Connect with us

News

My life under threat, Mohbad’s widow raises alarm

Published

on

By Kayode Sanni-Arewa

Omowunmi, widow of the late Nigerian singer, Ilerioluwa Aloba, known as Mohbad, has cried out over what she described as constant threats to her and Liam, the baby she had with the late singer.

This was as she urged the musician’s father, Joseph Aloba, to get a court order for the Deoxyribonucleic Acid Identification (DNA) test of her son Liam.

According to a national newspaper Aloba had called on the Nigeria Police to summon Omomunmi to provide insights into the death of his son and also demanded a test to ascertain the paternity of his grandson.

Advertisement

However, in a series of Instagram posts, Mohbad’s widow said she had been facing what Mohbad faced before his death.

“Nigerians, I and Liam are at your mercy! Are you going to allow what happened to Ilerioluwa to happen to us? They are threatening us daily. They have taken our freedom from us! Nigerians help us,” she wrote.

She said it was unthinkable that Liam’s grandfather, who pressured them into having a child, is also the same person demanding a DNA test.

“I never wanted to have a baby at that time, but Baba told Mohbad and me the Holy Spirit told him I should get him a grandson who would buy the coffin that would bury him.

Advertisement

“I got to know I was pregnant on August 5, same year, my father-in-law was so ecstatic over the news of my pregnancy. Why is he trying to defame the treasure his son left behind?” she queried.

Mohbad’s father buried him before he died, late singer’s mother alleges
She, however, disclosed that she was ready for the DNA test when her father-in-law produces a court order to the effect.

“Go and get court order cos it’s time I put my enemies to shame,” Omowunmi wrote.

Meanwhile, earlier in an Instagram Live, Omowunmi alleged that her son was not enjoying the needed freedom like other kids, saying some people were threatening to gun her down.

Advertisement

She said: “As you all know, I have never done this, and this is because my husband, Ilerioluwa, never wanted this. I am not scared to die! Enough is enough! Nigerians, please come to my aid! They have cursed my son several times, and today, they have started. They have said my son will not reach the age of one, the same thing done to Mohbad that his father could not come out on social media to ask the public to help.

“Nigerians, please help me! I’m doing this now because Ilerioluwa will never forgive me if I don’t fight for Liam. He thought keeping quiet was the answer until he died. He had no chance to fight, but I, Wunmi, will fight with my last blood if anyone comes for my son.

“You guys are threatening to gun me down at the inquest, threatening to kidnap me and my son, yet I have kept quiet. I can’t even go out in public for fear of my life. My son can’t enjoy the things other kids are enjoying because of you guys! Why? You’re taking my son’s right of freedom from him, but today I’m calling Nigerians to please come to my aid. Even if they eventually kill me, please let Liam live, I beg you! You’re taking my son’s right away from him! I am calling Nigerians to please come to my aid, I am too young for these things they’re putting me through, Nigerians, is it until I die?

“This is the same thing Mohbad went through, but nobody helped. Please, Nigerians , help me. When my husband came out, he was never a substance dealer. Now, they are using DNA to keep me shut. Mohbad was never a substance dealer or a user, and that pulled down his self-esteem and made him afraid to show his vulnerability, I would not be ashamed. Abuse me all you want just like you abused Mohbad but I’m never going to keep shut for Liam, don’t come for Liam because I will fight for him with all my life, I will protect him because he’s all I have and I’m the only parent he has, Mohbad is not here to fight for him anymore.”

Advertisement

She added, “Please tell baba to bring court order for a DNA to be done. He is not getting the court order because he’s happy that my son is getting bashed daily. This is my son that I carried for 10 months, all mothers please come to my aid, everybody is telling me to keep shut but I can’t do that anymore, even if they will kill me let Liam live please, that is the only person Ilerioluwa left please! Baba is not getting the court order because he’s happy Liam is being bashed, Liam is like a competitor, and he sees him as a threat. He’s happy that he’s using his son’s death to make money online.”

Punch

Continue Reading
Advertisement

News

Just in: INEC dumps recall petition against Sen Natasha

Published

on

By

The Independent National Electoral Commission,( INEC) has rejected the petition to recall the Senator representing Kogi Central, Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, inadequate.

The electoral umpire via its 𝕏 handle on Thursday, April 3, 2025, made this known in a terse statement where it disclosed that the group, who initiated the process did not meet the requirements of the constitution.

INEC in a tweet on its ‘X’ handle said; “The petition for the recall of the Senator representing the Kogi Central Senatorial District has not met the requirement of Section 69(a) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended)”.

Continue Reading

News

US cancels ex- president ,Nobel Peace Prize winner Oscar Arias visa

Published

on

By

A former president of Costa Rica, Oscar Arias, says his US visa has been revoked.

Arias, a Nobel laureate, said he was informed of the decision weeks after he had publicly criticised Donald Trump, comparing the behaviour of the US president to that of a Roman emperor.

The 84-year-old, who was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his role in brokering an end to conflicts in Central America, said US authorities had given no explanation.

Arias hinted, however, that it may be due to his rapprochement with China during the time he was president from 2006 to 2010.

Advertisement

Speaking at a news conference in the Costa Rican capital, San José, Arias said he had “no idea” what the reason for the cancellation was.

He said he had received a “terse” email “of a few lines” from the US government informing him of the decision.

He added that he thought that it was not President Trump but the US State Department, which had taken the decision.

While he said it would be conjecture on his part to speculate about the reason behind the visa revocation, he did point out that “I established diplomatic relations with China.

Advertisement

“That, of course, is known throughout the world,” he told journalists of his 2007 decision to cut ties with Taiwan and establish them with China instead.

The Trump administration has sought to oppose China’s influence in the Western hemisphere and has accused a number of Central American governments of cosying up to the Chinese government and Chinese companies.

However, it has been supportive of the current Costa Rican President, Rodrigo Chaves, praising his decision to exclude Chinese firms from participating in the development of 5G in Costa Rica.

But this perceived closeness between President Chaves and the US was criticised by Arias, who wrote a post on social media in February saying that “it has never been easy for a small country to disagree with the US government, less so when its president behaves like a Roman emperor, telling the rest of the world what to do”.

Advertisement

He added that “during my governments, Costa Rica never received orders from Washington as if we were a banana republic.”

Arias is not the only Costa Rican to have had his US visa revoked. Three members of the country’s national assembly who opposed President Chaves’s decree to exclude Chinese companies from participating in the development of 5G have also had theirs cancelled. [BBC]

Continue Reading

News

Natasha: Kogi PDP hammers Ododo, reiterates unfeigned support for her

Published

on

By

…says state govt’s attempts to silence opposition won’t stand

…calls on IGP to immediately release detained members

Following the desperate, despicable and perfidious attempts by the Kogi state Government to gag, and hound opposition parties through the restrictions on rallies, convoy movements, and similar solidarity activities across the state, Kogi state chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) has roundly criticized, and totally condemned such moves.

Arising from the state Exco meeting, held Tuesday, April 1st, 2025, the PDP, having done proper analysis of the situation, believes that the move is targeted at Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan.

Advertisement

This was contained in a statement signed by Alhaji Umoru Tijani Aruwa State Publicity Secretary
Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) further declaring that:

“Obviously afraid of our highly performing, and resourceful Senator, the state government had to resort to jittery, fearful, and incongrous instructions which are glaring infringement on her fundamental rights to freedom of movement and association.

“The undemocratic actions which have the tone, tenor, and texture of autocratism and despotism was clearly targeted at preventing Kogi state’s (and Nigeria’s) legislative amazon from meeting her constituents who organized the home-coming for her.

“It is highly shameful, preposterous, and cynical that the state government in their failed attempt to silence Akpoti-Uduaghan, effected the arrest of some officials and key personalities of our party in Kogi Central District; days before the event. From reports, many party faithful across the five LGAs that make up the District suffered varied degrees of harassment, intimidation, and coercion. Indeed, there were inglorious, and shameless attempts by alleged agents of the state government to induce some of our party members. But, all these desperate moves failed, comprehensively!

Advertisement

“Happily, all these tongue-follery attempts, ludicrous activities, and wanton shenanigans failed woefully; as the constituents and supporters, across all political parties thronged out in their numbers to solidarize and re-enact their support for Akpoti-Uduaghan.

” The visit, has once again shown that the people of Kogi Central District are not only with but also identify with her despite attempts to silence her progressive and patriotic voice by few, privileged individuals in the Senate, and collaborators in Kogi state.

“Given the outpouring of love, commendation, and eulogies extended by the people to Akpoti-Uduaghan at the event, irrespective of the numerous bobby-traps and devilish bottlenecks orchestrated by the APC government in Kogi, it clearly shows that the constituents are at home with their daughter. That the tumultuous gathering, which was organic defied all man-made encumbrances to proudly identify with her, and pass resounding confidence-vote on Akpoti-Uduaghan has rubbished every earlier plans by the Kogi state government to put forward wrong narratives about the Senatorial District.

“While we strongly urge the state government to allow the freedom of speech, movement, and association to fully thrive; without let or hate amongst the people of Kogi, we appeal that every dictatorial actions, and totalitarian tendencies that are capable of truncating democratic ethos must be put away by the present administration in the state.

Advertisement

“As a party, the Kogi state PDP chapter, declares unequivocal support, and stands; firmly without reservations with Senator Akpoti-Uduaghan. We also reiterate that the good people of Kogi state will continue to show utmost solidarity with her, as she forges ahead in her fight against abuse, harassment, intimidation, and segregation.

“The PDP commend the courage, doggedness, and sacrifices of the people of Kogi Central District who defied all odds to attend the home-coming event, and have also remained consistent and resolute in their respective and collective support for Akpoti-Uduaghan. Be assured that we have resolved; as always to stand with you, all.

“Finally, we call on the Inspector-General of Police, the leadership of all relevant security agencies to ensure the immediate release of all our party members that were unlawfully arrested under nebulous, and spurious guises by the state government.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2024 Naija Blitz News