News
SEE List of Nigeria’s latest fake agency, 20 state coordinators, reps in China as TInubu orders arrest (Photos)
- /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 27
https://naijablitznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/08/Screenshot_20260822-110424-678x373-1.jpg&description=SEE List of Nigeria’s latest fake agency, 20 state coordinators, reps in China as TInubu orders arrest (Photos)', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
- Share
- Tweet /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 72
https://naijablitznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/08/Screenshot_20260822-110424-678x373-1.jpg&description=SEE List of Nigeria’s latest fake agency, 20 state coordinators, reps in China as TInubu orders arrest (Photos)', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
The alleged fake National Brands Development and Made in Nigeria Special Project Office had a structure covering several states and two foreign countries, with an acclaimed national coordinator, zonal directors, state coordinators and representatives in China and the United States.
The office’s website listed Hon. Nwabueze George as its “Executive Director, National Coordinator,” alongside a director of national administration, three zonal directors, 20 state coordinators and representatives for the United States and China.
Recall that the Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, Musa Aliyu, disclosed on Friday that President Bola Tinubu had ordered the immediate arrest of George Nwabueze, identified by the commission as “the promoter” of the alleged fake office.
Tinubu also ordered the immediate suspension of three permanent secretaries — M.S. Danjuma, Nadungu Gagare and Richard P. Pheelangwah — following the discovery of the office, which the ICPC said it had been allocated space within the premises of the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation without presidential authorisation.
The ICPC said the promoter was also found to have operated under several variations of his name, including George Nathan Nwabueze, George Nwabueze, George Buchi Nwabueze, Prince George Buchi Nwabueze and George Nwabueze.
Nwabueze and Zonal officers
The website listed Nwabueze as the “Executive Director, National Coordinator.”
It also listed Dr Bassey B. Unaowo as “Special Assistant to the Permanent Secretary on Political and Economic Affairs, OSGF”; Dr Hajara Njidda Amoni as Director, National Administration; Mr Oladunjoye Musiliua as Zonal Director, South-West; Hafsat Sahabi Dange as Zonal Director, North; and Mrs Ugochi Akudo Nwosu as Zonal Director, South-East.
The website also claimed that the project operated under the OSGF. Its framework page described the project as being overseen by the Permanent Secretary, Political and Economic Affairs, in the OSGF.
However, this claimed government connection is significant in light of the ICPC’s finding that the office was operating without presidential authorisation.
20 state coordinators
The website listed the following as state coordinators:
Katsina: Dr Babangida Kabir Ruma
Kaduna: Hon. Abdulhaleem Ishaq Ringim
Delta: Hon. Dr Godwin Adolor
Kebbi: Hussaini Abdullahi, Esq., FSI
Osun: Hon. Olugbemi Adetola Adelowokan
Anambra: Hon. Chiamaka Nnake
Nasarawa: Hon. Osolafia Muhammed, PhD
Plateau: Mrs Salome Audu Bidda
Benue: Hon. Orduen Andrew Ikon
Ondo: Amb. Orioye G. Benedict
Ogun: Hon. Engr. Kehinde Akintonide, FNSE
Sokoto: Hon. Ibrahim Umar Aliyu
Abia: Hon. Mrs Nwosu Chinyere R.
Zamfara: Hon. Ibrahim Bello Marafa
Niger: Haj. Zainab Mohammed
Kano: Hon. Abubakar Ahmad Bichi (Khalifa)
Taraba: Hon. Justin Aondoaseer Tyopuusu
Oyo: Alhaji Bello Kolawole Ghaffar, FCA
Bauchi: Hon. Farouq Siyi
Kogi: Hon. Olorukooba Bidemi
It was also discovered that some of those listed had previously held public positions or had links to established political, governmental or community structures in their respective states.
In Taraba, Tyopuusu has been identified in recent reports as a Special Assistant to Governor Agbu Kefas on Digital Economy, while serving as the state coordinator of the Made in Nigeria Special Project.
Their inclusion on the website does not, by itself, establish that they were aware that the organisation had allegedly lacked government authorisation.
Efforts made so far to reach the management of the acclaimed agency is abortive as of the time of filing the report as all three phone numbers on its website are switched off. Message sent to the acclaimed national cordinator by our correspondent has not been replied.
Reps in US, China
The website also listed Hon. Emmanuel Enemali Achema as “Country Rep./Coordinator, U.S.A.” and Hon. Ameh Enedugbojo Glory as “Country Rep./Coordinator, China.”
The claimed international structure was presented alongside the state and zonal network as part of the organisation’s purported nationwide and international operations.
The office’s website described its activities as including trade exhibitions, economic forums, promotion of Nigerian products and support for small and medium-sized enterprises, claim ICPC disputed.
The development is the latest in an investigation into purported fictitious government bodies.
The ICPC had previously identified the Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council and two other alleged fictitious bodies, the FCT Investment Promotion Agency and the Foreign Investment Promotion Agency and Public-Private Partnership.
Punch
News
BREAKING: 38 year former world champion boxer, Zolani Tete shot dead in South Africa
Ex-world champion boxer Zolani Tete has been shot dead outside his home in South Africa at the age of 38.
This ugly development happened in Mdantsane, Eastern Cape, as Zolani Tete arrived at his residence and waited for the gate to open.
According to the police, two armed men wearing balaclavas stepped out of a vehicle and opened fire on the boxer.
A 27-year-old woman who was travelling with Tete was also shot several times and taken to hospital for treatment.
South Africa’s Minister of Sports, Arts and Culture, Gayton McKenzie, confirmed Tete’s death on Friday.
McKenzie expressed caution over speculation about the motive behind the attack, saying “I will not speculate about who did this or why.”
Police have launched an investigation, but no motive has been established and no details about possible suspects have been released.
Zolani Tete , who was nicknamed “Last Born”, became widely known in boxing for his remarkable 11-second knockout of fellow South African Siboniso Gonya in Belfast in November 2017.
The knockout remains one of the fastest stoppages in a world title fight.
Tete achieved it while defending his WBO bantamweight title, which he had won earlier that year and held until 2019.
The southpaw boxer had previously captured the IBF junior-bantamweight title in 2014 after defeating Japan’s Teiru Kinoshita in Kobe.
Earlier in his career, Tete had also held the minor WBF flyweight title.
Zolani Tete’s death came only weeks after he completed a four-year ban from boxing following a positive test for the banned anabolic steroid stanozolol after his 2022 bout against Jason Cunningham.
His suspension ended on July 29, and he had been preparing to make a return to professional boxing before his death.
News
2027 Elections: US observers say insecurity, violence may pose threat to its success
A US-based election observation group – International Republican Institute (IRI), has said that insecurity and political violence have been observed as major threats to the forthcoming 2027 general elections.
Speaking Friday in Abuja on what it tagged, ‘Media Advisory’, the group led by its President, Dr Daniel Twining alongside Former US Ambassador to South Africa, Jendayi Frazer and the Regional Director for Africa, IRI, Janai Cox, called on political leaders and parties to shun rhetoric that threatens opponents, incites violence or portrays electoral defeat as inherently illegitimate.
Worried that persistent insecurity and political violence, erode confidence in the electoral process and depresses voters’ participation, the group held that where voters, candidates and observers cannot participate without fear of violence or intimidation, technical improvements and legal safeguards have only limited effect.
“This challenge is unfolding within a political landscape that has transformed considerably since 2023”, the group said.
Acknowledging existence of electoral reforms, IRI is skeptical about the practicability of the new legal framework as public confidence remains one of the most consequential challenges facing the process.
Stressing that its mission in Nigeria is to provide an independent and impartial assessment of the country’s electoral processes, offering key findings and recommendations that will help stakeholders strengthen electoral process ahead of the 2027 general elections, it said the country’s experience of 2023 has continued to shape perceptions of Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), particularly with respect to results, transmission and collation.
It held that in the 2027 outing, electoral credibility will depend not only on administrative capacity but also on the transparency of institutional authority.
Twining in his remarks, said that IRI’s interest is to support Nigerians in their ambition of peacefully exercising their democratic rights and their democratic voice in an election that is peaceful, inclusive, credible and seen as legitimate in the eyes of the public.”
He described the 2027 elections as critical, not only for the country but also for Africa considering that its political trajectory carries significance beyond its borders.
“The resilience of Nigeria’s institutions and the quality of electoral competition carry not only national but also regional and global implications.
“Our delegation approached this assessment with a straightforward objective to identify practical steps that can strengthen confidence in Nigeria’s electoral process well before voters go to the polls in 2027.
“Over the course of the mission, we met with more than 65 stakeholders, whom we thank for their cooperation and insights. Our findings also draw on IRI’s observation of the Ekiti and Osun off cycle gubernatorial elections, and the work of long-term analysts deployed in the advance of this delegation.”
Adding: “These findings are therefore not abstract prescriptions. They reflect concerns raised across the electoral landscape and lessons drawn from previous elections. At the heart of these recommendations is public confidence. Credibility is not produced by law, technology or institutions alone. It is built when Nigerians believe they can vote without fear, that their choice will be respected and that power cannot be used to override the will of the voter”, the institute said.
Ahead of the 2027 election, the group therefore urged INEC to run a robust stress test of its systems and mock elections to troubleshoot potential challenges with the BVAS and IREv; communicate operational decisions, procedural changes and contingency measures through consistent and authoritative channels and collaborate with security personnel to protect ballot secrecy on election day.
“INEC and security agencies should prioritize the security of election facilities, protect participants, materials, party agents and observer groups without restricting lawful access. Attention should be given to preventing intimidation and securing the movement of results at collation centers.”
The group also recommended that political parties should hold their party officials, agents and supporters accountable for vote buying and voter inducement while national and state leadership should communicate clear expectations throughout party structures and ensure they are enforced down to local and polling unit levels, including sanctions, fines and prosecution of civil and criminal offenses.
“Significant enforcement actions would help demonstrate that electoral offenses, especially violence are unacceptable at all levels. Political parties should train and supervise their party agents on lawful conduct, ballot secrecy and results verification. Political parties should take responsibility for the conduct of their agents and promptly address violations committed on election day.
“INEC should improve the accessibility of polling units for persons with disabilities and build on lessons learnt from the 2023 elections by updating the Internally Displaced Persons voting framework.
“Political parties and candidates should also refrain from producing or amplifying false information, manipulated electoral materials or Artificial Intelligence (AI) generated impersonations that could undermine confidence or inflame tensions”, it said.
News
Terrorists storm mosque, kidn*p worshippers in Borgu
The Police Command in Niger State has confirmed the abduction of worshipers at a Mosque in Dekara District in Borgu Local Government Area of the state.
The Command’s Spokesperson, SP Wasiu Abiodun, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Saturday that the incident happened at about 2 p.m. on Friday, August 21, when the victims were observing Jumaat prayer.
He said the exact number of those kidnapped was yet to be ascertained.
According to him, the terrorists first attacked Gidan-Zana and Kpenya villages before moving to the Mosque, where unspecified number of worshipers were kidnapped.
He said no life was lost, adding that joint security operatives had been deployed to the area for assessment and rescue operations.
Abiodun explained that “on 21/8/2026 at about 4 p.m., report received indicated that on same date at about 2 p.m., suspected terrorists invaded Gidan-Zana, Kpenya village via Dekara District Borgu, and Kpenya Mosque and abducted unspecified number of persons during prayers, while others escaped into the nearby forest.
“However, the developing report indicated that no life was lost, while joint security detachment had been deployed to the area for assessment and rescue operations.
“Further development will be made public”, he said.
-
News12 hours agoNorthern Senators Demand Immediate State Police After Adamawa, Sokoto Terror Attacks
-
News23 hours agoTroops Rescue Four Borno Civilians Held by Boko Haram, ISWAP for Three Years
-
News23 hours agoAkpabio hails Tinubu over establishment of University of Technology In Akwa Ibom
-
Opinion12 hours agoRep OK Chinda and the Parliamentary Gamble: The Politician Seeking to Rewrite Nigeria’s Political Operating System
-
News7 hours agoBREAKING: APC Chairman Reportedly Collapses, Dies
-
Politics22 hours agoAPC Explains Adamawa Guber Candidate’s Absence From Tinubu’s Campaign Unveiling
-
Entertainment12 hours agoNollywood Actors And Actresses Hold Special Prayer Session For Taiwo Hassan
-
Economy13 hours agoNigerian Stock Market Crashes For 8th Straight Session As Investors Lose Whopping N5.45tn
