Metro
I’ve lured, killed seven women through ‘hookup’ app — Ritualist confesses

A suspected ritual killer, Adebayo Olamide Azeez, has revealed the method he employed to lure and murder seven women through a ‘hookup’ app.
The 32-year-old Azeez, who confessed to being part of a ritualist gang specialising in killing women for money, was paraded at the Ogun State headquarters of the Nigerian Police, Eleweran, Abeokuta.
The arrest of Azeez followed the apprehension and public parade of other gang members by operatives of the State Command, including Moses Abidemi Awuraji, Oluwo Samuel Monday, Peter Oluwalolese, Jamiu Yusuf, Akinwunmi Ifatosin, Sheriff Agbai, and Osojieahen Alioneitouria.
All were accused of the heinous crime of killing 35-year-old Sulaimon Adijat for money rituals through the ‘hookup’ app.
The State Commissioner of Police, Abiodun Alamutu, disclosed that Azeez, who had been evading arrest, was captured on February 23 from his hideout.
Alamutu disclosed the collaboration between Azeez and Awuraji, a herbalist, in strangulating the victims to death.
The dismembered body parts were then allegedly sold to Oluwo Monday Samuel and Alfa Ariwo (still at large) for ritualistic purposes.
Alamutu added, “The three suspects confessed to the killing of ten different ladies at the Igbo Olomi residence of Moses Abidemi.”
Azeez, narrating his modus operandi, explained, “I got the ladies from MyChat, a hookup app. When contacted by Awuraji, I’d negotiate with the victims on the app, finalise the deal, and provide my address in Atan-Ota.”
“I would pick them up, and transport them to Awuraji’s house, where we executed the heinous act.
“I do not know the ultimate purpose of the group; my role was merely to source victims through ‘hookup’ and collect payment.”
“Abidemi’s wife (Awuraji Mariam) will pin their legs down while I strangle them. I joined the gang in September 2023, and we have killed seven ladies. These were the ladies that I brought to the house that we killed.
“I don’t know what they use the corpses of the ladies for. My job is just to scout for the ladies from the ‘hookup’ app and bring them in. They don’t usually tell me the amount they will give; at times, they pay me N30,000; other times, they give me N40,000.
“I can’t say no to them whenever they ask me to bring the ladies. I don’t know who they sell the body parts to, and I don’t ask them about it.”
While assuring the public that investigations were ongoing to identify other potential victims, Alamutu urged those with missing relatives to report to the police with photographs for assistance.
He added, “The shocking revelations from Azeez’s confession have sent shockwaves through the community, highlighting the need for increased vigilance and awareness regarding online interactions.”
“Authorities are working tirelessly to bring justice to the victims and their families while dismantling the ritualist gang responsible for these horrifying crimes.
Metro
Police uncover ‘yahoo’ training school in Lagos, arrest suspects

The Lagos State Police Command has uncovered a building in the Iju area of Lagos State, used for internet fraud training.
Popularly called “Yahoo School’, the command said four Yahoo experts who had been running the school were arrested alongside six trainees who were undergoing training in cybercrime and fraud during the operation.
Nine of the suspects were between ages 20 and 26, while the tenth, a trainee, is 12 years old.
Consequently, the command has directed owner of the facility to turn himself in for investigation.
Preliminary investigations according to the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Benjamin Hudenyin, revealed that the principal suspects of the facility recruited their trainees from Anambra State and engaged them to commit internet fraud and other related crimes.
He said the proceeds from their fraudulent activities were confiscated by the principal suspects.
Hudenyin said: “All suspects have been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID Yaba, for further discreet investigation and prosecution.
“Efforts are ongoing to apprehend the sponsors who financed the trainees’ enrollment in the school as well as the owner of the facility where these criminal and illegal activities took place. The owner of the facility is hereby warned in his own interest to turn himself in immediately, at the SCID Panti from wherever he is hiding.The Lagos State Police Command will ensure that all suspects are charged to court for prosecution upon the conclusion of the investigation into the case”
He noted that ” In line with due process of the law, the underage suspect among them, Minachi Ugochukwu, 12 years old, with healing marks of injuries on his body allegedly inflicted on him by the main principal suspect to compel him into the commission of the criminal acts, is being given medical attention and kept in protective custody till his relatives are identified and reunited with him”
He therefore advised parents and guardians to monitor the activities of their children and wards , with a view to preventing them from being ” exploited, lured, or compelled into criminal activities”.
Furthermore, Hudenyin called on members of the public who had fallen victim to the fraudulent activities of the syndicate to visit the SCID, Yaba, with their complaints.
“The Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Command, CP Olohundare Jimoh, also commends the police personnel involved in this operation for their dedication and professionalism that resulted in this success.
“CP Jimoh assures all Lagosians that the Command remains resolute and committed to combating all forms of crimes and criminalities, including cybercrime tagged “yahoo”.He urges residents to report every suspicious activity or incident to the Police in their localities for prompt police action.
Metro
Mortuary Attendants Arrested Over Dead Man’s Missing Genitals

There was pandemonium resulting from a sad discovery by relations of a deceased young man in Abia state, that his testicles were missing in a mortuary his remains were kept.
The situation led to the destruction of the mortuary and near lynching of it’s workers in Umuezibe, Obingwa area, along the Aba/Ikot Ekpene highway, where it is located.
The deceased, whose name was simple given as Chimaobi, in his twenties, was allegedly electrocuted while fiddling with high tension electricity cables in Abayi Okorator, in the same area with his corpse kept in the mortuary, pending burial.
However, things got awry, when youths from his (the deceased) community went to retrieve his corpse only to discover that his genitals were missing from the body they were being shown by the attendants who thereafter, tried to escape but got apprehended.
The situation got so tensed that relations of dead person’s whose bodies were deposited in the mortuary quickly came to remove them either for immediate burial or to other locations, as the youths insisted on destroying the facility.
Eyewitness account told our correspondent that a quick intervention of the police in Eastern Ngwa, saved the mortuary attendants who were said to have been taken into custody.
A senior police source in the area, said the situation was under control, though he didn’t speak further on the issue.
Metro
School teacher arrested for sexually molesting 7 year-old pupil in Osun

Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Osun State Command has apprehended a male school teacher, identified as Ahmadan Rufai Akorede, for allegedly molesting a seven-year-old female pupil in Ilesa.
Corps Public Relations Officer, Kehinde Adeleke, in a statement, revealed that the 22-year-old teacher abused the pupil sexually by thrusting his manhood into her mouth many times.
The State Commandant of the Corps, Igbalawole Sotiyo, said a discreet investigation revealed that the school teacher started molesting the girl sometime last year, 2024.
According to his confessional statement, when it was closing time, he asked the victim to close all windows in a classroom and thrust his manhood into her mouth.
The suspect reportedly confessed further that the second incident happened on March 20, 2025, after school hours. It was only the teacher and the girl that were in the class and he pressed her buttocks.
Meanwhile, Adeleke said the suspect was arraigned by NSCDC on Wednesday 26th March, 2025 before the Magistrate Court in Ilesha where he pleaded not guilty to the one count charge and was subsequently remanded at the correctional service in Ilesa.
The matter was adjourned for trial.
Commandant Sotiyo expressed displeasure that despite the government’s commitment to the severe maximum punishment for those involved in child molestation and rape cases, some individuals would continue to involve in such acts.
-
News10 hours ago
Natasha: Kogi PDP hammers Ododo, reiterates unfeigned support for her
-
Economy9 hours ago
SEE Black Market Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate Today 3rd April 2025
-
News17 hours ago
Rivers APC demands Fubara’s probe over ex-HoS allegations
-
News5 hours ago
Just in: “Ignore rumour mongers, there was no time I collapsed “-Wike asserts
-
News5 hours ago
CJ transfers Natasha’s case to Justice Nyako
-
News8 hours ago
Just in: INEC dumps recall petition against Sen Natasha
-
Economy18 hours ago
Naira rebounces against the dollar in parallel market
-
News13 hours ago
Just in: Finally, Trump imposes 14% tarriff on Nigeria oil, others