Metro
Just in: Drug suspect stabs NDLEA operative
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Kano State Command, has apprehended two suspects – 25-year-old Musa Usman and 24-year-old Buhari Ya’u Bashir – during a targeted operation at Rahama Round, Bebeji Local Government Area of the state.
In a statement, spokesperson of the agency in Kano, Sadiq Muhammad Maigatari, said the operation resulted in the seizure of various quantities of illicit substances.
The statement also revealed that the suspects were found in possession of illicit substances, that includes 1.1 kilograms (wraps) of cannabis sativa, 8 grams (38 tablets) of diazepam, and 59 grams (165 tablets) of Exol
Maigatari added that during the operation, Musa Usman, armed with a dagger, attempted to resist arrest by attacking the officers, resulting in one officer sustaining a stab wound.
The statement explained that the state Commander of NDLEA, Abubakar Idris Ahmad CN, condemned the violent actions of the suspects and reaffirmed the agency’s resolve to enforce the law and protect its operatives.
“Attacks on law enforcement officers in the line of duty will not deter us from carrying out our mandate to rid society of the scourge of drug abuse and trafficking,” the statement quoted.
It further stated that both suspects are in custody and will face prosecution for drug-related offenses and the assault on an officer.
Metro
13 escape death as bus overturns in Lagos
Thirteen passengers, including a four-year-old boy and his mother, narrowly escaped death on Wednesday after a commercial bus overturned in a lone accident along Coaster Road opposite Lafiaji inward Okun Ajah.
In a statement, LASTMA spokesperson Adebayo Taofiq confirmed that the fully loaded Mazda bus, registration number AKD 509 XL, reportedly lost stability before somersaulting and landing on its side, trapping occupants in the wreckage and drawing swift attention from bystanders.
LASTMA noted that its officials arrived shortly after the crash and rescued passengers from the vehicle.
“The four-year-old child, his mother, and two additional casualties were expeditiously conveyed to the Mother & Child Hospital at Abraham Adesanya along Ogombo Road for immediate clinical attention. Other injured passengers were transported to proximate healthcare facilities by compassionate Good Samaritans who rendered invaluable assistance in the critical moments following the crash,” he said.
Related News
He further noted that the exact cause of the accident has yet to be determined, while the incident has been handed over to the police division at Abraham Adesanya for investigation and further legal procedures.
LASTMA General Manager, Olalekan Bakare-Oki, expressed sympathy to the victims and wished them a speedy recovery, warning motorists—particularly commercial drivers—against reckless driving.
“No journey, irrespective of urgency, warrants the imperilment of human life, underscoring that scrupulous adherence to statutory speed limits and extant traffic regulations is not merely a legal requirement but a moral imperative,” he said.
Metro
Neighbours allegedly kill 16-year-old boy in Abuja after attacking his mother with machete
A 16-year-old boy has reportedly been killed by neighbours in Abuja after he allegedly attacked his mother with a machete during a domestic dispute.
The tragic incident occurred on February 12, 2026, in Byazhin, Kubwa, in the Bwari Council Area of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
It was gathered that the issue began as a domestic dispute between the teenager and his mother before escalating into mob retaliation.
According to the police, the Byazhin Divisional Headquarters received a distress call at about 11:45 p.m. that Chidera, a resident of Byazhin Across, had allegedly attacked his mother with a machete during an argument. Officers were immediately deployed to the scene.
Preliminary investigations revealed that the confrontation was triggered by allegations that the teenager had been transferring money from his mother’s bank account into his personal Opay account without her consent.
When she confronted him over the alleged unauthorised transactions, he reportedly became violent and inflicted a severe machete injury on her hand.
Police said two neighbours, Cosmos Okafor, 31, and Okechukwu Wisdom, 17, allegedly intervened after witnessing the altercation. The duo reportedly attacked the teenager in reaction to the assault on his mother.
During the attack, Chidera sustained severe injuries and became unconscious. He was rushed to Kubwa General Hospital, where medical personnel later confirmed him dead.
The two neighbours were subsequently arrested in connection with the incident and are currently in police custody.
The Commissioner of Police, Miller G. Dantawaye, expressed condolences to the bereaved family and warned residents against taking the law into their own hands.
He urged members of the public to adopt peaceful and lawful means of resolving disputes, noting that actions taken in anger could lead to tragic and irreversible consequences.
Police spokesperson, SP Josephine Adeh, stated that the suspects would be charged in court upon the conclusion of investigations.
The command also called on residents to report suspicious persons or activities through its emergency lines, stressing the need for timely intervention in volatile situations.
As cases of mob justice persist across Nigeria, what more should be done to protect both victims and suspects? Share your views in the comment section.
Metro
SAD: 14 Umuahia traders die in auto crash on their way back from Enugu
No fewer than 14 traders from Isi Gate Market lost their lives on Saturday while returning from Enugu State, where they had attended a traditional marriage ceremony.
The accident occurred at about 6:45 PM along the Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway.
The victims, who conduct their businesses along Bonny Street by Owerri Road, Umuahia, had traveled to Enugu to attend the marriage of one of their fellow traders.
On their way back, tragedy struck when the Toyota Coaster bus they were riding collided with a Mercedes truck, resulting in the immediate death of eleven passengers. Three more passengers later died from injuries sustained in the accident, while several others remain in critical condition.
The accident was confirmed by the Enugu State Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Franklin Agbakoba.
The trading base of the late traders, the area was calm and largely deserted, as many traders had closed their shops in sympathy for their deceased colleagues.
A few traders who came out were seen shedding tears over the tragic deaths of their friends and fellow traders.
-
News20 hours agoJAMB Reaffirms Feb 26 as Deadline for 2026 UTME Registration
-
News12 hours agoFCT Area Council Elections: AMAC PDP Chairmanship Candidate Steps Down For APC Candidate(Video)
-
News20 hours agoFG Shuts Plateau Mining Site After Toxic Gas Killed Miners
-
News20 hours ago‘If I Have Sinned Against You, Forgive Me’ – Tinubu Tells Nigerians
-
News13 hours agoEx-South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol gets life jail over insurrection
-
News12 hours agoSAD: Gunmen abduct, kill prominent Ondo traditional ruler
-
News20 hours agoDSS arrests El-Rufai shortly after EFCC release
-
News21 hours agoPlateau Govt Fully Mobilised As Mining Explosion Kills Dozens In Wase

You must be logged in to post a comment Login