News
PAINFUL! Nigerian Boxing Sensation Olanrewaju Dies in Ghana After Slumping During Fight

The Nigerian boxing community is in mourning following the tragic passing of former National and West African light-heavyweight champion, Segun ‘Success’ Olanrewaju, who reportedly collapsed during a professional bout in Ghana on Saturday.
Incident During Fight Night 15
Olanrewaju was competing against Ghanaian boxer Jon Mbanugu at Fight Night 15 of the Ghana Professional Boxing League, held at the Bukom Boxing Arena. Reports indicate that he was leading on points before the sudden and unfortunate turn of events.
Eyewitnesses and video footage circulating on social media captured the shocking moment when Olanrewaju lost consciousness in the ring. Medical personnel rushed in to provide emergency assistance, but efforts to revive him proved unsuccessful.
Mourning the Loss of a Boxing Legend
The news of Olanrewaju’s passing has sent shockwaves through the boxing community in Nigeria and beyond. His illustrious career, which saw him hold both the National and West African light-heavyweight titles, earned him widespread respect in the sport.
Tributes have poured in from fellow boxers, fans, and sports officials, who have hailed his dedication and contributions to Nigerian boxing. Many have taken to social media to honor his legacy and express their condolences to his family and loved ones.
Olanrewaju’s death raises fresh concerns about fighter safety and medical preparedness in boxing events across Africa. Calls have been made for increased scrutiny on health checks, in-ring medical protocols, and post-fight care to prevent similar tragedies in the future.
As the sporting world mourns, plans are expected to be made for a befitting tribute to the late boxing champion, recognizing his achievements and impact on the sport in Nigeria and West Africa.
News
Just in: Supreme Court sacks ,Abure as LP chairman

By Kayode Sanni-Arewa
The Supreme Court has set aside the judgment of the Court of Appeal in Abuja recognising Julius Abure as the National Chairman of the Labour Party (LP).
In a unanimous judgment, a five-member panel of the apex court held that the Court of Appeal lacked the jurisdiction to have pronounced Abure National Chairman of the Labour Party, after finding out earlier that the substance of the case was about the party’s leadership.
The apex court held that the issue of leadership was an internal affair of a party over which courts lacked jurisdiction.
The court further allowed the appeal filed by Senator Nenadi Usman and one other and held that it was meritorious.
It also proceeded to dismiss the cross-appeal filed by the Abure group of the Labour Party for being unmeritorious.
More shortly…
News
Tinubu’s Political Adviser, Baba-Ahmed Resigns

The political adviser to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Dr Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, has resigned.
The former spokesman of the Northern Elders Forum (NEF) tendered his resignation about two weeks ago.
Presidential sources were quoted as saying Dr. Baba-Ahmed did not provide details of the reasons for his decision and only stated that it was on personal grounds.
Baba-Ahmed was appointed Special Adviser on Political Matters in the Office of Vice President Kashim Shettima in September 2023.
Over the past 17 months, he has represented the presidency at several public fora, including a recent national conference themed: “Strengthening Nigeria’s Democracy: Pathway to Good Governance and Political Integrity”, which held from 28th to 29th January, 2025 in Abuja.
Daily Trust
News
There’s valid evidence of Akpabio sexually harassing me; I’ll release it, Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan declares

Kogi Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan has vowed to release evidence of Senator Godswill Akpabio sexually harassing her at the right time.
Mrs Akpoti-Uduaghan disclosed this in an interview with Channels TV on Thursday night when told that Mr Akpabio said she has no evidence to back up her sexual harassment allegation against him.
“At the right time and at the right space, I will present the evidence that I have,” Mrs Akpoti-Uduaghan said.
Aniete Ekong, spokesperson for Mr Akpabio, could not be reached for comment on Mrs Akpoti-Uduaghan’s statement. A WhatsApp message sent to him was not replied to.
Mrs Akpoti-Uduaghan’s statement comes after the Independent National Electoral Commission dismissed the recall petition filed against her on Thursday.
The Kogi Central lawmaker was suspended from the Senate on February 28 after she accused Mr Akpabio of sexual harassment and abuse of office.
The Senate suspended her for six months, withheld her salaries, and withdrew her security detail, citing unruly behavior during plenary.
-
News23 hours ago
Natasha: Kogi PDP hammers Ododo, reiterates unfeigned support for her
-
Economy22 hours ago
SEE Black Market Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate Today 3rd April 2025
-
News18 hours ago
Just in: “Ignore rumour mongers, there was no time I collapsed “-Wike asserts
-
News18 hours ago
CJ transfers Natasha’s case to Justice Nyako
-
News21 hours ago
Just in: INEC dumps recall petition against Sen Natasha
-
News7 hours ago
How I Got Helicopter Idea To Visit Kogi State – Senator Natasha
-
Entertainment7 hours ago
Why I didn’t sleep with Bobrisky – Portable
-
News6 hours ago
Rivers CJ directs High Court judges to proceed on break