Metro
Pastor flogs 13-yr-old girl to death over alleged N30, 000 theft
- /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 27
https://naijablitznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/06/eew-1.jpg&description=Pastor flogs 13-yr-old girl to death over alleged N30, 000 theft', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
- Share
- Tweet /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 72
https://naijablitznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/06/eew-1.jpg&description=Pastor flogs 13-yr-old girl to death over alleged N30, 000 theft', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
The General Overseer of Goodness of Jesus Ministry, Wula, in Boki Local Government Area of Cross River State, Pastor Roman Samson Okoye, is currently being interrogated by detectives at the Homicide Section of the Cross River State Police Command over the alleged flogging to death of a 13-year-old girl, Nancy Peter, with a horsewhip, for allegedly stealing N30,000.
The teenager was reportedly taken to the pastor for counselling, but the session allegedly turned tragic when he began flogging her repeatedly until she collapsed and died.
Her mother, Agnes Peter, who is now regretting taking her daughter to the cleric, said she only wanted him to counsel and pray for the girl.
“If I had known that this would lead to her death, I would never have taken her to my pastor,” she lamented.
The pastor and the deceased’s mother have both been arrested by the Cross River State Police Command.
It was gathered that on June 1, 2026, Agnes Peter took her daughter to Pastor Okoye’s residence after accusing her of stealing money. The mother reportedly alleged that the teenager had repeatedly stolen from her and was becoming wayward.
A police source at the Homicide Section of the command, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told Saturday Sun: “The incident happened on June 1, 2026, when the mother took her 13-year-old daughter to her pastor’s house over the alleged theft of N30,000.
“The woman said she had kept N30,000 at home and could not find it when she needed it. She accused her daughter of stealing the money and took her to the pastor.
“The woman left the girl with the pastor. By the time she returned, the pastor had allegedly flogged the girl severely with a horsewhip and was taking her to the hospital, where she was confirmed dead.”
Narrating his version of events, Pastor Okoye said: “My name is Roman Samson Okoye. I am 45 years old and the General Overseer of Goodness of Jesus Ministry. Before starting my ministry, I worked in several churches, including Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries (MFM), Mount Sinai Church and Minister of God Church.
“I started my ministry some years ago. I met Mrs Peter about four years ago when she had a misunderstanding with her husband. She had three children for him, but he sent her away. I do not know what happened between them. The man was not a member of my church; only the woman and her children attended my church.
“When she came to me, she had nothing. I began supporting the family by helping with the children’s school fees and upkeep.
“God answered her prayers and she started a fish business. The girl had been stealing her mother’s money. Whenever the woman complained, I would appeal to her to remain calm. I would call the girl and scold her. This happened more than 20 times.
“On June 1 this year, the woman brought the girl to my house. She complained that the girl had stolen her money again and was also in the habit of staying away from home. She said the girl stole N30,000 and asked me to beat her. She also said she had already beaten her but wanted me to discipline her as well.
“I took my horsewhip and started beating her. I gave her about 15 strokes before I noticed she had become very weak. I immediately rushed her to the hospital, but she died before we arrived.
“I feel very sad. I never intended to kill her. It was her mother who insisted that she should be beaten. She was like a daughter to me. I deeply regret what happened and I do not know what to do now.”
However, the deceased’s mother, Agnes Peter, a resident of Obanliku in Boki Local Government Area, denied asking the pastor to flog her daughter. She insisted that she only took the teenager to him for counselling and prayers.
The mother of three said: “It is true that I took my daughter to the pastor after I discovered that my N30,000 was missing. It was not the first time she had stolen my money and it was not the first time I reported her to the pastor.
“On that day, when she refused to disclose where she kept the money, she later confessed while we were at the pastor’s house and told me she had hidden it in one of her trousers.
“I immediately left to verify her claim and found the N30,000 in the pocket of one of her trousers. The pastor had not started beating her when I left.
“While returning, I saw him rushing my daughter to the hospital. I met him on the way.
“I did not tell him to kill my daughter. I only wanted him to scold, counsel and pray for her. I was not there when he allegedly beat her. I only saw him taking her to the hospital.”
The spokesperson of the Cross River State Police Command, ASP Ewa Eitokpah Sunday, confirmed the arrest of the suspects and reiterated the command’s commitment to protecting lives and property across the state.
According to him, investigations into the incident were ongoing. He assured of the command’s committed to ensuring that justice is served.
Metro
‘I’ll Rather Eat Grass Under Muslim Leader Than Chicken Under Infidel Leader,’ Islamic Scholar Almaliky Defends Tinubu-Shettima Ticket
Islamic scholar Malam Abdulrahaman Nuhu Almaliky, an ally of prominent cleric Sheikh Sani Yahaya Jingir, has defended the Muslim-Muslim leadership of President Bola Tinubu and Vice President Kashim Shettima.
Almaliky’s sermon appeared to be a response to Sheikh Nurul Khalil, who had reacted to Sheikh Jingir’s description of Christians as “infidels.”
Almaliky, a member of the leadership of Jama’atu Izalatil Bid’ah Wa Iqamatis Sunnah, headquartered in Jos, Plateau State, said he would rather endure hardship under a Muslim leader than enjoy material comfort under a non-Muslim leader.
“For me, having a Muslim as leader while I eat grass is better than having an infidel as leader while I eat chicken every day,” Almaliky said.
The cleric argued that having Muslims in positions of authority benefits Islam because certain matters that could be harmful to the religion would be concealed or prevented.
“It is written in one of the books, because an infidel will harm my religion. The fact that you are being governed under a Muslim-Muslim arrangement is beneficial. Ninety per cent of things are covered, while only 10 per cent are revealed, all for our good,” he said.
Almaliky said many Muslims had failed to appreciate what he considered the religious benefits of the Muslim-Muslim administration.
“This is something your minds have not considered. People will say we are working for someone, but who is that person? We are not campaigning for Tinubu; we are campaigning for Islam,” he added.
The cleric also disputed claims that the country’s hardship is solely the government’s fault. He argued that some people complaining about suffering were themselves involved in conduct prohibited by Islam, including mistreating their parents and engaging in same-sex relations.
“If you examine their lives, you will realise that some of them are better off through their work, if Allah judges them accordingly. Some mistreat their mothers and still complain about suffering, while others engage in acts prohibited by Islam,” he said.
Almaliky’s remarks reflect his strong preference for Muslim political leadership but could attract criticism over their portrayal of non-Muslims and their implications for religious tolerance in Nigeria.
Tinubu and Shettima’s Muslim-Muslim ticket generated considerable debate ahead of the 2023 presidential election.
Supporters argued that competence and electoral strategy should take priority over religious balancing, while critics expressed concern about religious inclusion and representation in the country’s leadership.
Neither Sheikh Nurul Khalil or the Presidency had publicly responded to Almaliky’s remarks at the time of this report.
Previously, Islamic cleric Sheikh Yahya Jingir called on Muslims to support Muslim-Muslim political tickets, while urging his followers to obtain their Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs) ahead of future elections.
Jingir made the remarks at a campaign event for Kano State Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf tagged “Abba Go Again,” according to a video seen by SaharaReporters.
Governor Yusuf was also present at the event.
In the speech delivered in Hausa, the cleric praised President Tinubu for promoting a Muslim-Muslim ticket and said he remained a strong advocate of the arrangement.
“I am among the staunch advocates of the Muslim-Muslim ticket, and I call on you to come together for Muslim-Muslim ticket,” he said.
Jingir acknowledged opposition to the idea from Christians and other religious groups but questioned whether his advocacy amounted to wrongdoing.
“I am aware that the infidels are embittered by this word. However, are there no Christians alike? Are there no Jews? Are there no traditionalists? Have I done anything wrong by merely campaigning for a Muslim-Muslim ticket?” he said.
“Have I stopped the Christians from their own slogans? Have I stopped traditionalists from a similar campaign?”
The cleric reiterated his position, saying: “But as a Muslim, I repeat it, Muslim-Muslim! No going back on this.”
Responding to arguments that Nigeria is a democracy with citizens from different religious backgrounds, Jingir questioned whether those making such arguments represented non-Muslims.
“Some would say ‘it’s a democracy and there are people who are not Muslims,’ are you their spokesperson?” he asked.
“But we pray and observe fasting, and it’s said that the majority carries the votes,” he added.
Jingir also urged those at the event to prepare for elections by obtaining their voter cards.
“I urge all of us here to go and get our voters’ cards ready. Let’s show the infidels their limit, who claim they are more populous than us in Nigeria. They are lying!” he said.
He attributed the previous electoral defeat of opponents of the Muslim-Muslim ticket to his position on the issue, saying: “If it wasn’t for my stance on a Muslim-Muslim ticket, somebody would have claimed they are more populous than us. But by the grace of Allah, we defeated them so ignominiously that they did not even make it to the second place in the polls, did they? They came third after all.”
Jingir then declared his support for Muslim-Muslim candidates and called on Muslims to follow suit.
“Therefore, my vote is for a Muslim-Muslim candidate! What about you, the Muslim umma?”
Jingir’s comments have since sparked a backlash, with many Nigerians and groups condemning them as inflammatory.
Metro
Troops neutralise terrorists, intercept courier with 180 explosives in Zamfara
The Joint Task Force, Operation Fansan Yamma, said on Saturday that its troops conducting offensive operations in Zamfara State had neutralised several terrorists, recovered weapons and intercepted a suspected explosives courier with 180 units of 20mm Super Power explosives.
The Media Information Officer of the operation, Lt. Col. Aliyu Danja, disclosed this in a statement on operations conducted on August 14, 2026.
Danja said troops of Sector 2, while conducting an offensive clearance operation in Birnin Magaji Local Government Area of Zamfara, encountered terrorists around Garin Kaso and engaged them in a fierce firefight.
He said two terrorists were confirmed neutralised during the initial encounter, while troops recovered two rifles, two magazines, nine rounds of ammunition and two motorcycles.
According to him, another group of terrorists subsequently attempted to ambush the troops from concealed positions.
“Troops responded decisively, fought through the ambush and inflicted further casualties on the terrorists, forcing surviving elements to flee the area,” he said.
Danja said the exact number of additional casualties among the terrorists could not be immediately confirmed.
He, however, said reports from communities in the area indicated that several terrorists with apparent gunshot wounds, alongside the bodies of their neutralised colleagues, were evacuated by the fleeing elements.
In a separate operation on the same day, troops of Sector 2 intercepted a suspected arms and explosives courier during routine snap checks on vehicles.
The suspect, identified as 57-year-old Sani Umar, was allegedly conveying 180 units of 20mm Super Power explosives from Gusau Local Government Area of Zamfara to suspected terrorist elements operating in Jibia Local Government Area of Katsina State.
Danja said the vehicle was searched, leading to the recovery of the explosives.
He added that the suspect, vehicle and recovered materials had been taken into custody for further investigation.
The Theatre Command said the operations underscored the sustained offensive posture of Operation Fansan Yamma, particularly its efforts to simultaneously attack terrorist enclaves and disrupt logistics networks supplying weapons, explosives and other resources to criminal elements.
The command reaffirmed its resolve to sustain ongoing operations and deny terrorists and other criminal elements freedom of action across the North-West.
Metro
Bandits abduct 14 passengers travelling from Enugu to Abuja
Suspected bandits abducted about 14 passengers travelling from Enugu State to Abuja along the Ankpechi–Omutele axis of Ohimini Local Government Area of Benue State on Thursday night.
The gunmen reportedly ambushed the commercial bus conveying the passengers, forced them into the bush and abandoned the vehicle on the road.
Confirming the incident, the Benue State Police Command spokesperson, DSP Orchia Peter Aondongu, said operatives had rescued five of the victims, including a four-year-old boy.
The police said nine other victims remained in the custody of their abductors, adding that the command launched a coordinated rescue operation in the early hours of Friday to secure the release of those still in captivity.
He said the operation involved an exchange of gunfire between security operatives and the suspected kidnappers, resulting in the rescue of five victims.
The police spokesperson explained that one of the rescued victims sustained a gunshot wound during the operation and was immediately taken to a medical facility in Otukpo, where the victim is receiving treatment.
Aondongu said operatives of the command, working alongside other security agencies, were intensifying efforts to rescue the remaining nine victims safely, assuring that the operation was being conducted with caution, with the safety of the abducted passengers as the primary objective.
The Benue State Commissioner of Police, CP Cletus Nwadiogbu, acknowledged the concerns of the victims’ families and members of the public, saying that concerted efforts were underway to secure the safe release of those still in captivity.
The command urged residents of the affected communities and the general public to remain calm and vigilant and provide the police with credible information that could assist the ongoing rescue operation and help prevent similar incidents.
The police assured the public that they would continue to provide updates as developments unfold.
-
News23 hours agoJonathan, Oborevwori, Diri, Ibori Mourn 104-Year-Old Prince Penawou
-
News23 hours ago“U No Try President Bola Tinubu’ – Davido Accuses Tinubu Of Planning To Withdraw Police, Military From Osun
-
News23 hours agoFerran Torres Joins PSG From Barcelona
-
News24 hours agoAdeleke Maintains Lead As Collation Of Osun Governorship Results Continues
-
News23 hours agoAdeleke coasting to victory with 439,132 votes as Oyebanji trails behind
-
News23 hours agoReal reasons I left Christianity for Ifa – Ex-pastor
-
News24 hours agoINEC Plans To Declare Osun Election Inconclusive— Adeleke Camp
-
News20 hours agoBREAKING: Adeleke dismantles APC with 511,067 votes
