Connect with us

Metro

How two Ondo teenagers killed their boss over N60,000

Published

on

Fresh facts have emerged about how two teenagers, aged 16 and 17 conspired to brutally kill their boss, Adeni Iyabode.

The deceased was a popular caterer in Akure, Ondo State capital.

The suspects, Philip Emmanuel and Precious Kolawole who are awaiting trial for murder are presently cooling their heels in prison. They had worked with the deceased for five months and two months respectively before they brutally killed her over a paltry sum of N60,000.

Checks showed that Iyabode treated the teenagers in the same manner she treated her own children. She allowed them access to her kitchen and anywhere in her home. She talked freely in their presence and they knew her ATM PIN.

Advertisement

The late Iyabode celebrated her 54th birthday in July during which she hosted lots of guests. In the course of the celebration, it was gathered that Philip overheard a client telling his boss that N150,000 would be paid into her account.

Philip, who was described as a trusted employee of the deceased, was said to have briefed Precious about the money being expected by their boss. They both agreed that the only way to get the money was to kill her.

On July 25th, two days after the deceased celebrated her birthday, she invited her two staff to her Oda road residence in Akure, the Ondo State capital to help her clean the house without any foreboding they had other plans. She asked both staff to go to the kitchen to prepare food for themselves. It was after eating that they pounced on her while she was asleep and stabbed her severally.

The two assailants severed her head and attempted to set the body ablaze. Unfortunately, they could only withdraw N60,000 and not N150,000 . They split the money into two equal halves and fled.

Advertisement

According to a relative of the deceased, “They covered her head with a duvet and continued hitting her head. They later cut her wrist and leg. They used knives and stabbed her stomach, chest and breasts.

“In a bid to cover their tracks, the suspects attempted to set the victim ablaze but the gas refused to come up.

“They wanted to burn the whole house so that people would think it was caused by a gas explosion from the kitchen. But the gas cylinder did not explode as they planned. They then took her ATM cards and two android phones and fled the scene on that Thursday.”

Ondo State Commissioner of Police, Abayomi Oladipo, said a painstaking investigation led to the arrest of Philip. He said Philip’s voluntary statement expressed their individual degrees of involvement in the dastardly act.

Advertisement

Speaking when he was paraded, Philip denied being the mastermind. He claimed he was drugged by Precious to carry out the act.

According to him, “I am here because I killed my madam. Last month, I worked with her for five months. I was her cook. She just employed a driver who has only worked for two weeks.

One day, the driver came to me and said N150,000 just entered madam’s account. He told me we should kill my madam and collect the money. I said I have not killed someone before.

“On Saturday, madam said I should come and help her wash clothes because she was very tired. The driver came around and madam was surprised but the driver explained that he wanted to help her.

Advertisement

“That day, the driver brought a drink and gave it to me. I drank it. He brought out a cutlass and started threatening me that he would also kill me.

“We went into the house and he pushed me inside. He said I should use the cutlass to hit the woman. I did it. But I started crying.

“After we killed the woman, the driver went to check the money in the account and found only N60,000. He gave me N30,000. I went to Idanre.

“After four days, we heard the woman had died. Police called us to come and explain when last we saw the woman. I told them and they asked me to go home.

Advertisement

“They called me again and told me I am in communication with the driver. I had to confess.”

Precious, who was arrested after two months of being on the run, denied being the mastermind.

He said it was Philip who planned the killing and lured him into the act.

“I am a waiter to her. Two of us were involved in the killing. I was only given a phone and N30,000. It was the second boy that heard about the money. He called me and we did the act.

Advertisement

“I used part of the money and dashed out the rest of the money. I stay with my parents here in Akure. I am still in secondary school.

“I wanted to be an engineer. I know how to drive any kind of truck.”

The Ondo Police Commissioner cautioned Nigerians on discussing sensitive financial information, especially around employees or individuals who might misuse such knowledge.

“Avoid openly discussing financial transactions or other personal matters in the presence of staff or others who do not need to be informed.”

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro

Police uncover ‘yahoo’ training school in Lagos, arrest suspects

Published

on

By

The Lagos State Police Command has uncovered a building in the Iju area of Lagos State, used for internet fraud training.

Popularly called “Yahoo School’, the command said four Yahoo experts who had been running the school were arrested alongside six trainees who were undergoing training in cybercrime and fraud during the operation.

Nine of the suspects were between ages 20 and 26, while the tenth, a trainee, is 12 years old.
Consequently, the command has directed owner of the facility to turn himself in for investigation.

Preliminary investigations according to the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Benjamin Hudenyin, revealed that the principal suspects of the facility recruited their trainees from Anambra State and engaged them to commit internet fraud and other related crimes.
He said the proceeds from their fraudulent activities were confiscated by the principal suspects.

Advertisement

Hudenyin said: “All suspects have been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID Yaba, for further discreet investigation and prosecution.

“Efforts are ongoing to apprehend the sponsors who financed the trainees’ enrollment in the school as well as the owner of the facility where these criminal and illegal activities took place. The owner of the facility is hereby warned in his own interest to turn himself in immediately, at the SCID Panti from wherever he is hiding.The Lagos State Police Command will ensure that all suspects are charged to court for prosecution upon the conclusion of the investigation into the case”

He noted that ” In line with due process of the law, the underage suspect among them, Minachi Ugochukwu, 12 years old, with healing marks of injuries on his body allegedly inflicted on him by the main principal suspect to compel him into the commission of the criminal acts, is being given medical attention and kept in protective custody till his relatives are identified and reunited with him”

He therefore advised parents and guardians to monitor the activities of their children and wards , with a view to preventing them from being ” exploited, lured, or compelled into criminal activities”.

Advertisement

Furthermore, Hudenyin called on members of the public who had fallen victim to the fraudulent activities of the syndicate to visit the SCID, Yaba, with their complaints.

“The Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Command, CP Olohundare Jimoh, also commends the police personnel involved in this operation for their dedication and professionalism that resulted in this success.

“CP Jimoh assures all Lagosians that the Command remains resolute and committed to combating all forms of crimes and criminalities, including cybercrime tagged “yahoo”.He urges residents to report every suspicious activity or incident to the Police in their localities for prompt police action.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Metro

Mortuary Attendants Arrested Over Dead Man’s Missing Genitals

Published

on

By

There was pandemonium resulting from a sad discovery by relations of a deceased young man in Abia state, that his testicles were missing in a mortuary his remains were kept.

The situation led to the destruction of the mortuary and near lynching of it’s workers in Umuezibe, Obingwa area, along the Aba/Ikot Ekpene highway, where it is located.

The deceased, whose name was simple given as Chimaobi, in his twenties, was allegedly electrocuted while fiddling with high tension electricity cables in Abayi Okorator, in the same area with his corpse kept in the mortuary, pending burial.

However, things got awry, when youths from his (the deceased) community went to retrieve his corpse only to discover that his genitals were missing from the body they were being shown by the attendants who thereafter, tried to escape but got apprehended.

Advertisement

The situation got so tensed that relations of dead person’s whose bodies were deposited in the mortuary quickly came to remove them either for immediate burial or to other locations, as the youths insisted on destroying the facility.

Eyewitness account told our correspondent that a quick intervention of the police in Eastern Ngwa, saved the mortuary attendants who were said to have been taken into custody.

A senior police source in the area, said the situation was under control, though he didn’t speak further on the issue.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Metro

School teacher arrested for sexually molesting 7 year-old pupil in Osun

Published

on

By

Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Osun State Command has apprehended a male school teacher, identified as Ahmadan Rufai Akorede, for allegedly molesting a seven-year-old female pupil in Ilesa.

Corps Public Relations Officer, Kehinde Adeleke, in a statement, revealed that the 22-year-old teacher abused the pupil sexually by thrusting his manhood into her mouth many times.

The State Commandant of the Corps, Igbalawole Sotiyo, said a discreet investigation revealed that the school teacher started molesting the girl sometime last year, 2024.

According to his confessional statement, when it was closing time, he asked the victim to close all windows in a classroom and thrust his manhood into her mouth.

Advertisement

The suspect reportedly confessed further that the second incident happened on March 20, 2025, after school hours. It was only the teacher and the girl that were in the class and he pressed her buttocks.

Meanwhile, Adeleke said the suspect was arraigned by NSCDC on Wednesday 26th March, 2025 before the Magistrate Court in Ilesha where he pleaded not guilty to the one count charge and was subsequently remanded at the correctional service in Ilesa.

The matter was adjourned for trial.

Commandant Sotiyo expressed displeasure that despite the government’s commitment to the severe maximum punishment for those involved in child molestation and rape cases, some individuals would continue to involve in such acts.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2024 Naija Blitz News