News
Finally, Police Deploys 10,000 Constables, Plans 30,000 Annual Recruitment
- /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 27
https://naijablitznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2025/01/Screenshot_20250124-124041.jpg&description=Finally, Police Deploys 10,000 Constables, Plans 30,000 Annual Recruitment', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
- Share
- Tweet /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 72
https://naijablitznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2025/01/Screenshot_20250124-124041.jpg&description=Finally, Police Deploys 10,000 Constables, Plans 30,000 Annual Recruitment', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
By Kayode Sanni-Arewa
The 10,000 police constables recruited last year by the Nigeria Police Force passed out of various police colleges, on Thursday, after a six months training.
The inspector general of police, Kayode Egbetokun, disclosed that the new policemen had been posted to their states of origin for community policing.
He added that the Force was targeting 30,000 annual recruitment in line with President Bola Tinubu’s approval.
At the Passing Out Parade at the Police Training School, Bauchi, on Thursday, Egbetokun, said the new personnel would boost the Nigeria police capacity, saying that they had been deployed to their states of origin for community policing.
The IG, who was represented by the Commissioner of Police, Bauchi State Police Command, Auwal Muhammad, tasked the 10,000 new constables to adhere to professionalism, fairness and friendliness in the discharge of their duties.
The IG explained that the passing out exercise was taking place at 04 premier colleges and 12 Police Training Schools nationwide.
He said, “The exercise marks the culmination of a six-month rigorous training programme that has pushed the recruits to their physical and intellectual limits.
“Today’s Passing-Out Parade signifies a pivotal transition for these individuals, as they formally assume their roles as professional police officers, leaving their civilian status behind and embarking on a career of service and duty.”
Egbetokun maintained that in the course of their training, the constables had been instilled with the necessary orientation to effectively address the complex security challenges facing the country while adhering to the principles of the law.
The IG said, “Our comprehensive and research-based curriculum has equipped them with fundamental policing ethics, norms, and practices, as well as modern law enforcement principles.
“We have high expectations for this graduating class of constables, and we are confident that they will uphold the values imparted to them during their training, thereby contributing to the enhancement of law enforcement in our country.
“The President’s approval for the annual recruitment of 30,000 police constables over the next few years is expected to strengthen our internal security, enhance police performance, and promote optimal police service delivery nationwide,” Egbetokun added.
He emphasised his commitment to driving the President’s Renewed Hope Agenda towards transforming the Nigeria Police Force into a reformed, well-positioned, and capable institution that effectively fulfils its internal security mandate.
He disclosed that a significant majority of the newly graduated police constables had been posted in their states of origin under community policing.
He noted that the strategic deployment aimed to augment ongoing law enforcement efforts and reinforce the fight against crime at the grassroots level.
“I am confident that these new officers will demonstrate exceptional professionalism, integrity, and dedication to service, thereby upholding the honour and prestige of the Police Force.
“Your role demands empathy and compassion towards the civilian population, particularly the vulnerable while maintaining firmness and fairness in all interactions.
“Strive to be perceived as a friend and partner to the public, inspiring hope and confidence in the security apparatus.
“Remember that the uniform you wear and the office you hold is a symbol of trust and responsibility, never to be exploited for intimidation, harassment, or perversion of justice.
“Abhor all forms of lawlessness, human rights abuse, and unprofessional conduct. Instead, utilize your authority to protect citizens, enforce laws, and apprehend criminals.”
News
Rivers traditional ruler narrowly escapes assassin’s bullets as hoodlums shoot at his palace
The Amadabo of Finima in Bonny local government area of Rivers State, HRH Aseme Alabo Dagogo Lambert Brown in the early hours of today, August 22, 2026 narroy escaped an assassination attempt on his life.
However, the Amadabo was not at home when the blood thirsty hoodlums fired sporadically at the building housing the living rooms of the monarch and other households.
Unfortunately, some members were seriously injured and rushed to hospitals for emergency medical attention.
Condemning the heinous crime, Aseme Alabo Dagogo Lambert Brown stated that they had received intelligence reports of importation of hoodlums into the community.
He blamed the Bonny Traditional Authorities of sponsoring a faction of Tobin House to cause mayhem.
He called on law enforcement agencies to urgently investigate the matter and bring perpetrators.
Transcript of the attached voice.
“It is very painful and regretful of what I see today in Finima.
We have envisaged this. We live in the community, we have the intelligence, information is coming here and there, and we communicated same intelligence to the security agencies that we are having mercenaries imported into Finima for the sake of a strange event that wants to happen.
Must all of us die because one faction of the Tobin house in Finima, being sponsored by the Bonny Traditional Authorities, wants to perform things that are strange in Finima?
God will never allow that to happen. God will never allow—we saw it. All this happening is to intimidate me and my people for saying this is not how we are living as a people. We live as one people. All the cultural institutions are in full participation by the chieftaincy houses in Finima. There’s no separation.
Why? Because we want to avoid any rivalry group or things that will cause disunity in Finima. That is how our upgrowing—that’s how we’ve grown up in Finima.
And these are one of the outcomes, very regretful. I want to appeal to the law enforcement agencies today that people behind this heinous act are culprits—people, culprits to this heinous act—are arrested and prosecuted.
News
Photos: 15 years after, Apo-Karshi Road for inauguration in December – Wike
Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mr Nyesom Wike, says the long-delayed Apo-Karshi road will finally be completed and handed over by November, putting an end to a 15-year wait for residents in the axis.
Wike gave the assurance in Abuja on Saturday, after inspecting the progress of the project as well as the 14-kilometre Bwari Kubwa Road.
He explained that the 13.5-kilometer road, originally awarded in 2011 under previous administrations, has been a major point of frustration for motorists experiencing daily traffic congestion between satellite communities and the Abuja city center.
He explained that the current administration was forced to revoke the original contract due to persistent delays and re-award it to construction firm SCC Nigeria Ltd.
“The Apo-Karshi road has been a topical issue. It was awarded in 2010, one of those projects President Bola Tinubu inherited.
“Because of its importance and the complaints by residents, we had to terminate the contract and award it to SCC, which we know has the capacity to complete the job.
“Residents who have been crying for years can now see that this government has come to their aid,” he said.
The minister praised the contractor for maintaining progress on-site regardless of funding cycles, reaffirming the government’s commitment to honoring its financial obligations.
The minister also inspected the ongoing construction of the 14-kilometre Bwari-Kubwa road, stressing that the contractor had promised to deliver the critical road in December.
He emphasised that the tangible delivery of infrastructure projects serves as the strongest argument for the administration’s governance model, downplaying traditional political campaigning in favor of visible results.
“When people ask me about campaigns, I say, ‘What is campaign? See the campaign. Campaign is about what you have done for the people and what the government has to show.
“It is not about promises; it is about taking action that positively impacts lives,” he said.
With multiple road networks approaching completion across the FCT, the minister expressed confidence that the administration would surpass its initial 10 projects target for inauguration between December and January 2027.
News
BREAKING: 38 year former world champion boxer, Zolani Tete shot dead in South Africa
Ex-world champion boxer Zolani Tete has been shot dead outside his home in South Africa at the age of 38.
This ugly development happened in Mdantsane, Eastern Cape, as Zolani Tete arrived at his residence and waited for the gate to open.
According to the police, two armed men wearing balaclavas stepped out of a vehicle and opened fire on the boxer.
A 27-year-old woman who was travelling with Tete was also shot several times and taken to hospital for treatment.
South Africa’s Minister of Sports, Arts and Culture, Gayton McKenzie, confirmed Tete’s death on Friday.
McKenzie expressed caution over speculation about the motive behind the attack, saying “I will not speculate about who did this or why.”
Police have launched an investigation, but no motive has been established and no details about possible suspects have been released.
Zolani Tete , who was nicknamed “Last Born”, became widely known in boxing for his remarkable 11-second knockout of fellow South African Siboniso Gonya in Belfast in November 2017.
The knockout remains one of the fastest stoppages in a world title fight.
Tete achieved it while defending his WBO bantamweight title, which he had won earlier that year and held until 2019.
The southpaw boxer had previously captured the IBF junior-bantamweight title in 2014 after defeating Japan’s Teiru Kinoshita in Kobe.
Earlier in his career, Tete had also held the minor WBF flyweight title.
Zolani Tete’s death came only weeks after he completed a four-year ban from boxing following a positive test for the banned anabolic steroid stanozolol after his 2022 bout against Jason Cunningham.
His suspension ended on July 29, and he had been preparing to make a return to professional boxing before his death.
-
News18 hours agoNorthern Senators Demand Immediate State Police After Adamawa, Sokoto Terror Attacks
-
Opinion17 hours agoRep OK Chinda and the Parliamentary Gamble: The Politician Seeking to Rewrite Nigeria’s Political Operating System
-
News12 hours agoBREAKING: APC Chairman Reportedly Collapses, Dies
-
Economy18 hours agoNigerian Stock Market Crashes For 8th Straight Session As Investors Lose Whopping N5.45tn
-
News12 hours agoSurvivors narrate how gunmen moved from house to house, k!lling people asleep in Plateau
-
Entertainment18 hours agoNollywood Actors And Actresses Hold Special Prayer Session For Taiwo Hassan
-
News11 hours agoSEE List of Nigeria’s latest fake agency, 20 state coordinators, reps in China as TInubu orders arrest (Photos)
-
News11 hours agoSnake gets world-first cancer treatment normally used in humans

Warning: Undefined variable $user_ID in /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/themes/zox-news/comments.php on line 49
You must be logged in to post a comment Login