News
Sad! Popular Actor Dies @ 46
- /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 27
https://naijablitznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2025/01/Screenshot_20250116-235107.jpg&description=Sad! Popular Actor Dies @ 46', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
- Share
- Tweet /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 72
https://naijablitznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2025/01/Screenshot_20250116-235107.jpg&description=Sad! Popular Actor Dies @ 46', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
By Kayode Sanni-Arewa
Popular actor and Hollyoaks star, Paul Danan has died at the age of 46
He was best known for playing bad boy Sol Patrick in the Channel 4 soap Hollyoaks in the late 1990s and early 2000s.
Danan later appeared on the celebrity versions of Love Island and Big Brother.
The actor had been due to appear for a plea hearing at Warrington Magistrates’ Court on Thursday after being charged with having several bags of cocaine and a “quantity” of cannabis, according to court documents.
He was also accused of driving while under the influence of drugs on 2 October last year in Warrington, Cheshire.
Announcing his death, Danan’s management said in a statement: “It is with heavy hearts that we share the tragic news of the passing of @pauldanan at just 46 years old.
“Known for his television presence, exceptional talent, and unwavering kindness, Paul was a beacon of light to so many.
His untimely departure will leave irreplaceable voids in the lives of all who knew him.
“During this difficult time, we kindly request respect and privacy for Paul’s family, friends, and colleagues. No further comments will be made at this time.”
Danan’s last post on his official Instagram page was a short video audition for the Shakespeare play Twelfth Night, in which he was reading for the role of Orsino.
He posted it one week ago, commenting on how “beautiful and exhilarating it is” to get stuck into new work.
Calum Best, who worked with Danan across several TV shows including Celebrity Love Island, hailed him as “one of the funniest, kindest, and most real people” he had ever known and a “creative genius”.
He said in a statement: “Paul was one of the funniest, kindest, and most real people I’ve ever known – truly a creative genius too. Life wasn’t always easy for him, but he faced it with such heart and courage, and that inspired so many of us.
“We shared so many laughs, chats, and unforgettable moments. My heart goes out to his loved ones right now. Rest easy, brother.”
DJ Fat Tony was one of the first to pay tribute on social media, calling him “one of the sweetest men,” saying Danan’s death at such a young age “hurts so bad”.
Former EastEnders actor Michael Greco remembered Danan as a “genuine and caring man,” sharing a photo of the actor on his Instagram Story.
Greco wrote in a message: “So, so sad to read about the passing of Paul Danan. In this day and age of falsities and fake people, he was a genuine and caring man who just wanted to please everyone.
“A lovely warm man that will be missed by many. R.I.P. Buddy.”
Fellow EastEnders star Dean Gaffney also shared a photo of Danan on his Instagram Story, writing: “You had your demons but my god you had a heart of gold… RIP Mr Paul Danan.”
Kidulthood star Adam Deacon wrote in an Instagram story: “I just heard the devastating news about Paul Danan tragically passing away.
I had the pleasure of working with him, and he was a genuinely kind and compassionate person.” He added that his “thoughts” are with his friends and family.
Danan, who was born in Essex, trained at Italia Conti drama school in Woking.
He joined the cast of Hollyoaks aged 19, and quickly became a fan favourite, remaining on the show for four years.
Nominated for best actor at the Inside Soap Awards in 1999, his character left the show in 2001, fleeing the village after being falsely accused of murdering his girlfriend’s brother.
A role he loved, Danan would regularly call for his character’s return to the teen soap.
Following his Hollyoaks success, Danan moved to LA, where he tried to establish a career in Hollywood, but later said he spent too much time partying to find success.
He appeared twice as a contestant on Celebrity Love Island in 2005 and 2006 but did not win either series.
He also appeared in the 2006 ITV2 reality show Calum, Fran And Dangerous Danan, which saw the actor, former Westlife bodyguard Fran Cosgrave and George Best’s son Calum Best travel across the US.
In 2010, Danan pleaded guilty to drugs and public order offences, and was fined £350 and referred to a drugs agency for support by Stevenage Magistrates’ Court.
In 2017, he took part in Channel 5’s Celebrity Big Brother, where he was evicted early. He said at the time he hoped the series would give him a “second chance” at his career.
More recently, he began the podcast The Morning After With Paul Danan, which lasted from 2019 until 2023.
He had also appeared on shows including E4’s Celebrity Coach Trip, Channel 4 sketch comedy programme The Kevin Bishop Show, and CBBC show The Queen’s Nose, playing Melody’s agent Max.
Danan had spoken openly about his issues with substance abuse and poor mental health and discussed his addiction and recovery on ITV’s The Jeremy Kyle Show in 2019.
He said his substance abuse had begun when he was a teenager, adding he had to “work hard at it every day to keep in recovery”.
In 2022, Danan told The Sun a relapse over lockdown had left him homeless.
A former smoker, Danan later told the paper his reliance on vapes had left him in intensive care with pneumonia and an ongoing lung condition over the summer.
Describing his collapse, which he said was caused by over-e-cigarette use, he said a nurse had warned him if he was to “ever smoke in any form again, I risk being linked to an oxygen tank later on in life”.
In 2020, Danan set up a theatre company called Morning After Drama in Bristol, offering free workshops to vulnerable groups.
He had also planned to set up a linked charity, The Other Side Of Morning CIC to offer community projects around the country.
He had shared news about fundraising for the charity on TikTok in late December.
Danan leaves behind his nine-year-old son, Deniro.
News
Rivers traditional ruler narrowly escapes assassin’s bullets as hoodlums shoot at his palace
The Amadabo of Finima in Bonny local government area of Rivers State, HRH Aseme Alabo Dagogo Lambert Brown in the early hours of today, August 22, 2026 narroy escaped an assassination attempt on his life.
However, the Amadabo was not at home when the blood thirsty hoodlums fired sporadically at the building housing the living rooms of the monarch and other households.
Unfortunately, some members were seriously injured and rushed to hospitals for emergency medical attention.
Condemning the heinous crime, Aseme Alabo Dagogo Lambert Brown stated that they had received intelligence reports of importation of hoodlums into the community.
He blamed the Bonny Traditional Authorities of sponsoring a faction of Tobin House to cause mayhem.
He called on law enforcement agencies to urgently investigate the matter and bring perpetrators.
Transcript of the attached voice.
“It is very painful and regretful of what I see today in Finima.
We have envisaged this. We live in the community, we have the intelligence, information is coming here and there, and we communicated same intelligence to the security agencies that we are having mercenaries imported into Finima for the sake of a strange event that wants to happen.
Must all of us die because one faction of the Tobin house in Finima, being sponsored by the Bonny Traditional Authorities, wants to perform things that are strange in Finima?
God will never allow that to happen. God will never allow—we saw it. All this happening is to intimidate me and my people for saying this is not how we are living as a people. We live as one people. All the cultural institutions are in full participation by the chieftaincy houses in Finima. There’s no separation.
Why? Because we want to avoid any rivalry group or things that will cause disunity in Finima. That is how our upgrowing—that’s how we’ve grown up in Finima.
And these are one of the outcomes, very regretful. I want to appeal to the law enforcement agencies today that people behind this heinous act are culprits—people, culprits to this heinous act—are arrested and prosecuted.
News
Photos: 15 years after, Apo-Karshi Road for inauguration in December – Wike
Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mr Nyesom Wike, says the long-delayed Apo-Karshi road will finally be completed and handed over by November, putting an end to a 15-year wait for residents in the axis.
Wike gave the assurance in Abuja on Saturday, after inspecting the progress of the project as well as the 14-kilometre Bwari Kubwa Road.
He explained that the 13.5-kilometer road, originally awarded in 2011 under previous administrations, has been a major point of frustration for motorists experiencing daily traffic congestion between satellite communities and the Abuja city center.
He explained that the current administration was forced to revoke the original contract due to persistent delays and re-award it to construction firm SCC Nigeria Ltd.
“The Apo-Karshi road has been a topical issue. It was awarded in 2010, one of those projects President Bola Tinubu inherited.
“Because of its importance and the complaints by residents, we had to terminate the contract and award it to SCC, which we know has the capacity to complete the job.
“Residents who have been crying for years can now see that this government has come to their aid,” he said.
The minister praised the contractor for maintaining progress on-site regardless of funding cycles, reaffirming the government’s commitment to honoring its financial obligations.
The minister also inspected the ongoing construction of the 14-kilometre Bwari-Kubwa road, stressing that the contractor had promised to deliver the critical road in December.
He emphasised that the tangible delivery of infrastructure projects serves as the strongest argument for the administration’s governance model, downplaying traditional political campaigning in favor of visible results.
“When people ask me about campaigns, I say, ‘What is campaign? See the campaign. Campaign is about what you have done for the people and what the government has to show.
“It is not about promises; it is about taking action that positively impacts lives,” he said.
With multiple road networks approaching completion across the FCT, the minister expressed confidence that the administration would surpass its initial 10 projects target for inauguration between December and January 2027.
News
BREAKING: 38 year former world champion boxer, Zolani Tete shot dead in South Africa
Ex-world champion boxer Zolani Tete has been shot dead outside his home in South Africa at the age of 38.
This ugly development happened in Mdantsane, Eastern Cape, as Zolani Tete arrived at his residence and waited for the gate to open.
According to the police, two armed men wearing balaclavas stepped out of a vehicle and opened fire on the boxer.
A 27-year-old woman who was travelling with Tete was also shot several times and taken to hospital for treatment.
South Africa’s Minister of Sports, Arts and Culture, Gayton McKenzie, confirmed Tete’s death on Friday.
McKenzie expressed caution over speculation about the motive behind the attack, saying “I will not speculate about who did this or why.”
Police have launched an investigation, but no motive has been established and no details about possible suspects have been released.
Zolani Tete , who was nicknamed “Last Born”, became widely known in boxing for his remarkable 11-second knockout of fellow South African Siboniso Gonya in Belfast in November 2017.
The knockout remains one of the fastest stoppages in a world title fight.
Tete achieved it while defending his WBO bantamweight title, which he had won earlier that year and held until 2019.
The southpaw boxer had previously captured the IBF junior-bantamweight title in 2014 after defeating Japan’s Teiru Kinoshita in Kobe.
Earlier in his career, Tete had also held the minor WBF flyweight title.
Zolani Tete’s death came only weeks after he completed a four-year ban from boxing following a positive test for the banned anabolic steroid stanozolol after his 2022 bout against Jason Cunningham.
His suspension ended on July 29, and he had been preparing to make a return to professional boxing before his death.
-
News20 hours agoNorthern Senators Demand Immediate State Police After Adamawa, Sokoto Terror Attacks
-
Opinion19 hours agoRep OK Chinda and the Parliamentary Gamble: The Politician Seeking to Rewrite Nigeria’s Political Operating System
-
News14 hours agoBREAKING: APC Chairman Reportedly Collapses, Dies
-
Economy20 hours agoNigerian Stock Market Crashes For 8th Straight Session As Investors Lose Whopping N5.45tn
-
News13 hours agoSEE List of Nigeria’s latest fake agency, 20 state coordinators, reps in China as TInubu orders arrest (Photos)
-
News13 hours agoSnake gets world-first cancer treatment normally used in humans
-
News14 hours agoSurvivors narrate how gunmen moved from house to house, k!lling people asleep in Plateau
-
Entertainment20 hours agoNollywood Actors And Actresses Hold Special Prayer Session For Taiwo Hassan

Warning: Undefined variable $user_ID in /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/themes/zox-news/comments.php on line 49
You must be logged in to post a comment Login