News
Sad: Kola Olawuyi’s widow, Abimbola, is dead
- /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 27
https://naijablitznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/07/IMG_8857.jpeg&description=Sad: Kola Olawuyi’s widow, Abimbola, is dead', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
- Share
- Tweet /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 72
https://naijablitznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/07/IMG_8857.jpeg&description=Sad: Kola Olawuyi’s widow, Abimbola, is dead', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
Abimbola, the widow of the late investigative broadcaster and storyteller Kola Olawuyi, has died.
She passed away 19 years after her husband, who was famed for his programme ‘Nnkan Nbe’ a show that explored eerie and captivating topics, including the supernatural.
Olawuyi, who served as Managing Director of Kolbims Communications, died in March 2007 at a Lagos hospital.
Yomi Ayano, a former colleague of the late broadcaster, confirmed the death of his late boss’s widow in a statement posted on his Facebook page on Tuesday. Mr Ayano, who did not disclose the cause of Abimbola’s death, confirmed she passed away on Monday.
He writes: “Yes, it is true. The wife of my late boss, Akolawole Olawuyi, Pastor (Mrs) Taiwo Abimbola Olawuyi, joined her husband on 6 July 2026.
“Thanks to all the friends and followers of Nkan Nla, and all the associates of our former Kolbim Communication Ltd and Irinkerindo Arole Akolawole Olawuyi programmes, who have been calling me for confirmation.
“May her soul rest in peace.
” Please await further genuine information from us.”
PM News reported on Tuesday that a family source described Abimbola as the pillar of the household. The source said she assumed the responsibilities left behind following her husband’s death.
According to the source, the late Abimbola, a pastor, was a dedicated mother whose resilience, calm strength, and steadfast commitment held the family together throughout the difficult years that followed the veteran journalist’s passing. The source added that her death has left relatives, friends and well-wishers grieving, noting that funeral arrangements would be announced later.
“Her death is truly painful. She had been taking care of the family and the four children left by her husband, Kola Olawuyi, and now the children are orphans. Only God knows what lies ahead for them. I am deeply pained,” PM News quoted the source as saying.
In a 2018 interview with Asabe Afrika TV, the late Abimbola reflected that life had not been easy since the death of her husband. She said she remained grateful to God for giving her the strength to persevere and continue the ministry established by the late broadcaster.
Olawuyi, who grew up in Ibadan, Oyo State, was born to Williams Inaolaji Olawuyi and Alhaja Olawuyi. He built a distinguished career at the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria, where he introduced the influential programme ‘Ìrírí Ayé’ in 1992. The programme created a distinct identity in Nigerian broadcasting and soon attracted a large audience.
Before his death, Olawuyi was nearing the completion of a Master’s degree in Communication Arts at the University of Ibadan. She is survived by their four children.
News
BREAKING: Gov Adeleke narrowly escapes death as gunmen attack convoy
Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, reportedly escaped unhurt on Wednesday after suspected thugs attacked his convoy shortly after he left the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Oyetunji.
The attack triggered an exchange of gunfire between the suspected attackers and security personnel attached to the governor’s convoy.
The shooting reportedly lasted between 12 and 15 minutes, causing tension around the palace and its environs.
Adeleke had visited the Ataoja’s palace shortly after receiving his Certificate of Return from the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) at the commission’s state headquarters in Osogbo, following his victory in the recent Osun State governorship election.
The governor arrived at the monarch’s palace at about 3:15 p.m. in a motorcade of approximately 20 vehicles.
An eyewitness, who spoke under the condition of anonymity for security reasons, said Adeleke and members of his entourage were received by Oba Oyetunji.
According to the eyewitness, the governor presented his Certificate of Return to the traditional ruler during the visit before departing the palace.
However, shortly after the governor’s convoy left the palace, suspected thugs reportedly launched an attack, leading to an exchange of gunfire with security operatives.
The circumstances surrounding the attack, including the identity and motive of the suspected attackers, were not immediately clear at the time of filing this report.
The incident comes shortly after the conclusion of the Osun governorship election, in which Adeleke was declared the winner by INEC and secured another term in office.
Security agencies are expected to investigate the incident and determine those responsible for the attack.
News
Kwara APC Candidate’s Supporters Distribute Pillows to Market Women in 2027 Campaign Drive
Supporters of the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate for the Ilorin East/South Federal Constituency, Abdulqowiyu “Cook” Olododo, have distributed pillows to traders and market women at Ipata Market in Ilorin, Kwara State, as part of their grassroots mobilisation ahead of the 2027 general elections.
The items were distributed on Tuesday by members of the A.C.O Forum, a support group backing Olododo’s bid to represent the constituency in the House of Representatives.
The outreach formed part of the forum’s door-to-door and market-to-market campaign aimed at engaging residents and building support for the APC candidate ahead of the election.
Members of the group moved around the market, interacting with traders, residents and other community members while distributing the pillows.
The forum described the exercise as a gesture of goodwill and community engagement, while also using the opportunity to promote Olododo’s candidacy and mobilise support for his 2027 ambition.
During the exercise, members of the group also listened to concerns raised by residents and discussed political participation and the need for citizens to remain actively involved in the electoral process.
In a statement signed by the Chairman of the A.C.O Youth Forum, Afeez Kolawole, and the Secretary, Akeem Ibrahim, the group said the initiative was part of its broader grassroots engagement strategy.
“The ongoing door-to-door and market outreach is aimed at building meaningful relationships, understanding the needs of the people, promoting peaceful political participation, and encouraging residents to remain informed and involved in matters affecting their communities,” the forum said.
The group said its mobilisation strategy was designed to take political engagement beyond rallies and other large gatherings by reaching residents directly in markets, homes and communities.
It added that similar outreach activities would be extended to other communities and wards across the constituency in the coming days.
The forum described its campaign approach as: “A.C.O Forum — Taking the Message to the People, One Household and Community at a Time.”
Olododo is seeking the APC ticket to represent the Ilorin East/South Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives in the 2027 general elections.
News
2027: Defence minister warns, no amount of security measures can work once politicians decide to go violent
The Minister of Defence, Gen. Christopher Musa (retd.), has warned that no security arrangement can guarantee peaceful and credible elections in 2027 if political actors resort to violence, misinformation and other forms of electoral malpractice.
Musa, who spoke through his Senior Special Adviser on Policy and Strategy, Maj.-Gen. Olufemi Akinjobi (retd.), at the eighth Blueprint Newspaper Lecture and Awards, said the responsibility for peaceful elections extended beyond security agencies to political parties, candidates, the media, civil society and the electorate.
He said political actors must view elections as a democratic contest rather than warfare, stressing that national interest should take precedence over partisan considerations.
“No security architecture, regardless of how sophisticated, can guarantee peaceful elections if political actors choose violence over dialogue. No electoral law can succeed where misinformation is allowed to replace truth. No democratic institution can flourish where citizens lose faith in the rule of law,” Musa said.
The minister outlined a six-point framework for strengthening election security ahead of the 2027 general elections.
The framework includes intelligence integration, threat assessment, protection of digital infrastructure, cyber resilience, civil-military coordination and strategic communication.
According to him, the Armed Forces will work with the Office of the National Security Adviser, the Nigeria Police Force, the Department of State Services, the Defence Intelligence Agency, the Independent National Electoral Commission and other relevant institutions to ensure that their constitutional responsibilities are carried out professionally and impartially.
Musa also dismissed concerns about partisan interests within the military, insisting that the Armed Forces had no stake in determining the outcome of elections.
“The Armed Forces have no partisan interest in the outcome of elections. Our institutional interest is that Nigeria remains peaceful, united and secure, and that every lawful responsibility assigned to us is carried out with honour, professionalism and accountability.”
He urged political parties and candidates to respect democratic institutions and the rule of law, while calling on the media to promote responsible reporting and counter the spread of misinformation.
The minister also appealed to civil society organisations, traditional and religious leaders to intensify civic education and encourage peaceful participation in the electoral process.
He particularly urged Nigerian youths to reject political violence and avoid being used by politicians to disrupt the electoral process.
Musa said building a peaceful electoral environment required collective commitment from all stakeholders, noting that security agencies alone could not guarantee credible and violence-free elections without the cooperation of political actors and citizens.
-
News17 hours agoPastor queries Tonto Dikeh for setting up church
-
Metro17 hours agoNigerian Foluso Omole arrested while fleeing Australia, charged over $5 million fraud
-
Entertainment17 hours agoSenate President Akpabio, Dangote Called Me, Asked Me To Delete Posts On Osun Election –Davido
-
News24 hours agoFAAC Distributes N3.007tn July Revenue as States Get Bigger VAT Share Under New Tax Regime
-
News8 hours agoPainful! 24 Plateau Attack Victims Receive Mass Burial as Women Protest Killings
-
News8 hours agoWike Stops Use Of FCT Green Areas As Car Dealership Lots, Others
-
News17 hours agoTinubu missing as 19 presidential candidates sign peace accord
-
News17 hours agoDavido vows not to apologize posting Okpebolo’s ‘fine’ WAEC results
