Connect with us

Metro

Man arrested for raping 11-year-old girl in Benue

Published

on

..Claims he was ‘teaching her s3x’

By Francesca Hangeior
The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) Benue Command, has arrested one Gbanger Terkimbi Sunday, 25, for raping an 11-year-old girl.

Gbanger was paraded at the command’s headquarters in Makurdi alongside three other suspects arrested for various crimes in the state.

State Commandant of NSCDC, Yakubu Ibrahim, through the NSCDC Public Relations Officer, Michael Ejelikwu, told journalists that the rape suspect, Gbanger Terkimbi Sunday, had carnal knowledge of the minor at Mbakumur Peivi community of Guma LGA in Benue State.

He said the suspect was arrested on January 25, after a medical examination/finding revealed that his victim had physical injuries among others on her private part.

Sunday admitted the crime during a chat with journalists, saying he was teaching the minor sex on her request.

The NSCDC also explained that the second suspect, a 27-year-old Abdullahi Ali popularly known as “Rayyamu and two pack” was arrested on February 5 at about 11:49am at Ankpa Quarters in Makurdi over alleged criminal conspiracy, theft, armed robbery and cheating.

Ali was also alleged to have escaped twice from the NSCDC custody and once from police custody even in handcuffs before he was again apprehended by the civil defence officers.

The suspect told newsmen that he ran away because of suffering in detention, urging the law to tamper justice with mercy.

Meanwhile, the remaining two suspects – Aliyu Ali, 32, and Mustapha Aliyu, 27 – who are both drivers were nabbed at Ugbokpo in Apa LGA on February 4 over alleged vandalism, theft and willful destruction of critical national assets and criminal conspiracy.

The duo, according to the NSCDC PRO, were also in possession of a stolen MF375 tractor suspected to belong to either Benue or Nasarawa State government but had been recovered from them.

Ejelikwu said that further investigation was ongoing on the matter and that the suspects would soon be charged to court or handed over to appropriate bodies for prosecution.

Continue Reading

Metro

Police probe alleged killing of Inspector by ‘Naval officers’

Published

on

The Police Command in Lagos State has begun investigation into the alleged killing of an Inspector by some Naval officers at Okokomaiko area of Ojo.

The Spokesperson for the command, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, confirmed this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) yesterday.

Hundeyin said a report on the incident was received at the Okokomaiko police station about 4.30 p.m. on Saturday from the public.

He said the report indicated that some policemen, who were on routine patrol along Igbo-Elerin, tried to impound a motorcycle riding against traffic at the Beno Filling Station.

The spokesperson said two men on the motorcycle in mufti, who claimed to be Naval officers, resisted arrest and attacked the policemen.

“Other Naval personnel in uniform arrived at the scene and supported their colleagues in the attack.

“It was when one Inspector (name not given) slumped and was unconscious, that the Naval personnel escaped from the scene.

“The inspector was rescued and rushed to a hospital in the area, where he was confirmed dead.

“The body has been deposited at the Idi-Araba Mortuary, Yaba, for autopsy, while investigation is ongoing,” he said.

Continue Reading

Metro

Bandits kidnap Catholic priest in Zamfara

Published

on

Suspected bandits have kidnapped the parish priest of St. Raymond Catholic Church Damba, Gusau, Zamfara State, Revd. Fr. Mikah Suleiman.

The Acting Chancellor of the Catholic Diocese of Sokoto, Very. Revd. Fr. Nuhu Iliya, confirmed the development in a statement on Saturday.

“With sadness in our hearts, we write to inform the general public of the kidnap of one of our priests, Revd. Fr. Mikah Suleiman.

“This sad event occurred in the early hours of today, Saturday, 22nd June 2024 in the Father’s rectory. Fr Mikah is the Parish Priest of St. Raymond Catholic Church Damba, Gusau, Zamfara State,” the statement said.

The statement urged Christians and all men and women of goodwill to earnestly pray for the quick and safe release of the protest.

The spokesperson of Zamfara State Police Command, Yazid Abubakar, said in a statement that Father Mikah was kidnapped around 3:00 am on Saturday at his residence in the Damba area of Gusau.

He added that the Command had deployed a Police tactical squad to the trail of the kidnappers, in a bid to rescue the priest.

Continue Reading

Metro

Police arrest six armed robbery, one-chance suspects, recover weapons

Published

on

No fewer than six “one chance” operators have been arrested by operatives from the Federal Capital Territory Police Command.

In Nigerian parlance, “one chance” is a form of robbery in which criminals disguised as commercial motorists dispossess people who board the vehicles of their belongings and push them out afterward.

According to a statement on Saturday by the FCT Command spokesperson, Josephine Adele, the suspects arrested were Abubakar Adams, Ismail Salisu, Yusuf Bello, Nasiru Saidi, Sani Usman, and Ibrahim Kasa.

The statement partly read, “The operatives of the police command attached to Utako divisional headquarters, on June 16, 2024, acting on credible intelligence, trailed and arrested six armed robbery suspects: Abubakar Adams, Ismail Salisu, Yusuf Bello, Nasiru Saidi, Sani Usman and Ibrahim Kasa.

“They specialise in attacking unsuspecting residents who board their vehicle or tricycle, robbing them of their valuables and pushing them off the moving vehicle or tricycle.”

Adeh added that their arrest was a result of complaints from victims, adding that cutlasses and knives, among others, were recovered from the suspects.

“The suspects were apprehended on the heels of complaints received from multiple victims of these atrocious acts, some of whom reported losing their mobile phones, money, gadgets, and other belongings to these criminal individuals who have since confessed to the crime.

“Light weapons such as cutlasses, knives, and a phone believed to have been stolen from a victim were recovered from them,” she added.

The FCT Commissioner of Police, Benneth Igweh, reaffirmed the command’s commitment to ensuring the safety and security of all and sundry.

“He also urged the populace to be vigilant and take advantage of the police emergency lines in reporting suspicious activities through,” the statement said.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2024