Connect with us

Metro

UNBELIEVABLE! Policemen reject N1m  bribe, nab suspect

Published

on

The Police Command in Imo has arrested two suspected child traffickers and rescued two stolen children in separate operations.

The command’s spokesman, DSP Henry Okoye, disclosed this in a statement on Thursday.

Okoye said in a strong display of professionalism, operatives of the command rejected a N1m bribe to ensure justice prevailed in one of the operations.

“On Feb. 21, operatives of the Safer Highway Unit, while conducting a robust stop-and-search on the Owerri – Aba Express Road, apprehended one Eze Chika, 45.

Advertisement

“The suspect was found with a stolen four-year-old child.

“Initially, she claimed the child was hers but later admitted to purchasing the child from a suspected child trafficking syndicate in Aba for N1.8m,” Okoye stated.

According to him, in a desperate attempt to evade arrest, the suspect offered the officers N1m bribe, which was outrightly rejected.

He said the officers proceeded with the lawful arrest and ensured the safe rescue of the child.

Advertisement

He added that further investigations revealed possible links to a larger trafficking network, adding that more arrests are expected.

Okoye also said detectives of the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) arrested a 32-year-old woman, Confidence Odo

for allegedly abducting her ex-neighbor’s son.

He said investigations revealed that Odoh, who was arrested on Feb. 4, stole the child while he was playing in the compound where he resides.

Advertisement

“The child was rescued and reunited with his parents, Mr and Mrs Michael Ududiri, while efforts are ongoing to apprehend possible accomplices.”

He reiterated the command’s commitment to combating child trafficking and other organised crimes in the state.

The police spokesman urged residents, particularly parents, to be vigilant and monitor their children closely.

He urged the public to report suspicious activities to the nearest Police Station or call any of the following numbers: 0803 477 3600 and 08148024755.

Advertisement

Metro

Police uncover ‘yahoo’ training school in Lagos, arrest suspects

Published

on

By

The Lagos State Police Command has uncovered a building in the Iju area of Lagos State, used for internet fraud training.

Popularly called “Yahoo School’, the command said four Yahoo experts who had been running the school were arrested alongside six trainees who were undergoing training in cybercrime and fraud during the operation.

Nine of the suspects were between ages 20 and 26, while the tenth, a trainee, is 12 years old.
Consequently, the command has directed owner of the facility to turn himself in for investigation.

Preliminary investigations according to the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Benjamin Hudenyin, revealed that the principal suspects of the facility recruited their trainees from Anambra State and engaged them to commit internet fraud and other related crimes.
He said the proceeds from their fraudulent activities were confiscated by the principal suspects.

Advertisement

Hudenyin said: “All suspects have been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID Yaba, for further discreet investigation and prosecution.

“Efforts are ongoing to apprehend the sponsors who financed the trainees’ enrollment in the school as well as the owner of the facility where these criminal and illegal activities took place. The owner of the facility is hereby warned in his own interest to turn himself in immediately, at the SCID Panti from wherever he is hiding.The Lagos State Police Command will ensure that all suspects are charged to court for prosecution upon the conclusion of the investigation into the case”

He noted that ” In line with due process of the law, the underage suspect among them, Minachi Ugochukwu, 12 years old, with healing marks of injuries on his body allegedly inflicted on him by the main principal suspect to compel him into the commission of the criminal acts, is being given medical attention and kept in protective custody till his relatives are identified and reunited with him”

He therefore advised parents and guardians to monitor the activities of their children and wards , with a view to preventing them from being ” exploited, lured, or compelled into criminal activities”.

Advertisement

Furthermore, Hudenyin called on members of the public who had fallen victim to the fraudulent activities of the syndicate to visit the SCID, Yaba, with their complaints.

“The Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Command, CP Olohundare Jimoh, also commends the police personnel involved in this operation for their dedication and professionalism that resulted in this success.

“CP Jimoh assures all Lagosians that the Command remains resolute and committed to combating all forms of crimes and criminalities, including cybercrime tagged “yahoo”.He urges residents to report every suspicious activity or incident to the Police in their localities for prompt police action.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Metro

Mortuary Attendants Arrested Over Dead Man’s Missing Genitals

Published

on

By

There was pandemonium resulting from a sad discovery by relations of a deceased young man in Abia state, that his testicles were missing in a mortuary his remains were kept.

The situation led to the destruction of the mortuary and near lynching of it’s workers in Umuezibe, Obingwa area, along the Aba/Ikot Ekpene highway, where it is located.

The deceased, whose name was simple given as Chimaobi, in his twenties, was allegedly electrocuted while fiddling with high tension electricity cables in Abayi Okorator, in the same area with his corpse kept in the mortuary, pending burial.

However, things got awry, when youths from his (the deceased) community went to retrieve his corpse only to discover that his genitals were missing from the body they were being shown by the attendants who thereafter, tried to escape but got apprehended.

Advertisement

The situation got so tensed that relations of dead person’s whose bodies were deposited in the mortuary quickly came to remove them either for immediate burial or to other locations, as the youths insisted on destroying the facility.

Eyewitness account told our correspondent that a quick intervention of the police in Eastern Ngwa, saved the mortuary attendants who were said to have been taken into custody.

A senior police source in the area, said the situation was under control, though he didn’t speak further on the issue.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Metro

School teacher arrested for sexually molesting 7 year-old pupil in Osun

Published

on

By

Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Osun State Command has apprehended a male school teacher, identified as Ahmadan Rufai Akorede, for allegedly molesting a seven-year-old female pupil in Ilesa.

Corps Public Relations Officer, Kehinde Adeleke, in a statement, revealed that the 22-year-old teacher abused the pupil sexually by thrusting his manhood into her mouth many times.

The State Commandant of the Corps, Igbalawole Sotiyo, said a discreet investigation revealed that the school teacher started molesting the girl sometime last year, 2024.

According to his confessional statement, when it was closing time, he asked the victim to close all windows in a classroom and thrust his manhood into her mouth.

Advertisement

The suspect reportedly confessed further that the second incident happened on March 20, 2025, after school hours. It was only the teacher and the girl that were in the class and he pressed her buttocks.

Meanwhile, Adeleke said the suspect was arraigned by NSCDC on Wednesday 26th March, 2025 before the Magistrate Court in Ilesha where he pleaded not guilty to the one count charge and was subsequently remanded at the correctional service in Ilesa.

The matter was adjourned for trial.

Commandant Sotiyo expressed displeasure that despite the government’s commitment to the severe maximum punishment for those involved in child molestation and rape cases, some individuals would continue to involve in such acts.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2024 Naija Blitz News