Connect with us

Economy

SEE NAIRA Rates Against The USD, GBP, EURO Today, November 1, 2024

Published

on

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

WHEN we look at last month, USD was traded at ₦ at the beginning of last October on Tuesday, October 1, 2024. As at today with USD being traded at ₦1,750 we see a % for United States Dollar to Naira exchange rate for last month.

On this page, we are primarily focusing on the Black Market Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate Today, the USD to Naira currency pair are the most traded currency in the FX market.

Black Market Exchange Rates
Buying Rate
Selling Rate
Dollar to Naira 1750 1744
Pounds to Naira 2265 2240
Euro to Naira 1867 1845
Canadian Dollar to Naira 1239 1232
Rand to Naira 52 43
Dirham to Naira ‎0 0
Yuan to Naira 62 62
G.Cedi to Nair 70 50
CFA F. (XOF) To Naira 0.83 0.81
CFA F. (XAF) To Naira 0.74 0.74

Having full knowledge how much USD to NGN black market exchange rate today will give you a better opportunity to plan and make informed decisions.

Advertisement

(nairatoday.com)

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Warning: Undefined variable $user_ID in /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/themes/zox-news/comments.php on line 49

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Economy

N1.34bn disappears from the accounts of four Access Bank customers

Published

on

By

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

A humongous sum of N1.34 billion has been transferred without authorisation from the accounts of four customers of Access Bank Plc.

According to Access Bank, the alleged fraud was discovered when it resumed operations on August 12, 2026.

The bank said its preliminary investigation showed that four customer accounts were affected, with a total of N1,340,425,393 allegedly transferred without authorisation.

The affected accounts include MIB TXN Bullion-Aba Branch, from which N590,975,889 was allegedly transferred; AllCO General Insurance Company Limited, involving N420,449,504; Apogee Engineering Limited, involving N136 million; and Sims Nigeria Limited, involving N193 million.

Advertisement

The bank said its internal investigation traced portions of the funds to accounts domiciled with Access Bank and the 71 respondent financial institutions.

Access Bank Plc has approached the Federal High Court in Lagos seeking an order to freeze accounts linked to beneficiaries of the alleged unauthorised transfer. The bank filed the application, marked Suit No. FHC/LAG/CS/1168/2026, against the alleged beneficiary 71 financial institutions and payment service providers, asking the court to preserve the funds allegedly transferred through its Access SME App.

“The Applicant’s internal investigation revealed that monies moved from the accounts without authorisation had been dissipated to several accounts domiciled with the Applicant and the 1st–71st Respondents,” the bank said in the affidavit accompanying the suit.

Access Bank also said it traced the Bank Verification Numbers (BVNs) associated with the alleged beneficiaries and identified other accounts linked to the BVNs.

Advertisement

The lender is asking the court to direct the respondent banks, fintechs and payment service providers to place post-no-debit (PND) restrictions on accounts and BVNs linked to the allegedly diverted funds.

Under the proposed order, the restrictions would apply to the amount received by each beneficiary and remain in place pending the determination of the substantive application.

The bank is also seeking orders compelling the respondent institutions to disclose the amounts recovered from the affected accounts and provide details of the accounts identified in schedules attached to the application.

In addition, Access Bank wants the relevant BVNs watchlisted and the movement or dissipation of funds prevented until the entire N1.34 billion is recovered, to the extent received by each beneficiary.

Advertisement

It further asked the court to direct the reversal of any recovered funds into an Access Bank account belonging to the applicant.

The bank told the court that it had immediately contacted the respondent institutions after discovering the alleged fraud, notifying them of the incident and requesting that the funds be preserved and relevant account details supplied.

According to the affidavit, some of the respondent institutions had already placed PND restrictions on certain accounts. However, Access Bank said a court order was required to sustain the restrictions.

“The 1st–71st Respondents have placed a PND on the accounts, but they need an order of this Honourable Court to sustain it,” the bank stated.

Advertisement

Access Bank argued that urgent judicial intervention was necessary to prevent further dissipation of the funds and preserve assets potentially connected to the alleged fraud.

“There is an urgent need for the order of this court to preserve the res and every other account in receipt of the funds to avoid further dissipation of the funds,” it said.

The bank further argued that it had a responsibility to ensure that funds transferred from customers’ accounts without authorisation were not withdrawn, moved or otherwise dissipated before recovery.

It also told the court that the application was necessary to combat cybercrime, which it said had the potential to undermine Nigeria’s economic and national interests.

Advertisement

“The grant of this application is also necessary to prevent cybercrime which has the capacity to undermine economic and national interest,” the affidavit stated.

Access Bank undertook to pay damages if the court subsequently determines that the order ought not to have been granted, while warning that delay could result in irreparable damage and financial losses.

The application was brought pursuant to Order 26 Rule 6 of the Federal High Court (Civil Procedure) Rules 2019, relevant provisions of the 1999 Constitution and the inherent jurisdiction of the court.

Access Bank is represented by lawyers from Country Hill Attorneys and Solicitors, including Ifeoma Esther Enyinnaya, Aishat Nurudeen and Faith Itua-Oboh.

Advertisement

The respondent institutions include major banks such as First Bank, Fidelity Bank, Ecobank, FCMB, GTBank, Keystone Bank, Stanbic IBTC, Union Bank, United Bank for Africa, Wema Bank and Zenith Bank, as well as numerous microfinance banks, fintechs and payment service providers, including OPay, PalmPay, Moniepoint, Kuda, Paga and SmartCash.

Continue Reading

Economy

See Dollar to Naira exchange rate today, August 19, 2026

Published

on

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

The naira further appreciated on Tuesday in the official market, trading at N1,343.32 to the U.S. dollar.

The naira further appreciated on Tuesday in the official market, trading at N1,343.32 to the U.S. dollar.

Data from the Central Bank of Nigeria showed that the currency gained N6.21 against the dollar.

The latest rate represents a 0.4 per cent appreciation compared with Monday’s rate of N1,349.53 per dollar.

Advertisement

The appreciation underscores the naira’s recent relative stability amid ongoing reforms by the apex bank.

The CBN has sustained measures to improve foreign exchange market transparency, strengthen liquidity, and restore confidence.

The naira’s latest performance reflects continued developments in the official foreign exchange market and efforts to achieve greater exchange rate stability.

(NAN)

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Economy

How to apply: FG opens access to 250,000 free business name registrations

Published

on

By

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

The Federal Government has opened access to 250,000 free business name registrations for eligible entrepreneurs across Nigeria as part of efforts to support the growth and development of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).

The initiative, approved under the administration of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, is designed to ease the cost of formalising small businesses and encourage more entrepreneurs to register their businesses.

Interested and eligible entrepreneurs have been advised to apply through the official SMEDAN portal at portal.smedan.gov.ng to become beneficiaries of the programme.

The registration is completely free, with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) expected to process the business name registration without charging applicants.

Advertisement

The government also warned entrepreneurs to be wary of fraudsters who may attempt to exploit the programme.

Applicants have been advised not to pay anyone claiming to have the ability to fast-track or secure their registration, as no payment is required for the approved free registration.

Entrepreneurs seeking to benefit from the initiative are therefore encouraged to use only the official SMEDAN portal and avoid sharing payments or personal information with unauthorised agents.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2024 Naija Blitz News