News
Akpabio, Yahaya Bello Conspired To Assassinate Me – Senator Natasha Makes Fresh Allegation

Suspended senator representing Kogi Central, Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, has accused Senate President Godswill Akpabio and former Kogi State Governor Yahaya Bello of plotting to assassinate her.
The embattled lawmaker made these allegations while addressing a large gathering of her supporters, who gave her a rousing welcome during her homecoming event on Tuesday.
Akpoti-Uduaghan claimed that although the plot was not publicly disclosed, the Nigeria Police Force had already been notified about the situation.
She further alleged that Akpabio initiated her recall process after promising financial support to the former governor.
“On the 13th of March at 10:00 pm—two days before that, Akpabio had called Governor Ododo on the phone to commence my recall, but Ododo told him it would be impossible,” she stated.
According to her, Governor Ododo informed Akpabio that recalling her would not succeed because she enjoyed massive support from the people. However, she claimed that Akpabio was not satisfied and then reached out to Yahaya Bello.
“The meeting had two objectives—they asked him to begin my recall process, assuring him of funding, and they also plotted to eliminate me,” she alleged.
Akpoti-Uduaghan disclosed that she had written to the Inspector General of Police regarding the alleged assassination plot.
“Akpabio told Yahaya Bello that if they were to kill me, it should not happen in Abuja but here in Kogi, so it would appear as if the people themselves were responsible for my death,” she alleged.
Her claims have sparked significant political controversy, raising concerns about the ongoing tensions surrounding her suspension and political future.
News
Court stops Abia govt from appointing new judges

A Federal High Court sitting in Umuahia, the Abia State capital, has restrained the Abia State Government and her agents from engaging in a fresh process for the appointment of new Judges in the state.
The order followed an application brought by two litigants, Uzoamaka Uche Ikonne and Victoria Okey Nwokeukwu, questioning the Abia State government’s engaging in a fresh process in the appointment of 10 new Judges in the state.
Our correspondent gathered that the plaintiffs were shortlisted by the Abia State Judicial Service Commission in 2022 for appointment as Judges in the Abia State Judiciary, and on October 17, 2022, they attended an interview conducted by the National Judicial Council.
The candidates were equally screened by the Department of State Security (DSS) thereafter and were awaiting official announcement as judges before the government reportedly jettisoned the exercise and began a fresh process, the reason courts in the state are lacking judges.
Uzoamaka Uche Ikonne and Victoria Okey Nwokeukwu had for themselves and on behalf of the 2022 shortlisted candidates for the appointment as Judges of Abia State Judiciary, dragged the Abia State Judicial Service Commission, the Chief Judge of the state, the Attorney General and eight others before the court.
The plaintiffs sought an interim order of the court directing the plaintiffs and the defendants to maintain the status quo in the suit pending the hearing and determination of the motion on notice for interlocutory injunction in the suit.
Plaintiffs equally prayed the court for any further order or other orders as the court may deem fit to make in the circumstance.
After reading the affidavit of urgency in support of the motion ex parte deposed to by the 1st plaintiff, Uzoamaka Uche Ikonne; and after hearing O.O. Nkume, counsel for the plaintiffs move in terms of the motion paper, the court presided by Justice S. B. Onu ordered that all the parties to the action shall maintain status quo ante bellum pending the hearing and determination of the plaintiffs motion on notice.
Our correspondent gathered that the court also ordered that the plaintiffs shall enter into undertaking as to damages in the event that the order ought not to have been made.
Speaking after the court ruling, Amadi U.U, who described himself as a concerned citizen of Abia State, said until the process of appointment of judges was insulated from executive interference and influence, the administration of justice will be in jeopardy.
News
Police summon Sanusi over Kano Sallah procession violence

The reinstated Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II has a date with the police on Tuesday, April 8.
He has been invited for questioning over alleged killings during the last Sallah celebration in Kano.
Commissioner of Police (Operations) Olajide Rufus Ibitoye in an April 4,2025 letter to the emir said the invitation was at the instance of the Inspector General of Police.
The emir is required to report at the Force Intelligence Department, Area 11, Abuja, on the day by 10:00am.
Ibitoye, in the letter, said: “I have the directives of the Inspector General of police, through the Deputy Inspector General of Police, Force Intelligence Department (FID) to invite you for an investigative meeting with regards to an incident that occurred during the Sallah celebration within your domain.
“Your availability is highly sought for a purposeful investigation,” the invitation letter emphasised.
Two suspects have been arrested in connection with the killings,the police said.
One Usman Sagiru, 20, and 35-year old Nasir Idris, were arrested in connection with the killing and attack on vigilance group members who were part of the Emir’s entourage Emir after Eid prayers on Sunday, March 30, at about 12:40pm.
The Kano Command also invited Shamakin Kano, Alhaji Wada Isyaku for interrogation following the reported defiance on the ban on Durbar activities after Sallah.
Sanusi presided over the Eid prayer attended by Governor Abba Yusuf and other top government officials at the Kofar Mata Eid prayer ground in Kano. He was also at Government House for a homage on the governor in continuation of the Sallah celebrations.
Police spokesman in Kano, Abdullahi Haruna Kiyawa, a Superintendent of Police (SP) had said: that while dispersing from the Eid praying ground, Usman Sagiru and others, who are now at large, allegedly stabbed Surajo Rabiu, a vigilance group member from Sabon Titi Jaba Quarters.
The victim later died from injuries.
“Another vigilante member, Aminu Suleman, who was among those providing shield for Emir Sanusi, sustained injuries and is currently receiving treatment at Murtala Mohammed Specialists Hospital Kano.”
The Commissioner of Police in Kano State, Ibrahim Adamu Bakori, subsequently constituted a Special Investigation Panel (SIP) to investigate the violence.
The panel was charged to unravel the “remote and immediate causes” of the violence and “any defiance to the Command’s overt ban on all forms of Durbar or horse riding throughout the Sallah Celebration, based on security concerns in the state.”
The police command in Kano had banned all forms of Durbar and warned that anyone found engaging in such activities would be dealt with decisively.
The police had banned the post-Eid Durbar activities planned by Emir Sanusi and his rival Emir Ado Aminu Ado Bayero on Sallah day, citing security concerns.
Residents are already counting their losses arising from the banning of the Durbar.
The Executive Secretary of History and Culture Bureau, Kano, Arc. Ahmad Abba Yusuf, told reporters in Kano that the Durbar would have presented an interesting economic value chain, ranging from woodwork, metalwork and even horse feed that would have involved farmers’ participation.
“It is such a big loss to the nation, not to the state government of Kano alone,” he said.
Arc. Yusuf estimated that billions of naira was lost.
He put the cost of a horse and its decoration at N1.5 million.
“Now, multiply all these costs by 6,000 horses. And don’t forget that some riders use up to four horses during the event. Meanwhile, it takes a long time of training and preparing a horse just for the Durbar,” he said.
Also counting their losses are 160 tourists who flew in from Belgium, US, UK and other countries to experience the Durbar. The tourists also expressed their disappointments over the cancellation.
Speaking on behalf of the tourists, Mr. Virgil Taylor, a US based tourist, lamented that all he spent to fly to Kano to watch the Sallah Durbar went down the drain..
Taylor, 70, said he had heard a lot about the Kano Durbar. He also did a lot of research on the Durbar so he decided this year to come to Kano and watch its rich grandeur live.
He said: “In recent years I have visited several African nations and in doing my research I just came upon the information about the d Kano Durbar and was excited about it.
“It was totally different from anything I had seen in other places. So, I started planning for this trip over a year ago when I was in Ghana.
“I kept doing my research and I understood that there were many Durbars in Nigeria, but in particular the Kano Durbar as I understood, remains the biggest Durbar to visit.”
News
Tinubu orders manhunt for perpetrators of Plateau massacre

Bola Ahmed Tinubu has ordered security agencies to hunt down those responsible for the brutal attacks on several villages in Bokkos Local Government Area of Plateau State, which left more than 52 people dead and dozens of homes and food stores destroyed.
In a strong condemnation of the massacre, which occurred Wednesday night across Ruwi, Mangor, Daffo, Manguna, Hurti, and Tadai communities, the President described the killings as unacceptable and vowed that the attackers would face severe punishment once apprehended.
According to a statement issued by his Special Adviser on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga, Tinubu expressed deep sorrow over what he called “another violent attack” on defenceless citizens, warning that such “mindless” violence has no place in Nigeria, especially at a time when the country is intensifying efforts to restore peace and order nationwide.
He assured that the government would not be deterred in its constitutional responsibility to protect lives and property, emphasising that these tragic incidents would only strengthen his administration’s resolve to defeat those he described as “forces of evil.”
The President extended his condolences to the families of the victims and all those affected by the incident.
He urged communities to remain calm and resist any urge for retaliation, stressing the need for unity across ethnic, religious, and political lines in the collective pursuit of peace.
“No community should have to endure such tragedy,” Tinubu stated, calling on all Nigerians to embrace their shared humanity and stand together against violence in any form.
The President said “the report of another violent attack in communities in Plateau State by mindless gunmen saddens me. The latest attacks on defenceless citizens are unacceptable.
“I have directed security agencies to hunt down the attackers, and they will face severe punishment when apprehended.
“These intermittent attacks should have no place in our country at a time when we are working so hard to restore peace and order in all parts of our country.
“This unfortunate incident will never dampen and slow us down in our duty to protect every Nigerian citizen. Instead, we will work harder to exterminate forces of evil wherever they are lurking in our country.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims’ families and all those affected by this senseless violence. No community should have to endure such tragedy. We all must unite to foster peace and stability.
“I urge all citizens—regardless of ethnic, religious, or political affiliations—to uphold the shared humanity that binds us all, embrace peace and reject retaliation”, he said.
Meanwhile, the state governor, Caleb Mutfwang has described the ongoing attacks and killings in some parts of the state as a coordinated crime sponsored by conflict merchants and not farmer-herder clashes.
The governor said this during the Fashion and Arts Exhibition organised by the Tincity Fashion Week titled ‘The Plateau Experience’, on Friday night in Abuja.
Mutfwang, who insisted that the attacks were well organised criminality, promised that the government and security agencies had put measures in place to forestall future occurrence.
“I want to thank all of you who are here to support and honour Plateau with your presence in this event. We do not take this show of solidarity lightly.
“We contemplated suspending this event due to the current security situation in the state, but we decided not to allow the situation ruin the good things we have to celebrate.
“And I must say that the aim of the enemy is to throw the state into gloom and mourning but we will rise above their intent and not give them what they want.
“For those who think that the current situation is a farmer-herder issue, let me disabuse your mind from that perception; it is a product of organised crime by malicious elements who do not want peace to reign in the state.
“I want to assure the good people of Plateau that God will give us victory over these miscreants and their end has come” he said.
-
News15 hours ago
Security Alert: Police alert officers ahead of nationwide protest over living costs, free speech
-
News13 hours ago
VOA Halts Operations In Nigeria, Others Over President Trump
-
News23 hours ago
SAD! Woman Reportedly Poisons Boyfriend To D3ath For Cheating On Her
-
News13 hours ago
Police rescue 14 kidnapped passengers of Benue Links
-
News13 hours ago
Passengers Escape Death By Whiskers As Bus Burst Into Flames In Lagos
-
News3 hours ago
Why NYSC maybe extended by FG- Minister
-
News3 hours ago
Wike commissions another solar-powered market in Abuja
-
News3 hours ago
Burial date for Edwin Clark announced