Connect with us

Metro

Pastor Jerry Eze recalls, says “I met my wife when she was 17 with relish

Published

on

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

Nigerian pastor and founder of Streams of Joy International, Jerry Eze has revealed that he met his wife, Eno when she was 17 years old.

Eno became a year older on Thursday, and to commemorate the occasion, the clergyman took to Instagram to shower his wife with compliments.

Jerry Eze wrote, “To the little girl I met at 17 who has blossomed to a virtuous woman,” he wrote.

“To the young Christian I knew who has grown to become a fireful vessel in the hands of God. To the shy girl I met who has grown to be a pillar of confidence and boldness.

Advertisement

“Who would not love a woman like you? Onye Oma m from way back, a million words cannot describe all that I have in my heart but on this special day of yours I pray may history be kind to you.

“May posterity remember you with joy. Our children – biological and spiritual all over the world will call you blessed.”

The couple have been married for over sixteen years. They have two children together.

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Metro

Pathetic: Driver running away from VIO officials kills pregnant woman with unborn twins

Published

on

By

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

A heavily pregnant woman identified as Ruth Nen Maurice has reportedly lost her life in a tragic road accident allegedly caused by a reckless driver attempting to evade officials of the Vehicle Inspection Office (VIO) in Jos.

The fatal incident occurred on Tuesday, May 19, 2026, in the city centre and has sparked grief and outrage among residents.

According to eyewitness accounts, the driver allegedly made a dangerous attempt to escape from VIO operatives before losing control and knocking down the woman, who was reportedly standing by the roadside waiting to board a vehicle to the hospital for an antenatal appointment.

A close friend of the deceased, Ewan Boss Julz Odumu, confirmed the incident in a Facebook post on Wednesday.

Advertisement

He disclosed that Ruth was heavily pregnant with twins and was close to delivery before the tragic accident occurred.

“A mother who was preparing to welcome twins back home never made it alive. Her unborn babies never got the chance to cry, breathe, or see this world because of somebody’s reckless decision,” he wrote.

The heartbreaking incident has triggered emotional reactions online, with many Nigerians calling for stricter traffic enforcement procedures and accountability in the conduct of road operations.

Confirming the development, spokesperson of the Plateau State Police Command, DSP Alfred Alabo, said the driver involved in the accident had been arrested.

Advertisement

He added that investigations into the incident had commenced and that the suspect would be charged to court upon conclusion of the investigation.

The incident has further renewed concerns over reckless driving and the dangers often associated with attempts by motorists to evade law enforcement and traffic officials.

Continue Reading

Metro

Police Officer Apologises After Threatening To Shoot Anyone Filming Him On Duty, Says ‘I Spoke Out Of Anger’

Published

on

By

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

Newton Isokpehi, the police officer who sparked outrage online after threatening to shoot anyone caught filming him while on duty, has apologised to Nigerians, saying his comments were made out of frustration.

In a video posted on his TikTok page on Thursday, the officer addressed the controversy generated by his earlier remarks and pleaded for forgiveness from the public and rights activist Harrison Gwamnishu, who had shared the viral clip.

“Please forgive me. If I offended you as a brother, forgive me. That statement was just out of annoyance because of the things that are happening. These things are painful,” he said.

Speaking in Pidgin English, Isokpehi insisted that his comments were misunderstood and clarified that he was not against citizens recording police officers.

Advertisement

“Actually, you can video us. You are allowed to video a policeman. But it’s not right for just anybody to come from anywhere and start videoing officers on duty. They have taken it too far,” he stated.

The officer, who revealed that he is from Edo State and was raised in a police barracks in Kaduna, described himself as a committed officer who has dedicated years to serving the country.

“Anywhere people ask about me, people will testify to my character. I have worked in the Mobile Police for 12 years. I have worked for my fatherland with all my heart,” he said.

As part of his emotional appeal, Isokpehi displayed several gunshot wounds on his body, saying they were sustained during active operations.

Advertisement

“Look at my body, these are all bullets. These are all gunshot wounds. See my chest, the bullet has eaten into it. Out of 17 of us, only two survived that operation,” he said.

“We have suffered in this work. So it was out of annoyance. We don’t even like complaining,” he added.

The policeman also attempted to walk back his earlier threat, insisting he had no intention of harming civilians.

“How can I be saying I will kill my own people? We don’t do that. I spoke out of annoyance. That one was just verbal talk,” he said.

Advertisement

Directly appealing to Gwamnishu and Nigerians, Isokpehi admitted that the backlash had escalated beyond what he expected.

“Harrison, forgive me. I beg the whole of Nigeria, please forgive me. This one has reached too far. If you want to know me, come and meet me one-on-one. You will know me personally. I will not run. I will not surrender,” he said.

He concluded by expressing hope that conditions for police officers would improve under the current Inspector General of Police.

“We have decided that we will die for our fatherland. One day, things will surely get better by the grace of God. One love to the world,” he added.

Advertisement

The apology comes barely 24 hours after a video of the officer threatening to “clear everybody down,” including bystanders near anyone filming him, circulated widely on X and Instagram, triggering criticism and calls for disciplinary action.

As of the time of filing this report, the Nigeria Police Force had yet to issue an official statement on the matter.

Continue Reading

Metro

Troops nab 12 suspected kidnappers in raids on Edo forests

Published

on

By

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

Troops of the Nigerian Army have arrested 12 suspected kidnappers during clearance operations code-named Operation KO SALO in forests areas of Owan East and Esan South-East Local Government Areas of Edo State.

Kennedy Anyanwu, Assistant Director Army Public Relations who announced this in a statement on Tuesday said the operation was carried out by troops of 4 Brigade, under 2 Division Nigerian Army, in conjunction with the other security agencies and the Edo State Security Corps.

According to the statement, the troops cleared Ugbovbighan Village, Olelo Forest, Egoro Amede Village, and conducted cordon-and-search operations at the Rugan Fulani settlement during which three suspected criminals identified as Ishaya Obadis, aged 20, Markus Ballu, aged 35, and Godknows Owonoji, aged 30, were arrested.

Anyanwu listed items recovered from the suspects who he described as collaborators and logistics suppliers to kidnappers to include two motorcycles and two mobile phones.

Advertisement

He added that the suspects were handed over to the Ekpoma Police Division for further action.

The Army spokesperson said that troops also cleared Ekeke Forest, Ishiolili Village, and Camp Sule Rugan Fulani, all in Owan East Local Government Area of Edo State during which two suspects identified as Bala Mahmood, aged 70, and Ibrahim Abdullahi, aged 25, were arrested.

“Items recovered from them included dangerous weapons and one small Tecno mobile phone. The suspects and recovered items were also handed over to the Ekpoma Police Division for further investigation and prosecution,” Anyanwu said.

He added that at Uwarlor-Oke Forest in Esan North-East Local Government Area, as well as the Udo Government Reserve Forest in Esan South-East Local Government, the troops arrested seven suspected kidnappers namely; Isah Shehu, aged 25, Hamadu Safiyanu, aged 22, Tijani Shehu, aged 24, Yahaya Babangida, aged 25, Usman Hamza, aged 26, Abduladi Saleh, aged 23, and Gadafi Tukur, aged 27.

Advertisement

Anyawu listed items recovered from the suspects to include one motorcycle and two Itel mobile phones. The suspects and recovered items were handed over to the Amendokhian Police Division for further action.

He further revealed that the troops in conjunction with Nigerian Police Force and local vigilantes conducted operations at Emu Forest in Emu, Esan Southeast Local Government Area, Edo State during which they extensively searched Otobo Camp and Nnamdo Camp and recovered one locally made long barrel gun and one motorcycle.

“Recovered items were deposited at Ubiaja Police Division for further action. Troops continue with the ongoing operation aimed at ridding the state of criminal elements,” said Anyawu.

He added that Commander, 4 Brigade Nigerian Army, Brigadier General Ahmed Balogun, commended the troops for their professionalism and charged them to sustain the operational tempo towards dismantling all kidnappers’ hideouts across Edo State.

Advertisement

“He also reassured members of the public of the Brigade’s unwavering commitment to sustaining offensive operations aimed at eradicating kidnapping and protecting lives and property. The Commander urged residents to continue providing timely and credible information to security agencies to support ongoing operations.

“He further appreciated the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 2 Division, Major General Chinedu Nnebeife for his strategic guidance and support which he said has fostered operational excellence,” Anyawu

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2024 Naija Blitz News