News
Most reported abduction cases are stage-managed – Police

By Kayode Sanni-Arewa
The Nigeria Police Force, on Wednesday, declared that most kidnapped cases in the country were fake or stage-managed.
The Force Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi, made this declaration during the presentation of the gold medal to the winner of Ache and kickboxing of the 14th edition of Biennial Police Games, tagged “Oluyole 2024” held at Ilaji Resorts Hotel in Ibadan, Oyo State capital.
He explained that security challenges in Nigeria are not as bad as most Nigerians believe, adding that most Nigerians believe what they see on social media, which is being regenerated and recycled as current issues.
Adejobi said, “Most kidnapping incidents are fake or stage-managed. When people shout that they are being kidnapped, it is not all these incidents are real. Many people fake kidnapping to get money from their people, while some do that to collect ransom from their families.
“So, from us, the situation is not as bad as people read it on social media. We have the information, we have the data. Though, we have isolated cases, we arrest them on a regular basis, we have taken the fight to their camps, we neutralized many of them, we arrest them and charged them to court.
“Most videos and news of insecurity happening in Nigerian online are old news, hardly will any conventional media house publish or broadcast them the way they are on social media.
“If you want to analyse kidnapping, how many cases do we have in Oyo? How many do we have as per geo political zone? So, if you want to analyse security situations, you don’t do that with mere speculations or phycological projections.
“We collate information and data of incidents, we are the ones to tell you if security situation is worrisome or not, and with what we have on ground, security situation in Nigeria is not worrisome.”
He, therefore, urged Nigerians to assist the police and other security agencies in tackling insecurity, adding that people should raise alarm so that police can take action against insecurity.
In his remark, the NPF Director of Sports, CP Patric Athairu said one of the essences of the game was to discover new talents, adding that the game has truly discovered many new talents so far.
“We are collating number of talents discovered so far so as to introduce them to the federation for their necessary support. We might need to bring some of them out of where they are serving to give them opportunity to focus more on discovering their talents.
“We are meeting with the Federation chairman because of the new talents discovered which are subject to verification. We are waiting for records from these federation, and we shall make it available as soon as possible.
“As the medal stands, Zone two is leading at the medals table having won about 17 golds and over 35 medals, followed by the Force Headquarters with 15 golds and 34 medals as at this afternoon (Wednesday),” he announced.
News
OBIO/AKPOR FEDERAL CONSTITUENCY FREE MEDICAL OUTREACH(PHOTOS)

The month of March was a busy one at the Obio/Akpor Federal Constituency with numerous Programmes and Trainings approved and sponsored by Rep. O. K. Chinda.
The month of April is already showing signs of being busier as we have commenced a Free 3-day Medical Outreach.
Today, which is day 1, featured Health Talks and Sensitization, with some participants going home with 10kg of rice after being attended to.
The programme continues tomorrow and will include the following: –
• Vital signs checking.
• Seeing of Doctor/optometrist.
• Laboratory/ diagnosis
• Pharmacy.
The medical outreach is anchored by Dailystar Pharmacy Nigeria Limited
“I WIN, U WIN”
From
The Media Team
Obio/Akpor Federal Constituency Office
News
Security Personnel Shoots Himself Trying To Nab Suspect In Abuja
By Kayode Sanni-Arewa
There was tension on Wednesday As vigilante operating at Dei-Dei community in Bwari Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mujahid Ibrahim (32), has reportedly shot himself while trailing a suspect in the area. Abuja Metro learnt that the bullets from his rifle injured him around his feet, with at least seven cartridges extracted from his body
He was said to be awaiting x-ray results for the possibility of more cartridges in his body.
The incident took place around 12 am in the early hours of Wednesday when the victim and his colleague intercepted a resident in the neighbourhood, they were guarding for working at late hours.
Speaking yesterday at the Kubwa General Hospital, where he was rushed to, Ibrahim said the suspect came around 12 am against the 11 pm, which was agreed upon by the members of the community.
“My colleague, who attended to him, tried in vain to make him understand the rule, but instead for him to cooperate, he resorted to violence and in an effort to scare him, I cooked my rifle pointing toward the sky. I later withdrew the rifle back to my shoulder, but forgot to pull it back and in the process of running toward him as the man was having a scuffle with my colleague, the gun fired out some bullets that hit me around my feet,’’ he said
Also speaking, his colleague, who accompanied him to the hospital, Ben Isaac, said following the incident, the resident in question disappeared but his elder brother has taken all the responsibilities including the treatment charges.
He added that a 24- hour warning was issued to him to appear or get arrested.
News
Just in: INEC dumps recall petition against Sen Natasha

The Independent National Electoral Commission,( INEC) has rejected the petition to recall the Senator representing Kogi Central, Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, inadequate.
The electoral umpire via its 𝕏 handle on Thursday, April 3, 2025, made this known in a terse statement where it disclosed that the group, who initiated the process did not meet the requirements of the constitution.
INEC in a tweet on its ‘X’ handle said; “The petition for the recall of the Senator representing the Kogi Central Senatorial District has not met the requirement of Section 69(a) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended)”.
-
News11 hours ago
Rivers APC demands Fubara’s probe over ex-HoS allegations
-
Business24 hours ago
Bank stops transfer fees on online transactions
-
Economy3 hours ago
SEE Black Market Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate Today 3rd April 2025
-
News24 hours ago
S/African Court Acquits Nigerian Pastor Of Rape, 31 Other Charges
-
News4 hours ago
Natasha: Kogi PDP hammers Ododo, reiterates unfeigned support for her
-
Economy12 hours ago
Naira rebounces against the dollar in parallel market
-
News2 hours ago
Just in: INEC dumps recall petition against Sen Natasha
-
News11 hours ago
Air Algerie Inaugural Flight to Abuja Will Strengthen Nigeria-Algeria Ties – FG