News
Couple arrested at Abuja Airport for child trafficking

By Kayode Sanni-Arewa
The issue of child traficking keeps on taking different dimensiona daily in the country. it is an established fact that nearly all trafficked victims are children.
According to the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) report, more than a half of child trafficking victims are trafficked within their own country according to the new report.
It was therefore a dramatic scene that was witnessed at the Nnamdi Azikwe international airport last Wednesday, June 26th 2024, when one Mr Godfrey Ayodele Iyama and his wife Mrs Stella Iyama tried to smuggle a 6-year-old child (name withheld) away from the country without the consent of the father and in blatant disobedience of court order (contempt of court)–that the child in question should not leave the shores of Nigeria.
According to private investigator who had been put on the trail of the couple, “in order to perfect their criminal activities the identification of the innocent little girl was changed from the name is was given at birth and in the international passport I had earlier procured for her to Mr Godfrey Ayodele Iyama claiming that the father of the little girl has died while the father is still alive. The surprising things is that the little girl is having two valid passport bearing different name”.
However, if what Mr Godfrey claimed is right, why change the name of the child, which is totally different from the name on the first passport issued to her? Even if the father is dead, does that automatically change the identity of the girl in question? A lot of questions are begging for answers.
He said: “If not God and quick intervention of immigration officer and proactiveness of the local investigator at the airport they would have boarded the Qatar Airway flight going to Birmingham international airport with the child. The immigration officer at the airport after arresting and detaining them handed them over to the airport security who investigated them and established that they were guilty of child trafficking.”
He added that: “This singular incident should open our eyes as a citizen of this country Nigeria to irregularity in our data system and how those saddle with the responsibility of keeping record should be on top of their job. In a country where the system is working, how possible for same person to have two different identification, but in a country where anything goes it is very possible.”
Our correspondent met with the biological father of the child who narrated the whole story.
He said, “I got married to Shulamite November 28, 2017. We had our child in August 16, 2018. In 2021, many times I confronted her over my feelings that she was being unfaithful to me but she denied it. Finally In April of 2021, she confessed to sleeping with her ex-boyfriend. Because we haven’t slept together for over a year , we did a pregnancy test and she tested positive. A few weeks later she told me she had removed the child and when I reported the matter to the church they invited her and she ran away from my house with my three years old girl while I was still at work”.
He added, “For over a year she refused to tell me where she is with my baby. I was forced to file for custody of the child. She also filed for custody. In the court, she alleged that I use to beat her but the court found no such evidence but rather found evidence of her finger nails on my neck when she held me on the the neck while I was asleep. The judge ruled that we should both have custody of the child. That the child will be with her during school period but will be with me during holidays. And that none of us should take the baby outside Nigeria. They have failed to obey the court injunction as they have consistently denied me access to my child up till now”.
He alleged that: “In addition, my father-in-law Mr. Godfrey Ayodele Iyama conspired with his wife Stella Iyama and their daughter Shulamite Ewoma Ozo-iyama to change my daughter’s NIN and fraudulently obtained another imternational passport for her.”
All effort to talk to the Mr Godfrey Ayodele Iyama to hear his own side of the story proved abortive.
The case is now being handled by NAPTIP
News
OBIO/AKPOR FEDERAL CONSTITUENCY FREE MEDICAL OUTREACH(PHOTOS)

The month of March was a busy one at the Obio/Akpor Federal Constituency with numerous Programmes and Trainings approved and sponsored by Rep. O. K. Chinda.
The month of April is already showing signs of being busier as we have commenced a Free 3-day Medical Outreach.
Today, which is day 1, featured Health Talks and Sensitization, with some participants going home with 10kg of rice after being attended to.
The programme continues tomorrow and will include the following: –
• Vital signs checking.
• Seeing of Doctor/optometrist.
• Laboratory/ diagnosis
• Pharmacy.
The medical outreach is anchored by Dailystar Pharmacy Nigeria Limited
“I WIN, U WIN”
From
The Media Team
Obio/Akpor Federal Constituency Office
News
Security Personnel Shoots Himself Trying To Nab Suspect In Abuja
By Kayode Sanni-Arewa
There was tension on Wednesday As vigilante operating at Dei-Dei community in Bwari Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mujahid Ibrahim (32), has reportedly shot himself while trailing a suspect in the area. Abuja Metro learnt that the bullets from his rifle injured him around his feet, with at least seven cartridges extracted from his body
He was said to be awaiting x-ray results for the possibility of more cartridges in his body.
The incident took place around 12 am in the early hours of Wednesday when the victim and his colleague intercepted a resident in the neighbourhood, they were guarding for working at late hours.
Speaking yesterday at the Kubwa General Hospital, where he was rushed to, Ibrahim said the suspect came around 12 am against the 11 pm, which was agreed upon by the members of the community.
“My colleague, who attended to him, tried in vain to make him understand the rule, but instead for him to cooperate, he resorted to violence and in an effort to scare him, I cooked my rifle pointing toward the sky. I later withdrew the rifle back to my shoulder, but forgot to pull it back and in the process of running toward him as the man was having a scuffle with my colleague, the gun fired out some bullets that hit me around my feet,’’ he said
Also speaking, his colleague, who accompanied him to the hospital, Ben Isaac, said following the incident, the resident in question disappeared but his elder brother has taken all the responsibilities including the treatment charges.
He added that a 24- hour warning was issued to him to appear or get arrested.
News
Just in: INEC dumps recall petition against Sen Natasha

The Independent National Electoral Commission,( INEC) has rejected the petition to recall the Senator representing Kogi Central, Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, inadequate.
The electoral umpire via its 𝕏 handle on Thursday, April 3, 2025, made this known in a terse statement where it disclosed that the group, who initiated the process did not meet the requirements of the constitution.
INEC in a tweet on its ‘X’ handle said; “The petition for the recall of the Senator representing the Kogi Central Senatorial District has not met the requirement of Section 69(a) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended)”.
-
News11 hours ago
Rivers APC demands Fubara’s probe over ex-HoS allegations
-
Business24 hours ago
Bank stops transfer fees on online transactions
-
Economy3 hours ago
SEE Black Market Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate Today 3rd April 2025
-
News24 hours ago
S/African Court Acquits Nigerian Pastor Of Rape, 31 Other Charges
-
News4 hours ago
Natasha: Kogi PDP hammers Ododo, reiterates unfeigned support for her
-
Economy12 hours ago
Naira rebounces against the dollar in parallel market
-
News2 hours ago
Just in: INEC dumps recall petition against Sen Natasha
-
News11 hours ago
Air Algerie Inaugural Flight to Abuja Will Strengthen Nigeria-Algeria Ties – FG