
According to him five under age victims were burnt to ashes at Hurti village, 11 were killed at Ruwi village, four persons killed at Manguna with one killed at Dafo.
The condemned the attacks.
It said some suspects have been arrested but did not put a figure to the arrests.
Information and Communication Commissioner Joyce Ramnap in a statement in Jos, extended government’s condolences to bereaved families and said every effort was being made by the security agencies to stem the wave of killings.
The Mutfwang Administration, the commissioner added, had deployed strategic measures to enhance intelligence gathering, surveillance, and rapid response mechanisms in collaboration with security operatives.
She asked religious, traditional, and community leaders to reinforce the message of peace, unity, and lawful engagement while residents were advised to remain law-abiding, support security efforts, and utilize official channels for security concerns.”
Residents of the affected communities said the invaders shot sporadically, catching the people unawares.
-
Politics8 hours ago
Tinubu Gives Fani Kayode, Others New Appointments (See Full List)
-
News8 hours ago
DANGER! Ex-Soldier Abubakar Affan Vows to Kill VeryDarkMan ‘Like Deborah Samuel’
-
News24 hours ago
Security Alert: Police alert officers ahead of nationwide protest over living costs, free speech
-
News12 hours ago
Why NYSC maybe extended by FG- Minister
-
News22 hours ago
VOA Halts Operations In Nigeria, Others Over President Trump
-
News11 hours ago
Ibas moves to rehabilitate damaged Rivers LG secretariats
-
News8 hours ago
Just in: Ex-Oyo governor, Olunloyo is dead
-
Economy12 hours ago
CBN allocates $197.71m into FX market to support naira