Metro
Ondo: Man Arrested For Killing His Childhood Friend

It was a shocking revelation when a suspected murderer, Dolapo Babalola told the Ondo State Police Command how he used a stone and a stump to kill his childhood friend in Okeigbo in the Ile-Oluji/Okeigbo local government area of the state.
Accordingbto Babalola, he killed his friend intending to steal his motorcycle which he sold to a buyer at Ibadan, Oyo State capital at the sum of N130.000. He dumped the remains in a nearby bush and covered him with tree branches.
While speaking with journalists, Babalola who said he is a serial motorcycle thief blamed the killing of Opeyemi Oyelakin, his childhood friend on the devil.
The Commissioner of Police, Abayomi Oladipo has paraded Babalola, 39 for allegedly killing Oyelakin and stealing his motorcycle in Ondo in Ondo West Local government area of the state.
Babalola said: “It is the work of the devil, I can’t explain because this person that we are talking about is my close friend. He is a close friend of mine. Truly his bike is not the first bike I will ever snatch but I have never killed before. Even those that are not related to me I snatched bikes from them and I did not even do anything harmful to them but this one is just a coincidence.
“It is the work of the devil I can’t explain how it happened. At least I have snatched about 15 motorcycles but I have never killed before. His own is the first, my buyer in Ibadan. The nature of the bike at the time of stealing determines how much we are going to sell it, but no matter how clean the bike is, my buyer will buy it for around N200,000.
“But we sold this one at the rate of N130,000 and we share the money equally because we are two in the business. When I wanted to collect the bike from him, he dragged it with us and I hit him with a stone. I know his mum and younger brother.
I can’t explain why I killed him I am a trader I sell oranges but I don’t have a shop. I do go to villages to buy oranges. I am from Oyo state, Ibadan precisely. But, I reside in Ondo town, I’m yet to marry, and this would be the first time I will come to this area. Of which I had been in the business since 2021/2022.”
The police boss said on March 25, a complaint was received from Ondo Town, that a motorcycle with registration number KAK 136 VF was stolen on 15/3/2024 while the rider, Evangelist Opeyemi Oyelakin was nowhere to be found.
However, he said detectives swung into action and arrested one Babalola Dolapo Daniel same date. During interrogation, the suspect confessed that the said Opeyemi Oyelakin ‘deceased’ was his childhood friend, whom they had not seen for a very long time until March 14.
The CP said “On 15/3/2024, the suspect and one Sikiru Mutiu aka S.K deceived the said Opeyemi Oyelakin, ‘deceased’ to carry them on motorcycle to where they have farm at Oke-Igbo Area
“As soon as they dropped, Sikiru Mutiu aka S.K gripped him from behind while he used a stick and stone to hit him on his head the victim died, and the corpse was dragged to a shallow pit, they covered it with leaves before his motorcycle was stolen.”
Oladipo added that the suspect took the detectives to the scene of the crime, where they perpetrated the criminal act, and the corpse together with the stick and stone was recovered.
Metro
How I was robbed of N15.5 million by my girlfriend, her brother, and a group of cultists

It was a sour but unforgettable experience for a 35-year-old Nigerian man identified as Emeka Nwogu last Valentine day as his 25-year-old girlfriend connived with her younger brother and some cultists to attack and rob him of N15.5m.
The attackers also went away with his valuables including three mobile phones.
The story which looks like a script from Nollywood took place at Ago Palace Way in Lagos after the man and his lover girl spent Valentine day in one of the hotels at Ago Palace and decided to eat out the following day little knowing that the girl had another agenda against him with her younger brother and his gang of cultists.
Police sources said while they were in one of the new restaurants enjoying themselves, his girlfriend insisted that they must go back to the hotel for her to ease herself. The unsuspecting boyfriend obliged her but expressed concerns after they passed the bus stop leading to their hotel but the girl asked him not to worry. However, according to sources, as soon as they got down in another bus stop, some armed boys attacked and dragged them to a secluded place in one of the estates where they beat and tortured the man with guns and axes. They then disappeared with his phones after forcing him to disclose the password of his Bitcoin, Binance and Trust accounts and removed about $9,700.
It was learned that after the attack, the man and his girlfriend rushed to Ago Palace police station where they lodged a report. However, the story took a different dimension after the police got to the scene of the incident as one of the security guards who witnessed the attack whispered to them that one of the perpetrators was always seen with the man’s girlfriend who was busy shedding tears in their presence. Based on this startling revelation, the girl was arrested and taken to their station where she confessed that it was her younger brother and his friends that attacked them.
She reportedly told detectives that she was angry after seeing her boyfriend’s Whatsapp chats with other girls and that was why she contracted her younger brother to organize the attack with his friends. Crime Guard learned that at this stage, the case was transferred to the Commissioner of Police Special Squad 1, while the police succeeded in tracing her residence but her younger brother had fled.
Sources said her father, on hearing the development, promised to search for his son and return the stolen items. He however returned only N3m which his son claimed was part of the N5m kept as his sister’s share of the loot. It was gathered that when detectives intensified investigations, they arrested four other members of the gang who confessed that they were members of Aiye confraternity at Ago Palace Way. Those arrested include Ogbuka Tochukwu, 22; John Wisdom, 25; Odora Michael, 24, and Babatunde Ibrhaim, 20. Items recovered from them are; one locally made gun, four local cartridges, one battle axe belonging to Aiye confraternity and N7.5milliom cash.
The victim told reporters that he was greatly traumatized after realizing that his girlfriend of four years masterminded the attack. “I spent Valentine’s night with her in a hotel and we enjoyed ourselves. The following day while we were in a lounge enjoying ourselves, she went out severally after her phone rang. I did not know she was planning to attack me with her brother and cultists and steal my hard-earned money and property. I commend the CP squad for doing a good job.”
Recall that it was the same squad that eliminated a notorious gang of kidnappers that were terrorizing Lagos and environs last year at the popular Ladipo market in Lagos.
(Saturday Vanguard)
Metro
Court remands three Anambra native doctors over alleged criminal activities

The Anambra State Government yesterday arraigned three native doctors before a State High Court for alleged involvement in criminal activities.
The suspects were Chidozie Nwangwu popularly known as “Akwa Okuko Tiwara Aki”, Onyebuchi Okocha known as “Onye Eze” and Ekene Igboezekwe popularly known as “Eke Hit”.
They were charged in suit numbers A/41C2025, A/40C2025 and A/42C2025 respectively with alleged claims of possessing supernatural powers to make money or stagnate destiny, as well as conspiracy to commit felony to wit kidnapping and obtaining by fraud.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the suspects were all arrested by the Anambra Security outfit known as “Agunechemba” in February and have been in detention till date.
The prosecution counsel, Mr. F.C. Okeke, told the court that the charges against the suspect had been served them and that they were ready to proceed with the case.
But the defence counsel, Mr S.O. Iwuoba and others took turns to inform the court that the processes were not served in good time to enable them to respond.
The charges were not read in detail as a result of the development.
The presiding Judge, Justice Jude Obiora, ordered that the suspects be returned to Agunechemba detention facility to make for proper processing.
Obiora adjourned the cases to April 11 for proper arraignment and pleadings.
Metro
Plateau attack: 40 more bodies recovered as death toll hits 52

The search and rescue operation that followed this week’s apparently co-ordinated attacks on some communities in Bokkos Local Government Area of Plateau State has yielded additional 40 bodies, officials confirmed yesterday.
The recovery has now taken the death toll in the attacks on Mangor Tamiso, Daffo, Manguna (Tagai), Hurti and Tadai to 52.
The state government said some arrests have been made in connection with the Wednesday night mayhem.
Chairman of Bokkos Cultural Development Council (BCDC) Vanguard, Farmasum Fuddang said 31 persons were given a mass burial on Thursday.
According to him five under age victims were burnt to ashes at Hurti village, 11 were killed at Ruwi village, four persons killed at Manguna with one killed at Dafo.
The condemned the attacks.
It said some suspects have been arrested but did not put a figure to the arrests.
Information and Communication Commissioner Joyce Ramnap in a statement in Jos, extended government’s condolences to bereaved families and said every effort was being made by the security agencies to stem the wave of killings.
The Mutfwang Administration, the commissioner added, had deployed strategic measures to enhance intelligence gathering, surveillance, and rapid response mechanisms in collaboration with security operatives.
She asked religious, traditional, and community leaders to reinforce the message of peace, unity, and lawful engagement while residents were advised to remain law-abiding, support security efforts, and utilize official channels for security concerns.”
Residents of the affected communities said the invaders shot sporadically, catching the people unawares.
-
Politics8 hours ago
Tinubu Gives Fani Kayode, Others New Appointments (See Full List)
-
News8 hours ago
DANGER! Ex-Soldier Abubakar Affan Vows to Kill VeryDarkMan ‘Like Deborah Samuel’
-
News24 hours ago
Security Alert: Police alert officers ahead of nationwide protest over living costs, free speech
-
News12 hours ago
Why NYSC maybe extended by FG- Minister
-
News22 hours ago
VOA Halts Operations In Nigeria, Others Over President Trump
-
News11 hours ago
Ibas moves to rehabilitate damaged Rivers LG secretariats
-
News8 hours ago
Just in: Ex-Oyo governor, Olunloyo is dead
-
Economy12 hours ago
CBN allocates $197.71m into FX market to support naira