Connect with us

News

Drama As Sanusi, Bayero Hold Court In 2 Palaces

Published

on

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

By Kayode Sanni-Arewa

The last 48 hours have seen series of drama and intrigues playing out in Kano and Abuja over who finally takes the coveted throne as Emir of Kano between Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi II Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero.

Since Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf signed the Kano State Emirates Council (Amendment Number 2) Bill 2024 on Thursday and reinstated Sanusi, there has been tension in Kano State.

It was gathered that the state government had planned for Sanusi to move to the Gidan Rumfa Palace on Saturday, but upon getting wind of Bayero’s arrival in the city in the wee hours of yesterday, the process was hastened, and Sanusi was escorted to the palace before daybreak. This development, sources within the royal family disclosed, compeled Bayero to move into the mini palace in Nassarawa, upon his arrival in the commercial city.

Advertisement

It was gathered on Sunday that Sanusi arrived at the palace in the company of the governor, the deputy governor, the speaker of the State Assembly and other top government functionaries at about 1:00am.

Kano’s dangerous ‘Game of Thrones’
On the other hand, Bayero, who had oaid a visit to the Awujale of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Adetona in Ogun State, before his dethronement, was received in Kano by a crowd in the early hours of Saturday. He moved to the mini palace in Nassarawa with a security cover from officers of the military, the police and the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), fueling speculations that he enjoyed the federal government’s backing.

Before then, there had been insinuations that a top federal government official had facilitated issuance of the injunction granted by Justice A. M. Liman of the Federal High Court in Kano, which restrained the state government from implementing the new emirate law under which Sanusi was reinstated as the Emir of Kano.

There were series of drama yesterday in Gidan Dabo as well as in Gidan Nassarawa as people loyal to the two cousins pay homage to them separately.

Advertisement

NSA denies organising flight for deposed emir

The deputy governor of Kano, Aminu Abdusalam Gwarzo, while speaking from the Gidan Rumfa Palace, where Sanusi had earlier moved to, alleged that the National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu, arranged two jets to fly the dethroned emir into Kano.

“We have not understood their intention,” he said.

But responding, the spokesperson of the Office of the NSA, Zakari Mijinyawa, said the allegation was untrue.

Advertisement

He said: “Political actors should desist from misinforming the public as law enforcement officials in the state strive to maintain peace and order,” Mijinyawa said.

Meanwhile, Ribadu’s lawyer, Sanusi Musa, SAN, has asked the deputy governor to retract the allegation.

“You have, without any justification, ridiculed the exalted office of the National Security Adviser, which our client occupies by portraying it as a ready tool to be used by politicians to achieve political goals. You have also ridiculed the personality of our client who has built a reputation as a principled and honest citizen in both his public and private life,” the lawyer told the deputy governor.

Police vow to enforce court order against Sanusi’s reinstatement

Advertisement

The Commissioner of Police in the state, Usaini Mohammed Gumel, yesterday ignored Governor Yusuf’s order for Bayero’s arrest and said the police would enforce the court order stopping Sanusi’s reinstatement.

The governor had, according to a statement by his spokesman, Sanusi Bature Dawakin Tofa, accused Bayero of creating tension in the state.

“The former emir was smuggled into Kano city last night in an attempt to forcefully return to the palace two days after being deposed by the governor.

“As the Chief Security Officer of the state, His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Kano State, Alhaji Abba Kabir Yusuf, has directed the Commissioner of Police to arrest the deposed Emir with immediate effect for disturbing public peace and attempting to destroy the relative peace the state enjoys,” the statement read in part.

Advertisement

Later at a press conference, the CP said the police would obey the order that restrained the state government from implementing the repealed law of the Kano Emirates Council, warning troublemakers to steer clear.

“The police command is expressly obeying the court order with suit no. FHC/KN/CS/182/2024 Dated 23rd May, 2024 issued by the Federal High Court sitting in Kano alongside all law enforcement agents in the state.

“Therefore, we are calling on members of the public to know that the police in the state are working together with the military and other security agencies and have full capacity to provide adequate security to everyone, as we are committed to carrying out our statutory duties as provided by the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,” CP Gumel said.

Gumel, in company of the Director of the State Security Services and other security chiefs in the state, met with Bayero yesterday, after the press conference.

Advertisement

Later while speaking in Hausa, Bayero said no one is above the law, calling “on the people to remain law-abiding while awaiting the outcome of the legal process on this tussle.

“We call on the authority to do justice in this matter. Kano is a very influential state in Nigeria. Whatever affects Kano affects Nigeria. May peace reign in Kano. We pray for Allah to bless Kano with responsible and just leaders. Justice is the way to go on every issue. There will be justice. Nobody is above the law.

“We will accept whatever the law says. I appreciate all the people who have shown concern. As I said, justice will take its course. We will keep on praying for peace in Kano State. May Allah, the Almighty, protect us,” Bayero said.

What Sanusi told security chiefs

Advertisement

The security chiefs later went to the Gidan Rumfa Palace and met with Sanusi and Governor Yusuf.

A source at the meeting said the governor allowed the security chiefs to have an audience with Sanusi alone.

The source said the security chiefs informed Sanusi about the decision to enforce the court order stopping his reinstatement.

“The emir, who spoke for over an hour during the meeting, told us that what the state government had done was justice against the injustice meted out to him in the past.

Advertisement

He told us that he had not seen the court order we were referring to, describing it as a media court order until he sees it,” the source told Daily Trust.

Later in an interview with Television Continental (TVC), Sanusi reiterated that his return to the throne was a correction of injustice done to the people, culture and tradition of Kano.

He said he was not given the opportunity to defend himself before he was dethroned in 2020.

State Assembly breached procedure–Dan Agundi

Advertisement

Aminu Babba Danagundi, a kingmaker in Kano, who had secured the restraining order against Sanusi’s reinstatement, at a press conference at the Nassarawa mini palace yesterday, explained why he challenged the new Kano Emirates Law that sacked the five emirs.

Danagundi was reinstated as Sarkin Dawaki Babba and made a kingmaker by Emir Aminu Bayero.

He said the State House of Assembly did not follow due process in passing the bill as there was no public hearing.

He said the five deposed emirs would join his suit challenging the new law.

Advertisement

Atiku, Ulama, NBA warn FG against meddling

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar alleged that the deployment of security forces in Kano over the emirship tussle, by the federal government, contravenes the 1999 constitution as amended.

Atiku, according to a statement by his media adviser, Paul Ibe, warned the federal government against making any attempt to destabilise Kano which, he said, had been known for peace over the years.

Similarly, the council of ulamas in Kano, in a statement signed by members of the council led by Shaikh Abdullahi Uwais Limanci, said the situation could degenerate into chaos if not carefully handled.

Advertisement

The council called on President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to allow the people of Kano State to resolve the issue amicably “without the use of any force or loss of lives.”

Also, the Kano State branch of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), in a statement by its chairman, Sagir Suleiman Gezawa, said the army lacks the powers to enforce court order.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Warning: Undefined variable $user_ID in /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/themes/zox-news/comments.php on line 49

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

News

Dhamma Perfumes, CEO, Obi Ubaka Explains How To Succeed In Fragrance Business

Published

on

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

By Kayode Sanni-Arewa

Lagos-based perfume merchant and founder of Dhamma Perfumes, makers of FAB-LAB and ARO-FAC fragrances, Obi Ubaka, has shared a detailed roadmap for thriving in the perfume industry. He emphasizes that success hinges on building a unique brand identity, mastering both the art and science of fragrance creation, and staying attuned to the ever-evolving market landscape.

Ubaka, who operates from Block 6 Above Plaza, Trade Fair Complex along the Lagos-Badagry Expressway, explained that the fragrance business demands a rare blend of artistic vision, business acumen, integrity, and persistence.

He also described his brand as the type that helps people boost their confidence and stand out through fashion world, adding that his years of experience in the business of selling of designer perfumes for wholesale and retail customers has given him requisite knowledge and experience to speak as an authority within that business climate.

Advertisement

While fielding questions on navigating the scented landscape and essential strategies for perfume business success, Obi said; “The perfume industry, a multi-billion dollar global market, is fiercely competitive. To carve out a niche and thrive, aspiring perfumers and entrepreneurs need a strategic roadmap that encompasses creative prowess, market awareness, and operational efficiency. Let’s explore the core elements of this fragrant formula or let me say defining one’s niche and target audience, before embarking on scent business, a crucial first step is identifying your target audience. Who are you trying to reach? What are their aspirations, lifestyle, and scent preferences? Understanding these demographics allows you to invest in fragrances that resonate deeply.

In this business merchants must also be conversant about the raw materials used in producing them. Deep knowledge of fragrance ingredients, including natural essential oils, absolutes, and synthetic aroma chemicals must always be noted to ascertain the veracity of their quality and how long they can stay on the persons wearing them. Understanding the classification and composition of scents; citrus, floral, woody, oriental, etc. and how to blend them harmoniously to create a balanced and appealing fragrance profile should never be compromised. Mastering the techniques to create perfumes that have staying power (longevity) and a noticeable presence (projection) must be part of what should be appreciated in this very lucrative business.

On the issue of safety and regulations, Obi added, “well what I can say about this is that adhering to industry safety standards and regulations regarding fragrance ingredients and labeling is very important and of course every business owner must be law abiding and protect industry extant guidelines. One must also consider taking perfumery courses, working with experienced perfumers, or investing in resources that provide in-depth knowledge of fragrance formulation.”

In crafting a compelling brand story and identity, the founder of Dhamma Perfumes, makers of FAB-LAB and ARO-FAC fragrances added, “In a saturated market, a strong brand story differentiates you from the competition and moreover, you must have integrity. For example, this number, +234806 519 7515 has been my mobile for decades, since I have nothing to hide. The number has not changed. Besides that, your brand story should equally communicate your values, inspiration, and the unique philosophy behind your fragrances. You must develop a consistent and engaging marketing strategy that effectively communicates your brand story to your target audience through various channels.

Advertisement

“E-commerce Website is another important tool to expand the frontiers of perfume business from market research and product development to packaging design, branding, marketing, and choosing the right sales channels. A user-friendly website with high-quality product images, detailed descriptions, and secure online ordering will also be an advantage, while also building a sound and symbiotic relationship with logistics companies and others who are in the business dispatch services. Similarly, engaging with your target audience on social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Whatsapp, and Pinterest, showcasing your brand, and building a community around your fragrances must also be accommodated and considered.”

When asked about the unique role of packaging in the success of a perfume brand he said, “Packaging plays a critical role in conveying brand identity and influencing purchase decisions. We always advise stakeholders in the perfume business value chain about high-quality packaging that reflects the brand’s aesthetics and protects the fragrance. Consider sustainable packaging options to appeal to environmentally conscious consumers.

“Beyond that a serious minded merchant must also think about staying ahead of trends in the ever-evolving fragrance industry; this includes continuous learning and market research, these are very essential. You must also follow industry publications, attend trade shows, monitor social media trends, and engage with customers to understand their evolving preferences. Adaptability and innovation are key to long-term success,” Obi stated.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

News

Trump Admin orders Nigerians, other green card applicants to return home for residency processing

Published

on

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

The United States has directed Nigerians and other foreign nationals seeking green cards to return to their home countries to complete the application process.

The directive was announced on Friday in a press statement issued by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

The agency explained that the policy was intended to restore what it described as the “original intent” of US immigration law.
USCIS spokesman, Zach Kahler, stated that the new policy would help reduce the number of migrants who remain illegally in the United States after unsuccessful residency applications.

According to the statement, except under extraordinary circumstances, foreigners seeking adjustment of status will now be required to process their residency applications through US consular offices abroad under the supervision of the United States Department of State.

Advertisement

The agency stated: “We’re returning to the original intent of the law to ensure aliens navigate our nation’s immigration system properly. From now on, an alien who is in the U.S. temporarily and wants a Green Card must return to their home country to apply, except in extraordinary circumstances.”
Kahler added: “This policy allows our immigration system to function as the law intended instead of incentivising loopholes. When aliens apply from their home country, it reduces the need to find and remove those who decide to slip into the shadows and remain in the U.S. illegally after being denied residency.”
USCIS explained that the new directive would mainly affect temporary visitors, including students, tourists and workers who entered the United States on nonimmigrant visas.
“Nonimmigrants, like students, temporary workers, or people on tourist visas, come to the U.S. for a short time and for a specific purpose. Our system is designed for them to leave when their visit is over. Their visit should not function as the first step in the Green Card process,” the statement added.
The agency further stated that processing residency applications through consular offices abroad would help free up limited agency resources for other immigration priorities.

According to USCIS, the policy would enable the agency to focus more on applications involving victims of violent crimes, human trafficking cases, naturalisation requests and other immigration services within its jurisdiction.
“The law was written this way for a reason, and despite the fact that it has been ignored for years, following it will help make our system fairer and more efficient,” the statement noted.
In December 2025, former US President Donald Trump temporarily suspended the processing of green card and citizenship applications filed by Nigerians and nationals of other countries newly added to the US travel ban, according to a CBS News report.

The suspension affected legal immigration applications handled by USCIS and mainly targeted immigrants from selected African and Asian countries.
Many of those affected were already living legally in the United States and were seeking to adjust their immigration status or become American citizens.

The Trump administration also directed USCIS to freeze all immigration petitions, including applications for permanent residency and citizenship, from nationals of 19 countries covered by the travel ban announced in June.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

News

Dr. Olotu Akpodiete Chairs Iwhreko Primary School 3rd Annual Athletics & Send Forth Ceremony

Published

on

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

Hon. Dr. Akpodiete Olotu JP, Executive Director of the Olotu & Ekuogbe Rowland Akpodiete Foundation, chaired the 3rd Annual Inter-House Athletics Competition and Send Forth Ceremony at Iwhreko Primary School on May 21, 2026. The event took place at the school premises and brought together students, staff, parents, and guests for a day of sports and celebration.

Dr. Olotu Akpodiete was accompanied by Amb. Comr. Kpohraror Emmanuel, an old boy of Iwhreko Primary School. His presence highlighted the importance of alumni giving back and supporting the growth of their former school and the younger generation.

In her welcome address, Headteacher Chief Mrs. Eyamu welcomed guests, parents, and participants. She encouraged parents to remain actively involved in their children’s education, stating that parental support strengthens students’ sense of belonging and motivates them to excel. She also expressed appreciation to the Olotu & Ekuogbe Rowland Akpodiete Foundation for its continued support to the school.

Speaking as Chairman of the occasion, Hon. Dr. Olotu Akpodiete thanked the headteacher and students for the warm reception. He commended the school for organizing the event to promote talent, discipline, and unity among pupils. He assured that the foundation would continue to support the students and the school to drive development and growth.

Advertisement

The 3rd Annual Inter-House Athletics Competition and Send Forth served as both a platform to showcase student talent and a send-off for graduating pupils. The ceremony reinforced the role of community-driven initiatives in advancing education and youth development in Ughelli.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2024 Naija Blitz News