Metro
Ondo: Man Arrested For Killing His Childhood Friend
- /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 27
https://naijablitznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/Dolapo-Babalola.jpg&description=Ondo: Man Arrested For Killing His Childhood Friend', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
- Share
- Tweet /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 72
https://naijablitznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/Dolapo-Babalola.jpg&description=Ondo: Man Arrested For Killing His Childhood Friend', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
It was a shocking revelation when a suspected murderer, Dolapo Babalola told the Ondo State Police Command how he used a stone and a stump to kill his childhood friend in Okeigbo in the Ile-Oluji/Okeigbo local government area of the state.
Accordingbto Babalola, he killed his friend intending to steal his motorcycle which he sold to a buyer at Ibadan, Oyo State capital at the sum of N130.000. He dumped the remains in a nearby bush and covered him with tree branches.
While speaking with journalists, Babalola who said he is a serial motorcycle thief blamed the killing of Opeyemi Oyelakin, his childhood friend on the devil.
The Commissioner of Police, Abayomi Oladipo has paraded Babalola, 39 for allegedly killing Oyelakin and stealing his motorcycle in Ondo in Ondo West Local government area of the state.
Babalola said: “It is the work of the devil, I can’t explain because this person that we are talking about is my close friend. He is a close friend of mine. Truly his bike is not the first bike I will ever snatch but I have never killed before. Even those that are not related to me I snatched bikes from them and I did not even do anything harmful to them but this one is just a coincidence.
“It is the work of the devil I can’t explain how it happened. At least I have snatched about 15 motorcycles but I have never killed before. His own is the first, my buyer in Ibadan. The nature of the bike at the time of stealing determines how much we are going to sell it, but no matter how clean the bike is, my buyer will buy it for around N200,000.
“But we sold this one at the rate of N130,000 and we share the money equally because we are two in the business. When I wanted to collect the bike from him, he dragged it with us and I hit him with a stone. I know his mum and younger brother.
I can’t explain why I killed him I am a trader I sell oranges but I don’t have a shop. I do go to villages to buy oranges. I am from Oyo state, Ibadan precisely. But, I reside in Ondo town, I’m yet to marry, and this would be the first time I will come to this area. Of which I had been in the business since 2021/2022.”
The police boss said on March 25, a complaint was received from Ondo Town, that a motorcycle with registration number KAK 136 VF was stolen on 15/3/2024 while the rider, Evangelist Opeyemi Oyelakin was nowhere to be found.
However, he said detectives swung into action and arrested one Babalola Dolapo Daniel same date. During interrogation, the suspect confessed that the said Opeyemi Oyelakin ‘deceased’ was his childhood friend, whom they had not seen for a very long time until March 14.
The CP said “On 15/3/2024, the suspect and one Sikiru Mutiu aka S.K deceived the said Opeyemi Oyelakin, ‘deceased’ to carry them on motorcycle to where they have farm at Oke-Igbo Area
“As soon as they dropped, Sikiru Mutiu aka S.K gripped him from behind while he used a stick and stone to hit him on his head the victim died, and the corpse was dragged to a shallow pit, they covered it with leaves before his motorcycle was stolen.”
Oladipo added that the suspect took the detectives to the scene of the crime, where they perpetrated the criminal act, and the corpse together with the stick and stone was recovered.
Metro
Pathetic: Driver running away from VIO officials kills pregnant woman with unborn twins
A heavily pregnant woman identified as Ruth Nen Maurice has reportedly lost her life in a tragic road accident allegedly caused by a reckless driver attempting to evade officials of the Vehicle Inspection Office (VIO) in Jos.
The fatal incident occurred on Tuesday, May 19, 2026, in the city centre and has sparked grief and outrage among residents.
According to eyewitness accounts, the driver allegedly made a dangerous attempt to escape from VIO operatives before losing control and knocking down the woman, who was reportedly standing by the roadside waiting to board a vehicle to the hospital for an antenatal appointment.
A close friend of the deceased, Ewan Boss Julz Odumu, confirmed the incident in a Facebook post on Wednesday.
He disclosed that Ruth was heavily pregnant with twins and was close to delivery before the tragic accident occurred.
“A mother who was preparing to welcome twins back home never made it alive. Her unborn babies never got the chance to cry, breathe, or see this world because of somebody’s reckless decision,” he wrote.
The heartbreaking incident has triggered emotional reactions online, with many Nigerians calling for stricter traffic enforcement procedures and accountability in the conduct of road operations.
Confirming the development, spokesperson of the Plateau State Police Command, DSP Alfred Alabo, said the driver involved in the accident had been arrested.
He added that investigations into the incident had commenced and that the suspect would be charged to court upon conclusion of the investigation.
The incident has further renewed concerns over reckless driving and the dangers often associated with attempts by motorists to evade law enforcement and traffic officials.
Metro
Police Officer Apologises After Threatening To Shoot Anyone Filming Him On Duty, Says ‘I Spoke Out Of Anger’
Newton Isokpehi, the police officer who sparked outrage online after threatening to shoot anyone caught filming him while on duty, has apologised to Nigerians, saying his comments were made out of frustration.
In a video posted on his TikTok page on Thursday, the officer addressed the controversy generated by his earlier remarks and pleaded for forgiveness from the public and rights activist Harrison Gwamnishu, who had shared the viral clip.
“Please forgive me. If I offended you as a brother, forgive me. That statement was just out of annoyance because of the things that are happening. These things are painful,” he said.
Speaking in Pidgin English, Isokpehi insisted that his comments were misunderstood and clarified that he was not against citizens recording police officers.
“Actually, you can video us. You are allowed to video a policeman. But it’s not right for just anybody to come from anywhere and start videoing officers on duty. They have taken it too far,” he stated.
The officer, who revealed that he is from Edo State and was raised in a police barracks in Kaduna, described himself as a committed officer who has dedicated years to serving the country.
“Anywhere people ask about me, people will testify to my character. I have worked in the Mobile Police for 12 years. I have worked for my fatherland with all my heart,” he said.
As part of his emotional appeal, Isokpehi displayed several gunshot wounds on his body, saying they were sustained during active operations.
“Look at my body, these are all bullets. These are all gunshot wounds. See my chest, the bullet has eaten into it. Out of 17 of us, only two survived that operation,” he said.
“We have suffered in this work. So it was out of annoyance. We don’t even like complaining,” he added.
The policeman also attempted to walk back his earlier threat, insisting he had no intention of harming civilians.
“How can I be saying I will kill my own people? We don’t do that. I spoke out of annoyance. That one was just verbal talk,” he said.
Directly appealing to Gwamnishu and Nigerians, Isokpehi admitted that the backlash had escalated beyond what he expected.
“Harrison, forgive me. I beg the whole of Nigeria, please forgive me. This one has reached too far. If you want to know me, come and meet me one-on-one. You will know me personally. I will not run. I will not surrender,” he said.
He concluded by expressing hope that conditions for police officers would improve under the current Inspector General of Police.
“We have decided that we will die for our fatherland. One day, things will surely get better by the grace of God. One love to the world,” he added.
The apology comes barely 24 hours after a video of the officer threatening to “clear everybody down,” including bystanders near anyone filming him, circulated widely on X and Instagram, triggering criticism and calls for disciplinary action.
As of the time of filing this report, the Nigeria Police Force had yet to issue an official statement on the matter.
Metro
Troops nab 12 suspected kidnappers in raids on Edo forests
Troops of the Nigerian Army have arrested 12 suspected kidnappers during clearance operations code-named Operation KO SALO in forests areas of Owan East and Esan South-East Local Government Areas of Edo State.
Kennedy Anyanwu, Assistant Director Army Public Relations who announced this in a statement on Tuesday said the operation was carried out by troops of 4 Brigade, under 2 Division Nigerian Army, in conjunction with the other security agencies and the Edo State Security Corps.
According to the statement, the troops cleared Ugbovbighan Village, Olelo Forest, Egoro Amede Village, and conducted cordon-and-search operations at the Rugan Fulani settlement during which three suspected criminals identified as Ishaya Obadis, aged 20, Markus Ballu, aged 35, and Godknows Owonoji, aged 30, were arrested.
Anyanwu listed items recovered from the suspects who he described as collaborators and logistics suppliers to kidnappers to include two motorcycles and two mobile phones.
He added that the suspects were handed over to the Ekpoma Police Division for further action.
The Army spokesperson said that troops also cleared Ekeke Forest, Ishiolili Village, and Camp Sule Rugan Fulani, all in Owan East Local Government Area of Edo State during which two suspects identified as Bala Mahmood, aged 70, and Ibrahim Abdullahi, aged 25, were arrested.
“Items recovered from them included dangerous weapons and one small Tecno mobile phone. The suspects and recovered items were also handed over to the Ekpoma Police Division for further investigation and prosecution,” Anyanwu said.
He added that at Uwarlor-Oke Forest in Esan North-East Local Government Area, as well as the Udo Government Reserve Forest in Esan South-East Local Government, the troops arrested seven suspected kidnappers namely; Isah Shehu, aged 25, Hamadu Safiyanu, aged 22, Tijani Shehu, aged 24, Yahaya Babangida, aged 25, Usman Hamza, aged 26, Abduladi Saleh, aged 23, and Gadafi Tukur, aged 27.
Anyawu listed items recovered from the suspects to include one motorcycle and two Itel mobile phones. The suspects and recovered items were handed over to the Amendokhian Police Division for further action.
He further revealed that the troops in conjunction with Nigerian Police Force and local vigilantes conducted operations at Emu Forest in Emu, Esan Southeast Local Government Area, Edo State during which they extensively searched Otobo Camp and Nnamdo Camp and recovered one locally made long barrel gun and one motorcycle.
“Recovered items were deposited at Ubiaja Police Division for further action. Troops continue with the ongoing operation aimed at ridding the state of criminal elements,” said Anyawu.
He added that Commander, 4 Brigade Nigerian Army, Brigadier General Ahmed Balogun, commended the troops for their professionalism and charged them to sustain the operational tempo towards dismantling all kidnappers’ hideouts across Edo State.
“He also reassured members of the public of the Brigade’s unwavering commitment to sustaining offensive operations aimed at eradicating kidnapping and protecting lives and property. The Commander urged residents to continue providing timely and credible information to security agencies to support ongoing operations.
“He further appreciated the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 2 Division, Major General Chinedu Nnebeife for his strategic guidance and support which he said has fostered operational excellence,” Anyawu
-
News5 hours agoPopular Rap Star Dies After Battling Cancer
-
News5 hours agoEx-Gov Abubakar, Halliru Jika emerge APC, ADC guber candidates in Bauchi
-
News5 hours ago2027: I’m not avoiding Atiku – Peter Obi
-
News5 hours ago“You can’t meet El-Rufai” – ICPC bars ADC
-
News4 hours ago2027: Saraki Unveils Kawu as Kwara PDP’s guber Consensus Candidate
-
Sports3 hours agoEPL: Fernandes Announced Premier League Player of the Season
-
News5 hours agoEdo South primaries: APC Leadership presents, Senatorial Candidate Hon. Ogbeide-Ihama to Oba of Benin who prayed for him while sueing for peace(Photos)
-
News4 hours agoTCN gives update on blackout in Aso Rock, Nnamdi Azikiwe Int’l Airport, other parts of Abuja
