News
Sack All Appointees In Security Sector – Rep Tells Tinubu

Abdulsamad Dasuki, a member of the House of Representatives, has asked President Bola Tinubu to sack all his appointees in the security sector because they have failed to meet the expectations of Nigerians.
Dasuki said this during the debate on a motion condemning the recent suicide bombing in Borno State. The motion was sponsored by Ahmed Jaha.
In his remarks, the lawmaker said the President appointed several northerners into the security sector so that they can take care of insecurity in the North, however, they have not been able to do that.
He stated that the country needs a scapegoat, adding that the House should urge the President to sack all his political appointees in the security sector.
“In the last year that we have been inaugurated— no one has been sacked. It is high time we hold people responsible. It is high time we find a scapegoat, which is justifiable. These guys have not lived up to expectations. The president has said that he gave these positions to northerners to defend their people. That is what he said practically.
“Every day, we have two or three security related issues. We can call on the president to sack all security political appointees. All of them have been in the position for ten months. Political appointees-security wise can go,” he said.
Some of the northern political appointees include the Minister of Defence, Mohammed Badaru, the Minister of State for Defence, Bello Matawalle, the Minister of Police, Ibrahim Gaidam, the National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu and others.
Also speaking on the motion, the Chairman of the House Committee on Navy, Yusuf Gagdi, opposed the argument that the security sector was handed to northerners, stating that the Inspector General of Police, Kayode Egbetokun and the Chief of Army Staff, Taoreed Lagbaja, were southerners.
Following the debate, the House resolved to condemn the bombing and asked the Committee on National Security and Intelligence to investigate the development.
News
OBIO/AKPOR FEDERAL CONSTITUENCY FREE MEDICAL OUTREACH(PHOTOS)

The month of March was a busy one at the Obio/Akpor Federal Constituency with numerous Programmes and Trainings approved and sponsored by Rep. O. K. Chinda.
The month of April is already showing signs of being busier as we have commenced a Free 3-day Medical Outreach.
Today, which is day 1, featured Health Talks and Sensitization, with some participants going home with 10kg of rice after being attended to.
The programme continues tomorrow and will include the following: –
• Vital signs checking.
• Seeing of Doctor/optometrist.
• Laboratory/ diagnosis
• Pharmacy.
The medical outreach is anchored by Dailystar Pharmacy Nigeria Limited
“I WIN, U WIN”
From
The Media Team
Obio/Akpor Federal Constituency Office
News
Security Personnel Shoots Himself Trying To Nab Suspect In Abuja
By Kayode Sanni-Arewa
There was tension on Wednesday As vigilante operating at Dei-Dei community in Bwari Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mujahid Ibrahim (32), has reportedly shot himself while trailing a suspect in the area. Abuja Metro learnt that the bullets from his rifle injured him around his feet, with at least seven cartridges extracted from his body
He was said to be awaiting x-ray results for the possibility of more cartridges in his body.
The incident took place around 12 am in the early hours of Wednesday when the victim and his colleague intercepted a resident in the neighbourhood, they were guarding for working at late hours.
Speaking yesterday at the Kubwa General Hospital, where he was rushed to, Ibrahim said the suspect came around 12 am against the 11 pm, which was agreed upon by the members of the community.
“My colleague, who attended to him, tried in vain to make him understand the rule, but instead for him to cooperate, he resorted to violence and in an effort to scare him, I cooked my rifle pointing toward the sky. I later withdrew the rifle back to my shoulder, but forgot to pull it back and in the process of running toward him as the man was having a scuffle with my colleague, the gun fired out some bullets that hit me around my feet,’’ he said
Also speaking, his colleague, who accompanied him to the hospital, Ben Isaac, said following the incident, the resident in question disappeared but his elder brother has taken all the responsibilities including the treatment charges.
He added that a 24- hour warning was issued to him to appear or get arrested.
News
Just in: INEC dumps recall petition against Sen Natasha

The Independent National Electoral Commission,( INEC) has rejected the petition to recall the Senator representing Kogi Central, Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, inadequate.
The electoral umpire via its 𝕏 handle on Thursday, April 3, 2025, made this known in a terse statement where it disclosed that the group, who initiated the process did not meet the requirements of the constitution.
INEC in a tweet on its ‘X’ handle said; “The petition for the recall of the Senator representing the Kogi Central Senatorial District has not met the requirement of Section 69(a) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended)”.
-
News11 hours ago
Rivers APC demands Fubara’s probe over ex-HoS allegations
-
Economy4 hours ago
SEE Black Market Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate Today 3rd April 2025
-
News5 hours ago
Natasha: Kogi PDP hammers Ododo, reiterates unfeigned support for her
-
Economy12 hours ago
Naira rebounces against the dollar in parallel market
-
News3 hours ago
Just in: INEC dumps recall petition against Sen Natasha
-
News11 hours ago
Air Algerie Inaugural Flight to Abuja Will Strengthen Nigeria-Algeria Ties – FG
-
News8 hours ago
Just in: Finally, Trump imposes 14% tarriff on Nigeria oil, others
-
News5 hours ago
US cancels ex- president ,Nobel Peace Prize winner Oscar Arias visa