News
30,000 civil defenders deployed ahead of hunger protest

By Kayode Sanni-Arewa
Commandant-General of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Dr Abubakar Ahmed Audi, has disclosed that the Corps will deploy 30,000 personnel across Nigeria to protect critical national assets and infrastructure during the planned nationwide protest against hunger
Audi disclosed this during the opening session of his meeting with Commandants and Zonal Commandants of the Corps at the NSCDC national headquarters in Abuja on Monday, noting that the deployment was necessary as the Corps had gathered that criminals were already planning to hijack the protest and unleash mayhem on innocent Nigerians as well as national assets and critical infrastructures.
Nigerians, many of them young people, have called for demonstrations from August 1 over soaring costs.
Living costs spiked in Nigeria after President Bola Ahmed Tinubu ended the fuel subsidy and eased foreign exchange controls after coming to power in May last year.
Inflation hit record levels at 34.19 per cent in June, with food inflation more than 40.87 per cent, according to the National Bureau of Statistics.
While recognizing Nigerians’ right to protest, the NSCDC CG said it must be peaceful, warning that they don’t have the right to destroy any government’s property.
He assured that the Corps would protect peaceful protesters but also ready to arrest any troublemaker.
“Nigerians have the right to protest but tracing the history of protest in Nigeria, most have been hijacked by bad elements. Your duty is to make sure that the protest is peaceful”, he told the senior officers.
“We don’t want violence, we don’t want destruction, we don’t want killings, we don’t want……burning of properties. Do your job professionally and make sure you don’t molest any citizens.”
Audi who said the Corps was ready for the protest, said the meeting would be perfect strategies to deploy during the nationwide protest.
While appealing to Nigerians to be patient with President Bola Tinubu’s administration who he said was doing so much to improve the living conditions of Nigerians, the NSCDC CG called on parents to advise……their wards against the protest.
News
OBIO/AKPOR FEDERAL CONSTITUENCY FREE MEDICAL OUTREACH(PHOTOS)

The month of March was a busy one at the Obio/Akpor Federal Constituency with numerous Programmes and Trainings approved and sponsored by Rep. O. K. Chinda.
The month of April is already showing signs of being busier as we have commenced a Free 3-day Medical Outreach.
Today, which is day 1, featured Health Talks and Sensitization, with some participants going home with 10kg of rice after being attended to.
The programme continues tomorrow and will include the following: –
• Vital signs checking.
• Seeing of Doctor/optometrist.
• Laboratory/ diagnosis
• Pharmacy.
The medical outreach is anchored by Dailystar Pharmacy Nigeria Limited
“I WIN, U WIN”
From
The Media Team
Obio/Akpor Federal Constituency Office
News
Security Personnel Shoots Himself Trying To Nab Suspect In Abuja
By Kayode Sanni-Arewa
There was tension on Wednesday As vigilante operating at Dei-Dei community in Bwari Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mujahid Ibrahim (32), has reportedly shot himself while trailing a suspect in the area. Abuja Metro learnt that the bullets from his rifle injured him around his feet, with at least seven cartridges extracted from his body
He was said to be awaiting x-ray results for the possibility of more cartridges in his body.
The incident took place around 12 am in the early hours of Wednesday when the victim and his colleague intercepted a resident in the neighbourhood, they were guarding for working at late hours.
Speaking yesterday at the Kubwa General Hospital, where he was rushed to, Ibrahim said the suspect came around 12 am against the 11 pm, which was agreed upon by the members of the community.
“My colleague, who attended to him, tried in vain to make him understand the rule, but instead for him to cooperate, he resorted to violence and in an effort to scare him, I cooked my rifle pointing toward the sky. I later withdrew the rifle back to my shoulder, but forgot to pull it back and in the process of running toward him as the man was having a scuffle with my colleague, the gun fired out some bullets that hit me around my feet,’’ he said
Also speaking, his colleague, who accompanied him to the hospital, Ben Isaac, said following the incident, the resident in question disappeared but his elder brother has taken all the responsibilities including the treatment charges.
He added that a 24- hour warning was issued to him to appear or get arrested.
News
Just in: INEC dumps recall petition against Sen Natasha

The Independent National Electoral Commission,( INEC) has rejected the petition to recall the Senator representing Kogi Central, Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, inadequate.
The electoral umpire via its 𝕏 handle on Thursday, April 3, 2025, made this known in a terse statement where it disclosed that the group, who initiated the process did not meet the requirements of the constitution.
INEC in a tweet on its ‘X’ handle said; “The petition for the recall of the Senator representing the Kogi Central Senatorial District has not met the requirement of Section 69(a) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended)”.
-
News11 hours ago
Rivers APC demands Fubara’s probe over ex-HoS allegations
-
Economy4 hours ago
SEE Black Market Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate Today 3rd April 2025
-
News4 hours ago
Natasha: Kogi PDP hammers Ododo, reiterates unfeigned support for her
-
Economy12 hours ago
Naira rebounces against the dollar in parallel market
-
News2 hours ago
Just in: INEC dumps recall petition against Sen Natasha
-
News11 hours ago
Air Algerie Inaugural Flight to Abuja Will Strengthen Nigeria-Algeria Ties – FG
-
News7 hours ago
Just in: Finally, Trump imposes 14% tarriff on Nigeria oil, others
-
News4 hours ago
US cancels ex- president ,Nobel Peace Prize winner Oscar Arias visa