News
Happy FCT residents hail Wike’s police station project to boost security
- /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 27
https://naijablitznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2025/02/Nyesom-Wike.jpg&description=Happy FCT residents hail Wike’s police station project to boost security', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
- Share
- Tweet /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 72
https://naijablitznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2025/02/Nyesom-Wike.jpg&description=Happy FCT residents hail Wike’s police station project to boost security', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
Residents of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) have praised the ongoing construction of 12 divisional police stations and six-unit police staff quarters across the six area councils, describing it as a transformative step for community security.
The initiative, spearheaded by FCT Minister Nyesom Wike, is part of the Federal Capital Territory Administration’s (FCTA) broader security infrastructure plan. Beyond enhancing security, the project has also created job opportunities for local residents.
With the construction nearing completion, Nuhu Musa, the architect overseeing the project in Saburi, Abuja Municipal Area Council (AMAC), revealed that work began on November 19, 2024.
“The groundbreaking was on November 19, and the next day, we started clearing the site. By the following week, excavation was completed,” Musa said.
According to him, the project has reached 70% completion, with roofing currently in progress and work progressing ahead of schedule.
The project consists of two major structures: a police station and a residence for police personnel.
“We have a program of work. The schedule of work submitted was for one year, but we plan to be done in six months. If today marks the third month, it means we have roughly three months more, which is too much for us to finish up this project.
“This project is a police station, and the one at the back is the residence for the police staff, which is six units of two-bedroom flats. It’s a block of flats, two on each level, making it six because it’s two floors,” Musa added.
He emphasized that the project has positively impacted the local economy by providing jobs for the residents of the community.
“So far, so good. The people of the community are all cooperating. We employed so many of them. The artisans from here also work for us. The security personnel is also from the community,” he said.
Also speaking, Engineer Ahmed Yahaya, the site engineer for Armodris Nigeria Limited, the contractor handling the project, also highlighted the progress.
“We have been here since November, that is three months now. So far, so good. Work has been moving on. We are moving at a lighter pace. As God would have it, there has been no casualty,” he said.
He expressed gratitude for the project, describing it as a great intervention for the community.
“We thank the minister for bringing this kind of project to this community. Ever since we started this project, people usually come here, and all they say is, ‘God will bless the Minister,’” Yahaya said.
The contractors also commended the residents of the community for their continued support for the project, even as they anticipating its full benefits once it is commissioned.
Prince Yahaya Mohammed, a resident of Saburi 1 who was employed as a supervisor on the project, expressed excitement about the employment opportunities created.
“I am very happy that I have been employed here as a supervisor. I’m from this village, Saburi 1.
“Through this project, many people from this village have been employed, and they now have a source to earn a living,” he said.
While commending the FCT Minister for choosing Saburi for the project, he also urged the government to consider Saburi youths in future police recruitment.
On his part, the Village Head of Saburi, Alhaji Muhammad Yamawo, lauded the FCT Administration for the police station project and other infrastructure developments in the area.
He noted that the newly constructed Saburi-Dei Dei road has also improved security in the area.
“We have suffered a lot due to the absence of a good road in Saburi, but we are happy that Wike has finally wiped our tears,” he said.
“I am very happy with this road project. Security in the area has been improved. Police now patrol the area without hindrances,” Yamawo added.
Meanwhile, the Director of Security Services at the FCTA, Adamu Gwari, has explained that the police station project is part of the administration’s broader strategy to improve security across the FCT.
He said the idea was conceived after the Minister toured the six Area Councils and engaged with residents.
“At that interface, he was made to understand that security is first and foremost. As we usually give him the acronym ‘talk and do,’ he looked at it from the perspective of providing infrastructure that will bring security closer to FCT residents,” Gwari explained.
According to him, the FCT Minister secured presidential approval for 12 divisional police headquarters, each with six-unit staff quarters, across the six Area Councils.
“We started with nine such facilities, and later, the Minister provided three additional ones so that each Area Council will have two, making a total of 12,” he said.
He noted that since the implementation of the security infrastructure projects, crime rates in the FCT have reduced significantly.
“From the time the Minister visited the Area Councils to date, every blessed month, our statistical information about insecurity is dropping. We can beat our chest to say that security has greatly improved beyond even our expectations,” he said.
News
Rivers traditional ruler narrowly escapes assassin’s bullets as hoodlums shoot at his palace
The Amadabo of Finima in Bonny local government area of Rivers State, HRH Aseme Alabo Dagogo Lambert Brown in the early hours of today, August 22, 2026 narroy escaped an assassination attempt on his life.
However, the Amadabo was not at home when the blood thirsty hoodlums fired sporadically at the building housing the living rooms of the monarch and other households.
Unfortunately, some members were seriously injured and rushed to hospitals for emergency medical attention.
Condemning the heinous crime, Aseme Alabo Dagogo Lambert Brown stated that they had received intelligence reports of importation of hoodlums into the community.
He blamed the Bonny Traditional Authorities of sponsoring a faction of Tobin House to cause mayhem.
He called on law enforcement agencies to urgently investigate the matter and bring perpetrators.
Transcript of the attached voice.
“It is very painful and regretful of what I see today in Finima.
We have envisaged this. We live in the community, we have the intelligence, information is coming here and there, and we communicated same intelligence to the security agencies that we are having mercenaries imported into Finima for the sake of a strange event that wants to happen.
Must all of us die because one faction of the Tobin house in Finima, being sponsored by the Bonny Traditional Authorities, wants to perform things that are strange in Finima?
God will never allow that to happen. God will never allow—we saw it. All this happening is to intimidate me and my people for saying this is not how we are living as a people. We live as one people. All the cultural institutions are in full participation by the chieftaincy houses in Finima. There’s no separation.
Why? Because we want to avoid any rivalry group or things that will cause disunity in Finima. That is how our upgrowing—that’s how we’ve grown up in Finima.
And these are one of the outcomes, very regretful. I want to appeal to the law enforcement agencies today that people behind this heinous act are culprits—people, culprits to this heinous act—are arrested and prosecuted.
News
Photos: 15 years after, Apo-Karshi Road for inauguration in December – Wike
Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mr Nyesom Wike, says the long-delayed Apo-Karshi road will finally be completed and handed over by November, putting an end to a 15-year wait for residents in the axis.
Wike gave the assurance in Abuja on Saturday, after inspecting the progress of the project as well as the 14-kilometre Bwari Kubwa Road.
He explained that the 13.5-kilometer road, originally awarded in 2011 under previous administrations, has been a major point of frustration for motorists experiencing daily traffic congestion between satellite communities and the Abuja city center.
He explained that the current administration was forced to revoke the original contract due to persistent delays and re-award it to construction firm SCC Nigeria Ltd.
“The Apo-Karshi road has been a topical issue. It was awarded in 2010, one of those projects President Bola Tinubu inherited.
“Because of its importance and the complaints by residents, we had to terminate the contract and award it to SCC, which we know has the capacity to complete the job.
“Residents who have been crying for years can now see that this government has come to their aid,” he said.
The minister praised the contractor for maintaining progress on-site regardless of funding cycles, reaffirming the government’s commitment to honoring its financial obligations.
The minister also inspected the ongoing construction of the 14-kilometre Bwari-Kubwa road, stressing that the contractor had promised to deliver the critical road in December.
He emphasised that the tangible delivery of infrastructure projects serves as the strongest argument for the administration’s governance model, downplaying traditional political campaigning in favor of visible results.
“When people ask me about campaigns, I say, ‘What is campaign? See the campaign. Campaign is about what you have done for the people and what the government has to show.
“It is not about promises; it is about taking action that positively impacts lives,” he said.
With multiple road networks approaching completion across the FCT, the minister expressed confidence that the administration would surpass its initial 10 projects target for inauguration between December and January 2027.
News
BREAKING: 38 year former world champion boxer, Zolani Tete shot dead in South Africa
Ex-world champion boxer Zolani Tete has been shot dead outside his home in South Africa at the age of 38.
This ugly development happened in Mdantsane, Eastern Cape, as Zolani Tete arrived at his residence and waited for the gate to open.
According to the police, two armed men wearing balaclavas stepped out of a vehicle and opened fire on the boxer.
A 27-year-old woman who was travelling with Tete was also shot several times and taken to hospital for treatment.
South Africa’s Minister of Sports, Arts and Culture, Gayton McKenzie, confirmed Tete’s death on Friday.
McKenzie expressed caution over speculation about the motive behind the attack, saying “I will not speculate about who did this or why.”
Police have launched an investigation, but no motive has been established and no details about possible suspects have been released.
Zolani Tete , who was nicknamed “Last Born”, became widely known in boxing for his remarkable 11-second knockout of fellow South African Siboniso Gonya in Belfast in November 2017.
The knockout remains one of the fastest stoppages in a world title fight.
Tete achieved it while defending his WBO bantamweight title, which he had won earlier that year and held until 2019.
The southpaw boxer had previously captured the IBF junior-bantamweight title in 2014 after defeating Japan’s Teiru Kinoshita in Kobe.
Earlier in his career, Tete had also held the minor WBF flyweight title.
Zolani Tete’s death came only weeks after he completed a four-year ban from boxing following a positive test for the banned anabolic steroid stanozolol after his 2022 bout against Jason Cunningham.
His suspension ended on July 29, and he had been preparing to make a return to professional boxing before his death.
-
News22 hours agoNorthern Senators Demand Immediate State Police After Adamawa, Sokoto Terror Attacks
-
Opinion21 hours agoRep OK Chinda and the Parliamentary Gamble: The Politician Seeking to Rewrite Nigeria’s Political Operating System
-
News16 hours agoBREAKING: APC Chairman Reportedly Collapses, Dies
-
Economy22 hours agoNigerian Stock Market Crashes For 8th Straight Session As Investors Lose Whopping N5.45tn
-
News16 hours agoSurvivors narrate how gunmen moved from house to house, k!lling people asleep in Plateau
-
Entertainment22 hours agoNollywood Actors And Actresses Hold Special Prayer Session For Taiwo Hassan
-
News15 hours agoSEE List of Nigeria’s latest fake agency, 20 state coordinators, reps in China as TInubu orders arrest (Photos)
-
News15 hours agoSnake gets world-first cancer treatment normally used in humans

Warning: Undefined variable $user_ID in /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/themes/zox-news/comments.php on line 49
You must be logged in to post a comment Login