News
N298million SUV Scandal: NCSCN Gives Tinubu Seven Days To Probe TCN Managing Director, Abdulaziz
- /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 27
https://naijablitznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/suaba.jpg&description=N298million SUV Scandal: NCSCN Gives Tinubu Seven Days To Probe TCN Managing Director, Abdulaziz', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
- Share
- Tweet /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 72
https://naijablitznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/suaba.jpg&description=N298million SUV Scandal: NCSCN Gives Tinubu Seven Days To Probe TCN Managing Director, Abdulaziz', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
The National Civil Society Council of Nigeria (NCSCN) has given President Bola Tinubu and other relevant institutions a seven-day ultimatum to suspend the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN), Abdulaziz Ahmed Sule, over sundry corruption allegations.
It was earlier reported how Ahmed Sule allegedly bought a 2023 Lexus LX 600 model for the Minister of Power, Adebayo Adelabu to perfect his stay in office.
The SUV was procured for N298,444,187.
Sources had also told SaharaReporters that Sule bought the vehicle from the internally generated revenue of the company to bribe the minister to ensure that President Bola Tinubu did not remove him from office.
Meanwhile the call by NCSCN was made in a press statement issued by Blessing Akinlosotu, the council’s Executive Director, describing the TCN boss’ action as insensitive towards what Nigerians were currently facing in the country’s power sector.
Commenting on the development, NCSCN said that over 20 petitions had been brought before the Civil Society Council against the MD/CEO of TCN and a few others directed at the leadership of the Distribution Companies (DISCOs).
The statement continued, “However, the most alarming is the recent reports concerning bribery allegations against the Managing Director of TCN, Engr. Sule A. Abdulaziz, that he purchased an SUV Car to induce the Honourable Minister of Power to influence his retention.
“The most painful aspect of this ugly development to the Civil Society Community is that while the nation is languishing in darkness and epileptic power supply, about 226 containers of power equipment and transformers owned by the TCN are at the various ports in Nigeria.
“Aside the corruption component in this offensive action, the gross insensitivity and irresponsibility therein is clearly showcased in the fact that this same MD of TCN has been unable to raise and pay up a paltry sum of one billion naira to take delivery of about 226 longstanding containers of power equipment and transformers that are trapped in various ports as a result of inability of the MD/CEO of TCN to raise paltry sum of money required to clear and take final deliveries.
“The Civil Society Council is in custody of a letter dated November 7, 2023 with reference TCN/MD/CEO/01/E,001/VOL 7/227/2023 signed by the MD/CEO of TCN himself to the Comptroller General of Nigeria Customs Service appealing for intervention to cancel the huge demurage and duties that had accumulated up to about N5billion, of which the Comptroller General graciously obliged, cutting down to only 20% about N1billion, in order to help improve electricity supply in Nigeria, yet, despite the goodwill and kind gesture of the Comptroller General of Customs, the MD of TCN is still unable to pay and take deliveries till date.
“We can all imagine the positive impact of 226 container load of power equipment and transformers to the national grid and electricity supply across the country, instead the MD of TCN can raise over one quarter of the same amount to buy car for a Minister.
“NCSCN considers this failure to clear and take delivery of the containers of power equipment, purchase of car for the Minister of Power, and other violation of Procurement Act, as the height of irresponsibility and insensitivity to the plight of the masses, that calls for stiff punitive measures against the MD/CEO of TCN.
“It is in the light of the foregoing that the National Civil Society Council of Nigeria (NCSCN) strongly demands the immediate suspension of Engr. Sule A. Abdulaziz by President Tinubu and investigation into these allegations by the EFCC, also that the Honourable Minister Power urgently addresses the Nigerian public on these very important matters.
“The Council hereby issues a 7-day ultimatum starting from today of this Press Conference to relevant authorities [President Bola Tinubu, Minister of Power, Director General, State Security Services, Inspector General of Police, and General Public] to take actions on the above demands, failure to which we shall be left with no other option than to mobilise a mass protest nationwide to drive home our demands. Nigerians can no longer tolerate the excesses of the MD of TCN, and we demand remedies now or never.”
News
Dhamma Perfumes, CEO, Obi Ubaka Explains How To Succeed In Fragrance Business
By Kayode Sanni-Arewa
Lagos-based perfume merchant and founder of Dhamma Perfumes, makers of FAB-LAB and ARO-FAC fragrances, Obi Ubaka, has shared a detailed roadmap for thriving in the perfume industry. He emphasizes that success hinges on building a unique brand identity, mastering both the art and science of fragrance creation, and staying attuned to the ever-evolving market landscape.
Ubaka, who operates from Block 6 Above Plaza, Trade Fair Complex along the Lagos-Badagry Expressway, explained that the fragrance business demands a rare blend of artistic vision, business acumen, integrity, and persistence.
He also described his brand as the type that helps people boost their confidence and stand out through fashion world, adding that his years of experience in the business of selling of designer perfumes for wholesale and retail customers has given him requisite knowledge and experience to speak as an authority within that business climate.
While fielding questions on navigating the scented landscape and essential strategies for perfume business success, Obi said; “The perfume industry, a multi-billion dollar global market, is fiercely competitive. To carve out a niche and thrive, aspiring perfumers and entrepreneurs need a strategic roadmap that encompasses creative prowess, market awareness, and operational efficiency. Let’s explore the core elements of this fragrant formula or let me say defining one’s niche and target audience, before embarking on scent business, a crucial first step is identifying your target audience. Who are you trying to reach? What are their aspirations, lifestyle, and scent preferences? Understanding these demographics allows you to invest in fragrances that resonate deeply.
In this business merchants must also be conversant about the raw materials used in producing them. Deep knowledge of fragrance ingredients, including natural essential oils, absolutes, and synthetic aroma chemicals must always be noted to ascertain the veracity of their quality and how long they can stay on the persons wearing them. Understanding the classification and composition of scents; citrus, floral, woody, oriental, etc. and how to blend them harmoniously to create a balanced and appealing fragrance profile should never be compromised. Mastering the techniques to create perfumes that have staying power (longevity) and a noticeable presence (projection) must be part of what should be appreciated in this very lucrative business.
On the issue of safety and regulations, Obi added, “well what I can say about this is that adhering to industry safety standards and regulations regarding fragrance ingredients and labeling is very important and of course every business owner must be law abiding and protect industry extant guidelines. One must also consider taking perfumery courses, working with experienced perfumers, or investing in resources that provide in-depth knowledge of fragrance formulation.”
In crafting a compelling brand story and identity, the founder of Dhamma Perfumes, makers of FAB-LAB and ARO-FAC fragrances added, “In a saturated market, a strong brand story differentiates you from the competition and moreover, you must have integrity. For example, this number, +234806 519 7515 has been my mobile for decades, since I have nothing to hide. The number has not changed. Besides that, your brand story should equally communicate your values, inspiration, and the unique philosophy behind your fragrances. You must develop a consistent and engaging marketing strategy that effectively communicates your brand story to your target audience through various channels.
“E-commerce Website is another important tool to expand the frontiers of perfume business from market research and product development to packaging design, branding, marketing, and choosing the right sales channels. A user-friendly website with high-quality product images, detailed descriptions, and secure online ordering will also be an advantage, while also building a sound and symbiotic relationship with logistics companies and others who are in the business dispatch services. Similarly, engaging with your target audience on social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Whatsapp, and Pinterest, showcasing your brand, and building a community around your fragrances must also be accommodated and considered.”
When asked about the unique role of packaging in the success of a perfume brand he said, “Packaging plays a critical role in conveying brand identity and influencing purchase decisions. We always advise stakeholders in the perfume business value chain about high-quality packaging that reflects the brand’s aesthetics and protects the fragrance. Consider sustainable packaging options to appeal to environmentally conscious consumers.
“Beyond that a serious minded merchant must also think about staying ahead of trends in the ever-evolving fragrance industry; this includes continuous learning and market research, these are very essential. You must also follow industry publications, attend trade shows, monitor social media trends, and engage with customers to understand their evolving preferences. Adaptability and innovation are key to long-term success,” Obi stated.
News
Trump Admin orders Nigerians, other green card applicants to return home for residency processing
The United States has directed Nigerians and other foreign nationals seeking green cards to return to their home countries to complete the application process.
The directive was announced on Friday in a press statement issued by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
The agency explained that the policy was intended to restore what it described as the “original intent” of US immigration law.
USCIS spokesman, Zach Kahler, stated that the new policy would help reduce the number of migrants who remain illegally in the United States after unsuccessful residency applications.
According to the statement, except under extraordinary circumstances, foreigners seeking adjustment of status will now be required to process their residency applications through US consular offices abroad under the supervision of the United States Department of State.
The agency stated: “We’re returning to the original intent of the law to ensure aliens navigate our nation’s immigration system properly. From now on, an alien who is in the U.S. temporarily and wants a Green Card must return to their home country to apply, except in extraordinary circumstances.”
Kahler added: “This policy allows our immigration system to function as the law intended instead of incentivising loopholes. When aliens apply from their home country, it reduces the need to find and remove those who decide to slip into the shadows and remain in the U.S. illegally after being denied residency.”
USCIS explained that the new directive would mainly affect temporary visitors, including students, tourists and workers who entered the United States on nonimmigrant visas.
“Nonimmigrants, like students, temporary workers, or people on tourist visas, come to the U.S. for a short time and for a specific purpose. Our system is designed for them to leave when their visit is over. Their visit should not function as the first step in the Green Card process,” the statement added.
The agency further stated that processing residency applications through consular offices abroad would help free up limited agency resources for other immigration priorities.
According to USCIS, the policy would enable the agency to focus more on applications involving victims of violent crimes, human trafficking cases, naturalisation requests and other immigration services within its jurisdiction.
“The law was written this way for a reason, and despite the fact that it has been ignored for years, following it will help make our system fairer and more efficient,” the statement noted.
In December 2025, former US President Donald Trump temporarily suspended the processing of green card and citizenship applications filed by Nigerians and nationals of other countries newly added to the US travel ban, according to a CBS News report.
The suspension affected legal immigration applications handled by USCIS and mainly targeted immigrants from selected African and Asian countries.
Many of those affected were already living legally in the United States and were seeking to adjust their immigration status or become American citizens.
The Trump administration also directed USCIS to freeze all immigration petitions, including applications for permanent residency and citizenship, from nationals of 19 countries covered by the travel ban announced in June.
News
Dr. Olotu Akpodiete Chairs Iwhreko Primary School 3rd Annual Athletics & Send Forth Ceremony
Hon. Dr. Akpodiete Olotu JP, Executive Director of the Olotu & Ekuogbe Rowland Akpodiete Foundation, chaired the 3rd Annual Inter-House Athletics Competition and Send Forth Ceremony at Iwhreko Primary School on May 21, 2026. The event took place at the school premises and brought together students, staff, parents, and guests for a day of sports and celebration.
Dr. Olotu Akpodiete was accompanied by Amb. Comr. Kpohraror Emmanuel, an old boy of Iwhreko Primary School. His presence highlighted the importance of alumni giving back and supporting the growth of their former school and the younger generation.
In her welcome address, Headteacher Chief Mrs. Eyamu welcomed guests, parents, and participants. She encouraged parents to remain actively involved in their children’s education, stating that parental support strengthens students’ sense of belonging and motivates them to excel. She also expressed appreciation to the Olotu & Ekuogbe Rowland Akpodiete Foundation for its continued support to the school.
Speaking as Chairman of the occasion, Hon. Dr. Olotu Akpodiete thanked the headteacher and students for the warm reception. He commended the school for organizing the event to promote talent, discipline, and unity among pupils. He assured that the foundation would continue to support the students and the school to drive development and growth.
The 3rd Annual Inter-House Athletics Competition and Send Forth served as both a platform to showcase student talent and a send-off for graduating pupils. The ceremony reinforced the role of community-driven initiatives in advancing education and youth development in Ughelli.
-
News5 hours agoPopular Rap Star Dies After Battling Cancer
-
News5 hours ago2027: I’m not avoiding Atiku – Peter Obi
-
News5 hours agoEx-Gov Abubakar, Halliru Jika emerge APC, ADC guber candidates in Bauchi
-
News4 hours ago2027: Saraki Unveils Kawu as Kwara PDP’s guber Consensus Candidate
-
News5 hours ago“You can’t meet El-Rufai” – ICPC bars ADC
-
News4 hours agoTCN gives update on blackout in Aso Rock, Nnamdi Azikiwe Int’l Airport, other parts of Abuja
-
News4 hours agoStrait of Hormuz Closure Stifles Nigeria’s Fragrance Business, Says Sirtified Perfumes CEO Adetayo Olowookere
-
News3 hours agoDr. Olotu Akpodiete Chairs Iwhreko Primary School 3rd Annual Athletics & Send Forth Ceremony
