News
Wike Orders Demolition Of Illegal Estate Built On Land Allocated For Park and Recreation In Guzape District, Inspects Ongoing Projects+Photos
- /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 27
https://naijablitznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/03/9036765d-e1bf-4253-b597-ff78be76ba7e-1-1000x600.jpeg&description=Wike Orders Demolition Of Illegal Estate Built On Land Allocated For Park and Recreation In Guzape District, Inspects Ongoing Projects+Photos', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
- Share
- Tweet /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 72
https://naijablitznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/03/9036765d-e1bf-4253-b597-ff78be76ba7e-1-1000x600.jpeg&description=Wike Orders Demolition Of Illegal Estate Built On Land Allocated For Park and Recreation In Guzape District, Inspects Ongoing Projects+Photos', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has announced plans by the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) to revoke approvals granted to a developer who illegally transformed a designated Park and Recreation area in Guzape, Abuja, into a residential estate.

Wike stated that the action followed the discovery of the violation during an inspection tour of ongoing projects across the territory on Monday, March 26, 2026.
He stressed that the administration would strictly enforce planning regulations and ensure that Abuja’s master plan is not compromised.
Wike stated that the action followed the discovery of the violation during an inspection tour of ongoing projects across the territory on Monday the 16th of March, 2026.

He stressed that the administration would strictly enforce planning regulations and ensure that Abuja’s master plan is not compromised.
He explained that the illegal structures had already been marked for demolition, warning that the government would not tolerate deliberate violations of land-use approvals.

He added that, “This place was given for Park and Recreation, not for the development of an estate. But from what you have seen, they are developing it into an estate, which is a clear violation. We will not allow that. ”
Wike noted that the administration will also withdraw any approval previously granted to the developer, stressing that government would enforce planning regulations regardless of those involved.
He lamented that many developers deliberately flout planning laws because they believe government officials would eventually leave office, allowing them to regularize illegal developments.
According to Wike, “People think government will come and go and they will continue what they are doing. We will not allow that here. It does not matter who is involved; we will do the right thing.”
The Minister who made referenced to a recent demolished illegal structures built on land allocated to foreign embassies in Katampe district, he hinted that the administration had written to the affected diplomatic missions to reclaim and develop their properties.
He stressed that, some developers has taken the advantage of bureaucratic loopholes and sometimes collaborate with insiders within government agencies to obtain approvals for illegal projects.
“An armed robber cannot operate without someone linking him. There must be collaborators somewhere. In some cases, civil servants may be involved, but that will not stop us from doing what is right,” he said.
Wike explained that funds are already budgeted for development control activities, including the demolition of illegal structures across the capital city.
Despite the enforcement actions, the minister said the primary purpose of the inspection tour was to assess progress on several major road projects expected to be inaugurated during the third anniversary of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
He said one of the projects inspected was the road network linking the Renewed Hope City in Karsana to Kubwa, which is being handled by Lubrik Construction.
According to him, the contractor has made significant progress and the project is expected to be ready for inauguration.
Wike also inspected the Arteria N16 interchange project from Ring road 2 to Ring road 3 linking Jahi and Gwarimpa, describing the quality of work as impressive and expressing confidence that the project would be completed by the end of May.
The minister further visited the Airport Road–Kuje highway being constructed by Arab Contractors, where the final beam of a major bridge along the corridor is currently being installed.
He said the project would significantly improve connectivity between Abuja city and Kuje Area Council, enabling residents to commute easily.
“If that road is completed, people will not need to stay in the city. You can live in Kuje, come to work in Abuja and return comfortably,” Wike said.
The minister also inspected the ongoing 13 kilometers road project linking Kuje area council to Gwagwalada, being executed by Gilmore Construction company.
He explained that the 13-kilometre road had been divided into two segments of about 6.5 kilometres each, with the contractor promising to deliver the first segment soon while work continues on the second phase.
According to Wike, road construction remains central to the administration’s broader transportation strategy for the Federal Capital Territory.
“You cannot have a good transport system without connectivity and a strong road network. When there is good road infrastructure, transport becomes easy and efficient,” he said.
The minister reiterated that the administration would continue to enforce planning regulations while delivering infrastructure that improves mobility and opens up communities across the Federal Capital Territory.
News
BALLOT BOX NIGERIA TV REALITY SHOW: Nigeria’s Biggest Democratic Reality Television
By Kayode Sanni-Arewa
72 HOUSEMATES. 100 LIVE CAMERAS. 62 DAYS. ₦150 MILLION CASH PRIZE. ONE NATION. ONE DEMOCRATIC STAGE.
ABUJA, NIGERIA — Nigeria is set for what organisers describe as an unprecedented fusion of reality television, civic participation, democratic education and national entertainment as the BALLOT BOX NIGERIA TV REALITY SHOW prepares to open its doors to Nigerians between the ages of 18 and 45.
Powered by BTV TELEVISION NETWORK, the ambitious television project is designed to create a unique national platform where young and middle-aged Nigerians can experience, debate and demonstrate the principles of democratic leadership in a live reality-show environment.
The project is expected to bring 72 housemates together for 62 days of nonstop television, supported by 100 live cameras, with organisers projecting the potential to reach an audience of up to 100 million viewers across Nigeria.
At the centre of the attraction is a headline ₦150 million cash prize, alongside the opportunity to win a house and a Jeep, making the project one of the most ambitious proposed prize-driven television productions in Nigeria.
THE BALLOT BOX HOUSE GOES LIVE OCTOBER 1
According to the organisers, the BALLOT BOX NIGERIA TV REALITY SHOW HOUSE is scheduled to commence live broadcasting from 7:00 PM GMT on October 1, 2026, through dedicated channels planned for DStv, GOtv and StarTimes platforms.
The organisers also plan daily highlights and major programme content through leading Nigerian television and news platforms, including AIT, NTA, Arise News, TVC News and News Central, subject to broadcast and commercial arrangements.
The concept is designed to transform the traditional reality-TV experience by putting democracy, leadership, public opinion, accountability, competition and civic participation at the heart of the entertainment.
REGISTRATION OPENS SEPTEMBER 1
Prospective housemates are expected to register between September 1 and September 14, 2026.
Applicants must be:
– Nigerian citizens;
– Between 18 and 45 years old;
– Prepared to participate in a highly competitive national reality television environment;
– Ready to demonstrate leadership, communication, teamwork, problem-solving and democratic values.
The organisers say registration and public engagement will be promoted through Facebook, X, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube and WhatsApp, alongside the project’s online platforms.
A NEW OPPORTUNITY FOR CORPORATE NIGERIA
Beyond the housemates and viewers, the BALLOT BOX NIGERIA TV REALITY SHOW is positioning itself as a major potential commercial and institutional platform for organisations seeking meaningful engagement with Nigeria’s enormous youth, entertainment, media and consumer markets.
The organisers are calling on government democratic institutions, financial institutions, commercial banks, development-finance institutions, telecommunications companies, technology companies, television networks, media organisations, brand owners and private-sector investors to explore sponsorship and strategic partnership opportunities.
Potential partners could participate through headline sponsorship, financial partnerships, technology partnerships, broadcast partnerships, telecommunications partnerships, consumer-product integration, financial literacy initiatives, civic education programmes, advertising, branded entertainment, housemate challenges and national audience engagement campaigns.
The project offers sponsors an opportunity to associate their brands with a large-scale national television platform combining entertainment with democratic and civic themes.
A PLATFORM FOR DEMOCRACY, LEADERSHIP AND ENTERTAINMENT
Organisers insist that the show is intended to go beyond conventional reality television.
The BALLOT BOX NIGERIA TV REALITY SHOW is conceived as a platform where participants can debate ideas, compete in leadership-oriented tasks, engage in public-policy discussions and experience simulated democratic processes while millions of Nigerians watch and participate.
Its central message is simple:
LET THE PEOPLE WATCH. LET THE PEOPLE DEBATE. LET THE PEOPLE DECIDE.
With 100 live cameras documenting the activities of the housemates, the show promises an unprecedented level of continuous access to the BALLOT BOX HOUSE.
The organisers believe the combination of reality television, democratic participation, celebrity entertainment, social media interaction and national audience voting could create a powerful new media property.
A CALL TO HOUSEMATES AND SPONSORS
For prospective housemates, the message is clear: this is an opportunity to enter a national stage where your personality, ideas, leadership qualities and ability to connect with Nigerians can be tested before a massive audience.
For sponsors and strategic partners, the proposition is equally significant: this is an opportunity to become part of a potentially transformational Nigerian television project at its foundation.
The organisers are therefore inviting interested government democratic institutions, banks, financial-support institutions, telecommunications companies, television stations, technology companies, private-sector investors and major Nigerian and international brands to discuss sponsorship and strategic partnership opportunities.
THE COUNTDOWN HAS BEGUN
Registration: September 1–14, 2026
Number of Housemates: 72
Duration: 62 Days
Live Cameras: 100
Headline Cash Prize: ₦150 Million
Additional Prizes: House + Jeep
Projected Reach: Up to 100 Million Viewers
Live Broadcast: From October 1, 2026 — 7:00 PM GMT
Platforms: DStv, GOtv & StarTimes, subject to final broadcast arrangements
Powered by: BTV TELEVISION NETWORK
SPONSORSHIP & PARTNERSHIP ENQUIRIES
09020033004
09050503077
OFFICIAL ONLINE PLATFORMS
“BALLOT BOX NIGERIA TV REALITY SHOW Website” (https://reference-url-citation.invalid/0)
“BALLOT BOX NIGERIA TV REALITY SHOW Blog” (https://reference-url-citation.invalid/1)
BALLOT BOX NIGERIA TV REALITY SHOW
100 LIVE CAMERAS. 72 HOUSEMATES. 62 DAYS. ₦150 MILLION. ONE NATION WATCHING.
Powered by BTV TELEVISION NETWORK
News
Unleashing unusual loyalty: Edo APC chairman, Tenebe, reportedly threatens to ‘kpai’ critics over FB post on Gov Okpebholo
The Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Edo State, Jarrett Tenebe, has displayed an unusual loyalty by threatening to kill a critic following a social media report alleging that Governor Monday Okpebholo travelled to Abuja to protest his exclusion from the APC Presidential Campaign Council.
The controversy started with a Facebook post by Samuel Iyobosa, who claimed that Okpebholo had travelled to Abuja to protest his alleged exclusion from the APC Presidential Campaign Council.
Tenebe reacted to Iyobosa’s post by threatening him, stating, “Bastard stop lying and if you continue you die.”
The threat subsequently triggered further exchanges between Tenebe and other social media users who commented on the development.
One of the users, Baron Mike, wrote, “Nehizena Ogunrobo see as party chairman dey react. Brainless man.”
In response, Tenebe allegedly wrote, “Baron Mike talk nonsense you die because you are talking rubbish.”
Tenebe also directed another comment at Baron Mike, stating, “Baron Mike Baron Mike come to Nigeria and talk.”
News
CCTV Captures Armed Robbery Suspects at Benin City Hair Shop, Luxury Wigs Worth Millions Stolen
CCTV has captured the moment a hair vendor in Benin City, Edo State, was allegedly robbed by armed individuals who made away with luxury wigs reportedly worth millions of naira.
The incident occurred on Saturday at a hair shop located on Tony Anenih Road, off Ebenezer School Road, Ihama, GRA, Benin City.
According to the shop owner, who operates the Instagram account @official.pricelessstrands, the suspects had visited the shop a day earlier pretending to make enquiries about getting a customer’s hair done.
She said they returned a few hours later and carried out the robbery after another man, allegedly armed with a gun, arrived at the premises.
Sharing clearer CCTV footage of the incident on Instagram, the vendor alleged that the suspects initially sat in the waiting area, pretending they were waiting for a third person to make payment for a braiding session.
She wrote that as soon as the man arrived with a gun, the group began the operation.
According to her account, the robbers forced the two staff members on duty into an inner office where the shop’s more expensive luxury hair products were stored. They then packed several bags containing wigs and other hair products before locking the employees inside the office and fleeing the scene.
The business owner said one of the suspects was captured clearly on the CCTV footage, while another suspect, described as a woman wearing a black top with a noticeable facial scar, had also visited the shop the previous day under the guise of making enquiries.
She appealed to members of the public to help identify the suspects by sharing the CCTV footage widely on social media.
«”This is the face of one of the armed robbers who just robbed my office. Himself and the scar-faced lady on black top came yesterday in the guise of making enquiries about making her hair, only for them to return today to rob the office and loot hairs worth millions in several bags,” she said.»
The hair vendor called on security agencies and residents of Benin City to assist in identifying and apprehending those responsible for the robbery.
As of the time of filing this report, there was no official statement from the Edo State Police Command regarding the incident or whether any arrests had been made.
The CCTV footage has since been circulated online as the shop owner seeks public assistance in bringing the suspects to justice.
-
Metro11 hours agoFear engulfs ISWAP leadership as military neutralize senior commander
-
News12 hours agoAtiku begs FBI not to cover Tinubu says president is red signal to Nigerians not US citizens
-
Metro11 hours agoSad! Four family members die after consuming ‘amala’ in Kogi
-
Economy12 hours agoUK Moves Against Chemical in Gel Nail Products Over Reproductive Health Concerns
-
Entertainment11 hours agoObi Cubana gifts Pastor Jerry Eze mansion for birthday
-
News12 hours ago2027: NDC targets 1m votes for Obi/Kwankwaso in FCT
-
News11 hours agoUmahi’s 28-year-old son clinches Ebonyi LG chairmanship
-
News4 hours ago101-year-old great grandma nabbed as NDLEA intercepts cocaine in fufu (Photos)
