News
N298million SUV Scandal: NCSCN Gives Tinubu Seven Days To Probe TCN Managing Director, Abdulaziz

The National Civil Society Council of Nigeria (NCSCN) has given President Bola Tinubu and other relevant institutions a seven-day ultimatum to suspend the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN), Abdulaziz Ahmed Sule, over sundry corruption allegations.
It was earlier reported how Ahmed Sule allegedly bought a 2023 Lexus LX 600 model for the Minister of Power, Adebayo Adelabu to perfect his stay in office.
The SUV was procured for N298,444,187.
Sources had also told SaharaReporters that Sule bought the vehicle from the internally generated revenue of the company to bribe the minister to ensure that President Bola Tinubu did not remove him from office.
Meanwhile the call by NCSCN was made in a press statement issued by Blessing Akinlosotu, the council’s Executive Director, describing the TCN boss’ action as insensitive towards what Nigerians were currently facing in the country’s power sector.
Commenting on the development, NCSCN said that over 20 petitions had been brought before the Civil Society Council against the MD/CEO of TCN and a few others directed at the leadership of the Distribution Companies (DISCOs).
The statement continued, “However, the most alarming is the recent reports concerning bribery allegations against the Managing Director of TCN, Engr. Sule A. Abdulaziz, that he purchased an SUV Car to induce the Honourable Minister of Power to influence his retention.
“The most painful aspect of this ugly development to the Civil Society Community is that while the nation is languishing in darkness and epileptic power supply, about 226 containers of power equipment and transformers owned by the TCN are at the various ports in Nigeria.
“Aside the corruption component in this offensive action, the gross insensitivity and irresponsibility therein is clearly showcased in the fact that this same MD of TCN has been unable to raise and pay up a paltry sum of one billion naira to take delivery of about 226 longstanding containers of power equipment and transformers that are trapped in various ports as a result of inability of the MD/CEO of TCN to raise paltry sum of money required to clear and take final deliveries.
“The Civil Society Council is in custody of a letter dated November 7, 2023 with reference TCN/MD/CEO/01/E,001/VOL 7/227/2023 signed by the MD/CEO of TCN himself to the Comptroller General of Nigeria Customs Service appealing for intervention to cancel the huge demurage and duties that had accumulated up to about N5billion, of which the Comptroller General graciously obliged, cutting down to only 20% about N1billion, in order to help improve electricity supply in Nigeria, yet, despite the goodwill and kind gesture of the Comptroller General of Customs, the MD of TCN is still unable to pay and take deliveries till date.
“We can all imagine the positive impact of 226 container load of power equipment and transformers to the national grid and electricity supply across the country, instead the MD of TCN can raise over one quarter of the same amount to buy car for a Minister.
“NCSCN considers this failure to clear and take delivery of the containers of power equipment, purchase of car for the Minister of Power, and other violation of Procurement Act, as the height of irresponsibility and insensitivity to the plight of the masses, that calls for stiff punitive measures against the MD/CEO of TCN.
“It is in the light of the foregoing that the National Civil Society Council of Nigeria (NCSCN) strongly demands the immediate suspension of Engr. Sule A. Abdulaziz by President Tinubu and investigation into these allegations by the EFCC, also that the Honourable Minister Power urgently addresses the Nigerian public on these very important matters.
“The Council hereby issues a 7-day ultimatum starting from today of this Press Conference to relevant authorities [President Bola Tinubu, Minister of Power, Director General, State Security Services, Inspector General of Police, and General Public] to take actions on the above demands, failure to which we shall be left with no other option than to mobilise a mass protest nationwide to drive home our demands. Nigerians can no longer tolerate the excesses of the MD of TCN, and we demand remedies now or never.”
News
Delta issues 21-day ultimatum to unapproved schools

The Delta State Government has vowed to shut down all unapproved nursery and primary schools across the state.
The measure is being taken “to sanitise the private sector participation in the primary education sector in the state.”
This was contained in a government special announcement signed by the Director of Public Communication/Functioning Permanent Secretary in the State Ministry of Information, Theresa Adiabua Oliko.
Copies were made available to journalists in Warri on Thursday.
The government, however, advised owners of all unapproved primary schools across the state to “upgrade” within the 21-day ultimatum or risk being shut down.
The public announcement partly reads, “It is hereby announced for the information of the public, particularly owners of private nursery and primary schools in Delta State, that the government, pursuance to its responsibility to sanitise the private sector participation in the primary education sector in the state, that all unapproved primary schools in the state are hereby given a 21-day ultimatum to upgrade their infrastructure and formalise their status with the ministry of primary education with immediate effect.
“Failure to comply with this directive will attract severe sanctions, including outright closure of all such schools.
“The 21-day ultimatum has become imperative as a result of the proliferation of unapproved private schools whose poor infrastructural facilities, unqualified teachers and unhealthy operational environment have become worrisome to the state government.”
News
I’m not behind Elisha Abbo’s sacking from Senate – Akpabio

The Senate President, Senator Godswill Akpabio on Thursday, berated former lawmaker representing Adamawa North Senatorial District, Elisha Abbo, saying he has no hand in his removal from the National Assembly.
The clarification was made in a statement issued in Abuja by Akpabio’s media aide, Eseme Eyiboh.
Abbo was sacked by the Court of Appeal sitting in Abuja on October 16, 2023.
The judgment delivered by a three-member panel presided over by Justice C.E. Nwosu-Iheme ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission to issue a Certificate of Return to Amos Yohanna of the Peoples Democratic Party as the duly elected lawmaker representing the area at the Senate.
The appellate court vacated the tribunal judgment which had earlier affirmed Abbo of the All Progressives Congress as the winner of the senatorial election.
But speaking on a live programme on Arise Television on Wednesday, Abbo blamed Akpabio for his predicament.
The Adamawa politician also accused the Senate President of running the Red Chamber like an emperor.
This was even as he condemned the suspension of the senator representing Kogi Central, Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, who is presently battling to retain her mandate.
Reacting, Akpabio said he was shocked to hear Abbo blame him again for his ouster from the Senate barely two years after apologising to him.
He said, “It is sad and regrettable that despite publicly retracting a similar allegation in 2023—after admitting that his earlier accusation was premature and based on the available information at our disposal—Mr. Abbo has once again embarked on a campaign of misinformation and blame transfer.
“Following a discussion with the Senate President last year, Mr. Abbo himself acknowledged that Senator Akpabio had ‘no involvement’ in the judicial process that led to his removal. It is puzzling that he would now return to the same baseless allegations he once renounced.”
Continuing, Akpabio emphasised that it was the court and not him that determined his fate before he was consequently removed.
The former governor asserted that he, therefore, found it illogical and irresponsible that Abbo could turn around and allege that he influenced the judgment that he accepted at the time.
“It is there in the papers (see PUNCH Newspaper of 18th October 2023). Mr Abbo has also sought to create the impression that he was unjustly denied official benefits following his ouster. He claims entitlement to salaries, allowances, and even an official vehicle, despite the court’s declaration that his tenure was null and void ab initio.
“If any of Abbo’s claims for payment did not reach the desk of the Senate President, it is because they failed to meet these lawful standards—not because of any personal or political vendetta. It is unfortunate that instead of accepting the consequences of his legal and political failings, Abbo continues to resort to media theatrics and reckless finger-pointing.
“Akpabio remains focused on the noble task of nation-building, providing purposeful leadership in the Senate, and strengthening democratic institutions—especially the independence of the judiciary. He will not be distracted by the antics of individuals who seek to rewrite history to mask personal failures.
“We urge Mr Abbo to reflect deeply, respect the rule of law, and focus on rebuilding the confidence of his constituents if he hopes to return to public life. Nigeria’s democracy can only thrive when its actors show maturity, responsibility, and an abiding respect for the truth,” the statement added.
News
NCAA to sanction airlines over deportees maltreatment

The Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority has strongly cautioned international airlines against the increasing complaints from passengers who are transported partway to their destinations, only to be deported back to Nigeria.
The NCAA criticised this practice, emphasising that it has led to considerable distress for passengers and damaged the reputation of Nigeria’s aviation industry.
The NCAA’s Director of Consumer Protection and Public Affairs, Michael Achimugu, announced this in a signed statement on Thursday.
“These actions, which involve the refusal of boarding or denial of entry at intermediate or transit stops due to visa and travel restrictions, are completely unacceptable,” he said.
The NCAA stressed that airlines are responsible for informing passengers of any potential obstacles to their entry before their journey begins.
“Passengers should not be put in a position where they are denied entry or returned to Nigeria only upon arrival at transit stops,” Achimugu added.
Referring to the Nigeria Civil Aviation Regulations 2023 (Part 19.21.1.1), the NCAA reiterated that airlines and their agents are obligated to inform travellers of any potential entry restrictions before departure.
“Airlines must take appropriate measures to screen and provide passengers with accurate, up-to-date information regarding their travel documents and visa requirements before issuing tickets or allowing boarding,” the statement read.
In light of these issues, the NCAA has announced immediate enforcement measures.
“Effective immediately, any airline found engaging in such practices will face regulatory action, including fines, suspension of flight operations, or other penalties deemed appropriate,” Achimugu warned.
“The NCAA expects the cooperation of all airlines in maintaining the integrity and professionalism of the aviation industry, as well as ensuring the wellbeing of Nigerian passengers,” the statement read.
-
News19 hours ago
Natasha: Kogi PDP hammers Ododo, reiterates unfeigned support for her
-
Economy18 hours ago
SEE Black Market Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate Today 3rd April 2025
-
News14 hours ago
Just in: “Ignore rumour mongers, there was no time I collapsed “-Wike asserts
-
News14 hours ago
CJ transfers Natasha’s case to Justice Nyako
-
News17 hours ago
Just in: INEC dumps recall petition against Sen Natasha
-
News22 hours ago
Just in: Finally, Trump imposes 14% tarriff on Nigeria oil, others
-
News11 hours ago
We’re putting together new 2025 Budget for Rivers-Ibas
-
News19 hours ago
US cancels ex- president ,Nobel Peace Prize winner Oscar Arias visa