News
‘We Are Winning And Iran Is Being Decimated’, Says Netanyahu
- /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 27
https://naijablitznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2025/01/Benjamin-Netanyahu-2048x1366-1.jpeg&description=‘We Are Winning And Iran Is Being Decimated’, Says Netanyahu', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
- Share
- Tweet /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 72
https://naijablitznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2025/01/Benjamin-Netanyahu-2048x1366-1.jpeg&description=‘We Are Winning And Iran Is Being Decimated’, Says Netanyahu', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Thursday that Israel and the United States were “winning” the war against Iran, with the Islamic republic “decimated” and unable to enrich uranium or manufacture ballistic missiles.
In an English‑language press conference, Netanyahu insisted Israel had “acted alone” in striking Iran’s massive South Pars gas field, while confirming that US President Donald Trump had asked Israeli forces to “hold off” on such attacks moving forward.
The Israeli premier also rejected the notion that he had dragged Trump into the conflict, implying that he was the junior partner in the joint assault on Iran.
“Does anyone really think that someone can tell President Trump what to do?” Netanyahu told reporters.
“He didn’t need any convincing,” he added.
“I don’t think any two leaders have been as coordinated as President Trump and I. He’s the leader. I’m, you know, his ally.”
The veteran Israeli politician sought to paint a broad portrait of success for the nearly three‑week conflict that has engulfed the Middle East.
“We are taking action to destroy the industries that make it possible to build missiles. Iran no longer has the capacity to enrich uranium and manufacture ballistic missiles,” Netanyahu said.
“We are winning and Iran is being decimated.”
The offensive is also forging cracks among the surviving leaders of the Islamic republic, divisions Israel is working to deepen, Netanyahu said.
“I’m not sure who’s running Iran right now. Mojtaba, the replacement ayatollah, has not shown his face,” he said, referring to Iran’s newly appointed supreme leader, the son of Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who was killed in an Israeli airstrike on the first day of the war.
“What we see is that there is a lot of tension inside the people who are edging for the top,” Netanyahu further said.
“We’re seeing cracks, and we’re trying to propagate them as fast as we can. Not only in the top command — we’re seeing cracks in the field.”
‘Hold off’
The strike on the Iranian gas field has shaken already jittery world energy markets, and Trump on Thursday indicated displeasure with the attack.
“We’re not doing that anymore,” the president said in the Oval Office.
Netanyahu made clear the message had been received.
“President Trump asked us to hold off on future attacks and we’re holding off.”
Netanyahu also called Iran’s closure of the Strait of Hormuz, which has sent energy prices soaring, “blackmail” that “won’t work.”
The Israeli premier further indicated his campaign against Iran would continue, saying: “There’s still more work to do, and we’re gonna do it.”
But he added: “I also see this war ending a lot faster than people think.”
AFP
News
WATCH moment Akwa Ibom North West constituents resolve to back Tinubu in 2027
Watch video depicting moment Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial District townhall/stakeholders meeting convened by the President of the Senate, Senator Godswill Akpabio in Ikot Ekpene, the people renewed their resolve to stand on the mandate of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Watch below:
News
Popular gospel singer, Asu Ekiye finally opens up on his failed 28-year-old marriage
Popular Nigerian gospel singer Asu Ekiye has finally opened up on how his estranged wife, Kunemofa Asu, initiated the divorce proceedings that led to the dissolution of their 28-year marriage.
Ekiye, popularly known as the “Prince of the Niger Delta”, made the clarification in a statement shared on social media.
The clarification followed reactions to his earlier announcement on Thursday that his marriage to Kunemofa, which began in 1998, had ended.
The announcement sparked widespread reactions from fans of the award-winning singer, especially netizens, with many expressing shock at why a marriage of that length could have been salvaged.
However, following public curiosity, the singer, in a new post, clarified that his wife initiated the split and filed for divorce without a prior quarrel, and that reconciliation efforts failed.
Ekiye said his wife had expressed her desire to end the marriage, moved out of their home, and subsequently instituted divorce proceedings.
“The decision regarding the dissolution of my marriage was not one I initiated.
“Having done all I could to seek reconciliation, I eventually came to the difficult decision to accept the reality of the situation,” he said.
The singer said he spent about a year making efforts to reconcile with his wife and preserve the marriage, but she remained firm in her decision.
Ekiye said he decided to clarify the circumstances surrounding the divorce after receiving numerous calls and messages following his announcement about the end of the marriage.
He said he bore no bitterness or ill will towards his former wife and had chosen to approach the new phase of his life with dignity and respect for all concerned.
“I bear no bitterness or ill will toward anyone,” he said.
News
Navy hands nine suspected stowaways to Immigration Service
The Nigerian Navy (NN) has handed over nine suspected stowaways to the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) after rescuing them from a merchant vessel in Lagos.
The Nigerian Navy Ship (NNS) Beecroft effected the handover on Friday following the discovery of the suspects concealed in the propeller compartment of MT *Evgenia* two days earlier.
According to a statement by the Commander of NNS Beecroft, Commodore Aiwuyor Adams-Aliu, the suspects were found on Wednesday, August 19, and evacuated to the naval base for preliminary investigation and profiling.
He said investigations revealed that the suspects boarded the vessel while it was berthed at the Flour Mills Jetty in Apapa, allegedly intending to travel illegally to Europe.
The suspects were identified as Thompson Vincent, 23; Emmanuel Philip, 24; Tobi Olalekan, 32; Omotayo Adebowale, 43; Abdullahi Idowu, 21; Tunde Mustapha, 19; Jamiu Ismaila, 25; Ibrahim Alabi, 30; and Christian Kadiri, 22.
Adams-Aliu said the handover was part of ongoing collaboration among security agencies to curb illegal migration and strengthen maritime security.
He urged parents, guardians and other authority figures to discourage young people from attempting to board seagoing vessels illegally, noting that the dangers associated with the practice extended beyond Nigeria to other West African coastal states.
He added that NNS Beecroft would continue to support the Chief of the Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Idi Abbas, in deploying a professional naval force to safeguard Nigeria’s maritime interests and support national security operations.
-
News22 hours agoBREAKING: APC Chairman Reportedly Collapses, Dies
-
News21 hours agoSnake gets world-first cancer treatment normally used in humans
-
News21 hours agoSEE List of Nigeria’s latest fake agency, 20 state coordinators, reps in China as TInubu orders arrest (Photos)
-
News22 hours agoSurvivors narrate how gunmen moved from house to house, k!lling people asleep in Plateau
-
News22 hours agoTinubu unveils council, names Abiodun Director of Fundraising for APC 2027 Campaign
-
News20 hours agoWATCH: This is Apo – Karshi road awarded in 2011 at verge of completion
-
News20 hours agoFCT Minister, Wike, inspecting ongoing construction of Apo – Karchi road today(Video)
-
Metro5 hours agoFear engulfs ISWAP leadership as military neutralize senior commander
