Connect with us

News

Wike Stops Use Of FCT Green Areas As Car Dealership Lots, Others

Published

on

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has directed the immediate stoppage of the use of green areas as well as parks and gardens in the capital city as car dealership Lots.

The Minister, who decried the use of areas designated for parks and recreation like the Millennium Park and others as car lots, directed that all unauthorized use of such areas will be closely monitored to ensure compliance.

This is part of the efforts of the FCT Administration to manage flooding being experienced in some parts of the Federal Capital City.

Consequently, a Task Force has been set up to enforce this directive.

Advertisement

Also, the Minister has directed the investigation of some civil servants responsible for granting illegal approvals authorising the use green areas as car dealership lots.

The affected civil servants, particularly the Directors of Parks and Recreation, Environmental Protection, Traffic Management and Urban Affairs have been summoned by the FCT Head of Service, Nancy Sabanti Nathan.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

News

Watch Abuja residents hailing Wike as they chant 4+4

Published

on

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

Happy residents chanting 4+4 during the FCT Minister, Nyesom Wike’s inspection of the ongoing construction of the road linking Bill Clinton Drive (Airport Road) with Tungan Madaki and other communities with Zuba today.

Watch:

Continue Reading

News

Painful! 24 Plateau Attack Victims Receive Mass Burial as Women Protest Killings

Published

on

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

Women from Bin-Per community in Ruff, Kombun District of Mangu Local Government Area of Plateau State, staged a peaceful protest on Tuesday as 24 residents killed by gunmen were given a mass burial.

The women marched through the community carrying leaves and mourning the loss of their loved ones while calling on the government to urgently strengthen security and protect residents from further attacks.

The protest came hours after armed men reportedly invaded homes in the community during the night, killing and injuring residents.

One of the protesters, Mrs Ladi Joshua, said the women were devastated by the loss of their husbands, children, relatives and other members of the community.

Advertisement

Holding leaves above their heads, the protesters expressed grief over the killings and demanded an end to the recurring attacks on Bin-Per and other communities across Plateau State.

Speaking during the burial service, President of the Mwaghavul Youth Movement, Kyesmang Jonathan, confirmed that 24 victims had been buried following the attack.

Jonathan said some residents who sustained injuries were still receiving treatment in various hospitals, while many others were displaced and struggling to cope with the aftermath of the violence.
He described the killings as a painful loss to the community and condemned the continued attacks on innocent residents.

The youth leader called on the government and security agencies to take urgent steps to protect vulnerable communities and prevent further loss of lives.

Advertisement

He also commiserated with the families of the deceased, sympathised with those injured and displaced, and urged security agencies to identify, arrest and prosecute those responsible for the attack.

The latest incident has renewed concerns over the security situation in parts of Plateau State, where communities have continued to experience deadly attacks and displacement.

Continue Reading

News

Davido vows not to apologize posting Okpebolo’s ‘fine’ WAEC results

Published

on

By

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

Afrobeats singer David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, has explained why he would not apologise to Edo Governor, Monday Okpebholo, over his social media post displaying the governor’s alleged West African Examinations Council result.

According to him, he did nothing wrong by sharing the result, insisting that he was only informing Edo residents about what he described as their governor’s academic record.

The singer stated this in an exclusive interview with News Central on Tuesday in Osun.

He said, “I’m not going to apologise. I didn’t do anything wrong. I was just telling people of the state the results their governor has.”

Advertisement

The controversy followed comments by Okpebholo during political activities ahead of the August 15 Osun State governorship election, in which he criticised Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke.

Okpebholo had mocked Adeleke over his dancing, questioning his leadership style while campaigning for the All Progressives Congress governorship candidate, Bola Oyebamiji, popularly known as AMBO.

He said, “Before somebody signs paper, he will dance. Are you not tired? For four years, this man has been dancing. Before he takes breakfast, before he drinks tea, he will dance.”

In response, Davido, who is Adeleke’s nephew and had actively campaigned for his uncle, shared what appeared to be Okpebholo’s WAEC result on his Instagram Story on Friday.

Advertisement

The post, which had no caption, generated reactions on social media, with a commentator, Tugbiyele, describing the publication as inappropriate and disrespectful and calling on Davido to apologise.

However, reacting to the call, Davido defended his action and criticised Okpebholo for travelling to Osun to comment on his uncle.

He said, “Yes, and you came, you left your state, you came to another state. You came in and then started talking that my uncle is a dancer; he is not serious.

“The road to your Government House is not done. My uncle is not serious. First of all, you were not even elected; you were selected.”

Advertisement

Davido further questioned Okpebholo’s understanding of electoral victory, saying, “You don’t know what it means to win an election. That’s why you could go there and talk.”

The singer also criticised the governor over his comments about Adeleke and said he sympathised with Okpebholo’s children.

He said, “I feel so bad for his kids. Because you see what my dad is doing. Do you understand? Yeah, you’re abusing a sitting governor in his own state.”

Davido also mocked Okpebholo over his alleged stay in a hotel, saying, “A whole governor staying in a hotel, walking around like…”

Advertisement

He warned the Edo governor that Adeleke would respond politically when the time came.

He said, “In fact, finish your three years, we’ll visit you when it’s time for you to get re-elected.”

Tugbiyele, in a video originally posted on Facebook, had appealed to Davido to apologise to Okpebholo, arguing that the singer should not have personally responded to the governor’s comments about Adeleke.

He said, “I watched a video when Governor Okpebholo called the governor of my state, Adeleke, the dancing governor. And the governor’s relation, David Adeleke, replied by publishing the WAEC Secondary School leaving result of Governor Okpebholo, the governor of Edo State.”

Advertisement

Tugbiyele said that although the alleged result might not have been impressive, it should not have been used to ridicule the governor.

He said, “The result is not good enough, but it’s possible. The governor did a resit. We are not aware of that, but I think Davido, David Adeleke’s publication is inappropriate.”

He argued that Adeleke could have responded to his Edo counterpart through official channels rather than allowing Davido to engage in the exchange.

Tugbiyele concluded with a direct appeal to Davido, saying, “Davido, David Adeleke, please, as a proper Yoruba, please apologise to Governor Okpebholo. God bless you, David. God bless Nigeria.”

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2024 Naija Blitz News