Connect with us

Metro

Police declare socialite wanted for murder, cyber-stalking

Published

on

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

The Nigeria Police Force, on Sunday, declared a Lagos socialite and blogger, Dorcas Adeyinka, wanted for alleged cyber-stalking, abduction and murder, among others.

The police urged members of the public to “arrest and hand over the suspect to the nearest police station or the office of the IGP Monitoring Unit, Force Headquarters, Abuja.”

The police further described Adeyinka as a married female Yoruba blogger from Ekiti State and Ibadan, Oyo State capital.

She is said to be approximately 1.64m tall with an oval face, tribal marks, pointed nose, wide mouth, full and white dentition, and light-skinned with black eyes.

Advertisement

The police added that she lives in the United Kingdom, and frequently visits Ikeja, Ogudu and Fagba in Lagos State, as well as Otta and Sango in Ogun State.

Meanwhile, PUNCH Online had earlier reported that a Chief Magistrate Court in Wuse Zone 6, Abuja, summoned two social media users for defaming Adeyinka by allegedly sharing her nude photo online.

In the court summons dated Thursday, May 9, 2024, which was obtained by our correspondent, Chief Magistrate Emmanuel Iyanna ordered the two defendants – Tolulope Adeoye aka Abike Jagaban, and Tolulope Odegbami aka Olowosibi – to appear in persons before the court on June 4, 2024, to answer the charges levelled against them by the complainant.

The summons followed a criminal complaint filed by the complainant’s lawyers led by Pelumi Olajengbesi of an Abuja-based law firm, Law Corridor.

Advertisement

The socialite accused the defendants of sharing her nude photo on social media and ridiculing her.

The application partly read, “On March 5, 2022, Abike Jagaban shared the complainant’s nude pictures on YouTube, directing her followers to different online platforms where the complainant’s pictures were/are shared and ridiculed the complainant in the process.

“The video was captioned, ‘Abike Jagaban on Dorcas Adeyinka, aka TMS Blog.’ These actions have exposed the complainant to contempt, hatred and detestation as some people can be seen making disparaging remarks against the person of the complainant in the comment section of the above-referenced post. Abike Jagaban has also bullied the complainant in another video titled, ‘How Abike Jagaban bullied Dorcas Adeyinka,” among others.”

The complainant told the court that the alleged actions of the defendants constituted criminal defamation and contravened Section 391 of the Penal Code.

Advertisement

Meanwhile, in suit number CR/93/2024 with motion number  MN/140/2024, Magistrate Iyanna ordered the complainant to serve the defendants with the criminal summons and all other subsequent processes of the court via their social media handles or pages @Tolulope Omolara Ghaba (Facebook) and @Princess Tolulope Ajike Olowosibi (Facebook).

The magistrate adjourned the matter till June 4, 2024, and ordered that the two defendants be present in court on the said date.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Warning: Undefined variable $user_ID in /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/themes/zox-news/comments.php on line 49

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Metro

Kidnapped Child Rescued as Delta Police Intensify Crackdown on Crime

Published

on

By

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

The Delta State Police Command says it has recorded fresh operational breakthroughs in its sustained crackdown on cultism, kidnapping, and violent crimes, with the rescue of a kidnapped three-year-old girl, the arrest of a suspected cultist, and the recovery of firearms in separate operations across the state.

The command disclosed that operatives attached to the Command Anti-Vice Squad (CAVS), Sector 2, Ughelli, rescued the abducted child and arrested a suspect identified as Kelvin Ogaga in connection with the crime.

Police said the arrest followed a complaint lodged on May 18, 2026, by the child’s father, who reported that his three-year-old daughter had allegedly been abducted by a commercial motorcyclist responsible for taking the child to school daily.

According to the police, the suspect allegedly exploited the family’s trust, kidnapped the child, and later demanded a ransom of ₦500,000 for her release.

Advertisement

The family was said to have paid the ransom after negotiations to secure the child’s freedom.

Acting on what authorities described as credible technical intelligence, operatives stormed the suspect’s hideout in Ughelli, leading to his arrest and the rescue of the child.

Recovered during the operation were ₦127,000, believed to be part of the ransom proceeds, valuables allegedly purchased with money linked to the crime, and the motorcycle reportedly used in carrying out the abduction.

Police authorities confirmed that the suspect remains in custody while investigations continue.

Advertisement

In another development, operatives of the Department of Operations’ Buffalo Team recovered a Beretta pistol during a stop-and-search operation along the Power Line axis near Bonsaac.

The police said officers on patrol observed a suspicious man carrying a black bag, who fled upon sighting security operatives.

Although the suspect escaped after a chase, he reportedly abandoned the bag, which was later searched by officers.

The search led to the recovery of a Beretta pistol and an iPhone, while efforts are ongoing to apprehend the fleeing suspect and determine the circumstances surrounding the recovery.

Advertisement

In a separate operation, operatives of the Ozoro Division arrested a suspect identified as Michael Monday during a township patrol along Omovutotu Street in Ozoro.

Police said the suspect attempted to flee after sighting officers, raising suspicion.

A search conducted on a black handbag in his possession allegedly led to the recovery of a locally made cut-to-size single-barrelled gun and one cartridge.

Preliminary investigations, according to the police, suggest that the suspect may be linked to the Supreme Vikings Confraternity, popularly known as “Aro Bagger.”

Advertisement

The suspect remains in custody as investigations continue.

Reacting to the operational successes, the Commissioner of Police, Delta State Command, Yemi Oyeniyi, commended officers for their swift response and professionalism.

He reiterated the command’s commitment to tackling crime and protecting residents, while stressing the importance of stop-and-search operations as part of proactive policing measures that continue to yield results.

The commissioner also urged residents to support security agencies by promptly reporting suspicious persons, movements, and activities within their communities.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Metro

Tragedy in Ogwashi-Uku: Delta Police Deny Shooting, Say Two Died in Abandoned Well

Published

on

By

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

The Delta State Police Command has dismissed reports suggesting that officers shot two persons during a patrol operation in Ogwashi-Uku, clarifying that a personnel of the Nigeria Forest Security Service and a civilian died in what it described as a tragic accident during a joint security operation.

The command said the incident occurred on Wednesday, May 14, 2026, along the Delta State Polytechnic, Ogwashi-Uku Road near Mega Chis, during a routine patrol involving police operatives and personnel of the Nigeria Forest Security Service.

According to a statement issued by the Police Public Relations Officer, SP Bright Edafe, members of the joint patrol team spotted two men behaving suspiciously and attempted to stop them.

The men, later identified as Adama Augustine and another individual, reportedly fled on sighting the security team, prompting officers attached to the patrol, including forest security personnel, to pursue them.

Advertisement

Police said that during the chase, Adama allegedly jumped into an uncompleted building in a bid to evade arrest.

A forest security operative identified as Eze Ifeanyi, who continued the pursuit, reportedly fell alongside Adama into an abandoned open well located within the building premises.

“The two men drowned after falling into the abandoned well during the pursuit,” the police said.

The victims were said to have been rescued and rushed to Ogwashi General Hospital, where medical personnel confirmed them dead on arrival.

Advertisement

Their remains have since been deposited at the hospital morgue pending autopsy.

Reacting to the incident, the Delta State Police Command described the development as painful and tragic, extending condolences to the families of the deceased, particularly the relatives of the late forest security operative, Eze Ifeanyi, and Adama Augustine.

The command also moved to dispel rumours surrounding the circumstances of the deaths.

“We want to make it very clear: no shooting took place. Nobody was killed by the police,” the statement stressed.

Advertisement

Police authorities disclosed that an investigation had commenced to establish all surrounding circumstances of the incident.

The command reassured residents of Ogwashi-Uku and the wider Delta State community of its commitment to public safety while urging members of the public to remain calm and avoid spreading unverified information.

Authorities also appealed for continued cooperation from residents, particularly in sharing credible information that could support security efforts and help prevent similar incidents.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Metro

Pathetic: Driver running away from VIO officials kills pregnant woman with unborn twins

Published

on

By

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

A heavily pregnant woman identified as Ruth Nen Maurice has reportedly lost her life in a tragic road accident allegedly caused by a reckless driver attempting to evade officials of the Vehicle Inspection Office (VIO) in Jos.

The fatal incident occurred on Tuesday, May 19, 2026, in the city centre and has sparked grief and outrage among residents.

According to eyewitness accounts, the driver allegedly made a dangerous attempt to escape from VIO operatives before losing control and knocking down the woman, who was reportedly standing by the roadside waiting to board a vehicle to the hospital for an antenatal appointment.

A close friend of the deceased, Ewan Boss Julz Odumu, confirmed the incident in a Facebook post on Wednesday.

Advertisement

He disclosed that Ruth was heavily pregnant with twins and was close to delivery before the tragic accident occurred.

“A mother who was preparing to welcome twins back home never made it alive. Her unborn babies never got the chance to cry, breathe, or see this world because of somebody’s reckless decision,” he wrote.

The heartbreaking incident has triggered emotional reactions online, with many Nigerians calling for stricter traffic enforcement procedures and accountability in the conduct of road operations.

Confirming the development, spokesperson of the Plateau State Police Command, DSP Alfred Alabo, said the driver involved in the accident had been arrested.

Advertisement

He added that investigations into the incident had commenced and that the suspect would be charged to court upon conclusion of the investigation.

The incident has further renewed concerns over reckless driving and the dangers often associated with attempts by motorists to evade law enforcement and traffic officials.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2024 Naija Blitz News