Connect with us

Metro

I’ve lured, killed seven women through ‘hookup’ app — Ritualist confesses

Published

on

A suspected ritual killer, Adebayo Olamide Azeez, has revealed the method he employed to lure and murder seven women through a ‘hookup’ app.

The 32-year-old Azeez, who confessed to being part of a ritualist gang specialising in killing women for money, was paraded at the Ogun State headquarters of the Nigerian Police, Eleweran, Abeokuta.

The arrest of Azeez followed the apprehension and public parade of other gang members by operatives of the State Command, including Moses Abidemi Awuraji, Oluwo Samuel Monday, Peter Oluwalolese, Jamiu Yusuf, Akinwunmi Ifatosin, Sheriff Agbai, and Osojieahen Alioneitouria.

All were accused of the heinous crime of killing 35-year-old Sulaimon Adijat for money rituals through the ‘hookup’ app.

The State Commissioner of Police, Abiodun Alamutu, disclosed that Azeez, who had been evading arrest, was captured on February 23 from his hideout.

Alamutu disclosed the collaboration between Azeez and Awuraji, a herbalist, in strangulating the victims to death.

The dismembered body parts were then allegedly sold to Oluwo Monday Samuel and Alfa Ariwo (still at large) for ritualistic purposes.

Alamutu added, “The three suspects confessed to the killing of ten different ladies at the Igbo Olomi residence of Moses Abidemi.”

Azeez, narrating his modus operandi, explained, “I got the ladies from MyChat, a hookup app. When contacted by Awuraji, I’d negotiate with the victims on the app, finalise the deal, and provide my address in Atan-Ota.”

“I would pick them up, and transport them to Awuraji’s house, where we executed the heinous act.

“I do not know the ultimate purpose of the group; my role was merely to source victims through ‘hookup’ and collect payment.”

“Abidemi’s wife (Awuraji Mariam) will pin their legs down while I strangle them. I joined the gang in September 2023, and we have killed seven ladies. These were the ladies that I brought to the house that we killed.

“I don’t know what they use the corpses of the ladies for. My job is just to scout for the ladies from the ‘hookup’ app and bring them in. They don’t usually tell me the amount they will give; at times, they pay me N30,000; other times, they give me N40,000.

“I can’t say no to them whenever they ask me to bring the ladies. I don’t know who they sell the body parts to, and I don’t ask them about it.”

While assuring the public that investigations were ongoing to identify other potential victims, Alamutu urged those with missing relatives to report to the police with photographs for assistance.

He added, “The shocking revelations from Azeez’s confession have sent shockwaves through the community, highlighting the need for increased vigilance and awareness regarding online interactions.”

“Authorities are working tirelessly to bring justice to the victims and their families while dismantling the ritualist gang responsible for these horrifying crimes.

Continue Reading

Metro

BANDITRY: Gunmen abduct former Benue CoS’s wife, house help

Published

on

By Francesca Hangeior

Suspected herdsmen have abducted the wife and house help of former Chief of Staff to Benue Governor Terwase Orbunde.

Hon.Orbunde was Chief of Staff to former Governor Samuel Ortom.

He later resigned to contest the PDP governorship primary. He later joined the All Progressive Congress (APC) but still lost out of the race.

The attack was said to have taken place close to the Genocide Cemetery along Mobile Barracks-Welfare Quarters Road in Makurdi, the state capital around 6pm on Friday.

The former Chief of Staff escaped with a gunshot on his right arm while the attackers whisked away Mrs Abigail Kashimana Orbunde, and her house help, Patience Ogute.

Eyewitnesses said the trio had gone to inspect the weeding of their farm located close to the road.

They said after the inspection and payment of the workers, five gunmen suddenly attacked them as they walked back to the car.

It was reported that they shot Orbunde on the right arm while ordering the women to follow them to an unknown destination.

The shooting was said to have made villagers and passersby to scamper for safety in different directions.

As they marched along, the former Chief of Staff was said to be bleeding profusely and slowed down from walking.

The eyewitnesses, who watched from a distance, said the leader of the group ordered him to walk away while the gunmen took the women away before good Samaritans rushed Orbunde to the hospital.

Continue Reading

Metro

Marriage palaver: My wife told me only 1 out of our 3 children is mine —Husband

Published

on

A plumber, Mr Desmond Igbo, has dragged his wife, Rosemary, before a Customary Court in Jikwoyi, Abuja, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), accusing her of giving birth to two children for another man.

The petitioner, who resides within the jurisdiction of the court, said this in a divorce petition he filed against his wife in court.

“My wife is having extra- marital affairs. She confessed to me that only my second child is my biological child.

“She said that the other two were not my biological children.

“I have been taking care of them for 13 years.

” This is heartbreaking. It is on this issue that I seek to divorce my wife,” he said.

He also told the court that there was no love and understanding in their marriage.

Continue Reading

Metro

Nigerian Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone

Published

on

Some policemen on mufti have extorted N100,000 from a Nigerian returnee from Cyprus, Rahmon Olamilekan Adekunle, at the tunnel in Berger linking Magodo, Lagos State.

Adekunle, who contacted SaharaReporters shortly after the “robbery” by the Nigerian police officers, explained that incident happened while he was taking his girlfriend who had exam in the morning to school.

He said that the policemen who were on mufti accosted him around some minutes to 7am, at the tunnel in Berger linking Magodo.

“They forcefully took my phone, after going through my phone, they discovered that I just returned to Nigeria; they forced me to transfer the sum of N100,000 to a Point of Sale (POS) operator.

“My girlfriend has a examination to take this morning and already they have seized my phone and I don’t have any means to reach out to any of my family members or even the police authorities. So I had to transfer the N100,000 to a POS Operator there, which I don’t know whether they came with the person.

“Because I don’t want my girl to miss her exam, I had to pay the money and continue my journey. I have contacted the state Police Public Relations Officer SP Benjamin Hundeyin but he did not pick up his calls. I also sent him a text message but he is yet to respond.

“As I speak to you I don’t know which station they (policemen) came from.”

Meanwhile, SaharaReporters’ efforts to speak with the State Police Public Relations Officer SP Benjamin Hundeyin, were unsuccessful as he simply said “Please I am busy and can’t talk now.”

As at the time of filing this report he was yet respond to a text message inquiry on the incident.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2024