News
Fresh facts emerge as in-law of slain Col Ude alleges he was assassinated
- /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 27
https://naijablitznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/07/Screenshot_20260731_164951_com_hihonor_photos_SlotAlbumActivity-720x600.jpg&description=Fresh facts emerge as in-law of slain Col Ude alleges he was assassinated', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
- Share
- Tweet /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 72
https://naijablitznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/07/Screenshot_20260731_164951_com_hihonor_photos_SlotAlbumActivity-720x600.jpg&description=Fresh facts emerge as in-law of slain Col Ude alleges he was assassinated', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
A fresh twist has greeted the recent passing of senior military intelligence officer, Colonel Abdulrasaq Abdussalam Ude, who was killed while returning to his residence at Kurudu area in Abuja Municipal Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory.
The officer was attacked shortly after returning to his home on Monday evening, July 27, 2026. His driver and security guard also sustained gunshot wounds during the assault.
It was learnt the attackers attempted to abduct the officer but met stiff resistance.
“He resisted them. From what investigators have gathered, they wanted to take him away, but he fought back. Unfortunately, he paid the ultimate price,” a source familiar with the preliminary investigation was quoted to have said.
After failing to take him away, the assailants allegedly shot the officer multiple times before fleeing the scene.
His wife, driver and security guard, who were caught in the attack, were rushed to the hospital and are receiving treatment for varying degrees of gunshot injuries.
But in a Facebook post on Wednesday, one Ali Chukwudi, who identified himself as the deceased’s brother-in-law, described the attack as a calculated murder rather than a failed abduction.
“Yesterday, Nigeria failed one of its finest. My brother-in-law, Colonel Abdulrazaq Abdulkareem Ude, a senior intelligence officer who dedicated years of his life to defending this nation, was not killed while resisting a kidnapping, as some reports may have claimed. He was deliberately targeted and brutally assassinated,” Chukwudi wrote.
“The attackers shot him in the head, killing him. They also shot his wife, my sister, in the leg. The driver and the gate man were both shot in the legs as well. As I write this, my sister is in the hospital, fighting to survive,” he added.
Chukwudi said the late colonel had served Nigeria loyally for years and was only months away from a promotion he described as well-deserved.
He further described the killing as a direct attack on a patriotic officer.
Chukwudi urged authorities to conduct a thorough and transparent investigation.
Neighbours speak on last moments of late officer
Speaking to our reporters yesterday, one of the residents, identified as Amina, who previously lived in the colonel’s residence before relocating to a nearby plaza after he (Ude) moved in with his family, said the late officer allowed her family to remain close by and paid for the place they now occupy.
She described the colonel as a kind and humble man who maintained a close relationship with her family.
Amina said the colonel, who usually travelled on Mondays and returned on Fridays, unexpectedly returned home between 9pm and 10pm on the fateful Monday while it was raining.
She said her son, Sani, who usually opened the gate whenever the officer returned home, rushed to open it after hearing the vehicle’s horn.
According to her, her husband, Usman, also walked towards the house to welcome the colonel, but came under gunfire moments after the gate was opened.
“My husband later told me that immediately the gate was opened, the attackers opened fire on him. He dived into a culvert and lay on the ground before escaping by jumping over a fence. He came back shouting that they were going to kill his boss,” she said.
Amina said her husband believed lying inside the culvert gave him a better chance of surviving the attack before he eventually escaped.
She said the sound of gunfire continued for several minutes, adding that residents could not count the number of shots fired.
She also said residents believed about five armed men carried out the attack, but no one saw how they arrived or how they escaped, as they were not seen with any vehicle or motorcycle.
Amina said her son, Sani, who opened the gate for the colonel that night, sustained a gunshot wound to the thigh and is receiving treatment alongside the colonel’s wife.
When Daily Trust visited the area yesterday, the colonel’s daughter was seen returning to the house with women from the community who had gone to sympathise with the family.
However, the woman declined requests for an interview, saying she was still traumatised by the incident.
The colonel’s younger brother, Yusuf Ude, told Daily Trust that he was not at the residence when the attack occurred.
He said the officer’s wife was recovering from her injuries and that the family was currently focused on her treatment.
Asked whether the military had deployed additional security to the residence, Yusuf said he could not confirm the situation for now, noting that the family would have a clearer picture after she recovered.
During the visit, Daily Trust observed a heavy military presence around the residence, with armed soldiers stationed in the area, including personnel in a military Hilux vehicle and a black military van.
Some soldiers were also positioned inside an uncompleted building overlooking the neighbourhood.
A Daily Trust reporter approached officers in the black military van for comments, but one of the officers, who identified himself simply as Umar, declined, saying those authorised to speak on the matter were not around.
Residents who spoke with Daily Trust said the incident has left many living in fear, with several calling for improved security in the community to prevent a recurrence.
Our reporters observed that the late officer’s apartment, which is located in the Phase 5 area of the Post Army Housing Estate in Kurudu, is within an isolated area.
It was learnt that it was not too long that the officer moved into the area.
The killing has sent shockwaves through military circles, as Colonel Ude was preparing for promotion to the rank of Brigadier General.
An indigene of Enugu State, the late officer served in several strategic intelligence and counter terrorism roles within the Armed Forces.
He participated in operations against insurgents in the North East and was also deployed on specialised international assignments in Chad and France, where he contributed to intelligence and security cooperation.
The remains of Colonel Ude was buried on Tuesday after a funeral prayer at the Mambilla Mosque in Abuja in accordance with Islamic rites.
Colleagues described him as a courageous and highly respected intelligence officer whose dedication to duty earned him widespread admiration within the military.
The incident occurred about two years after retired Brigadier General Uwem Harold Udok was killed by armed men who invaded his residence in the Lokogoma area of Abuja while he was defending his family. (Adapted from a Daily Trust report)
News
Rivers traditional ruler narrowly escapes assassin’s bullets as hoodlums shoot at his palace
The Amadabo of Finima in Bonny local government area of Rivers State, HRH Aseme Alabo Dagogo Lambert Brown in the early hours of today, August 22, 2026 narroy escaped an assassination attempt on his life.
However, the Amadabo was not at home when the blood thirsty hoodlums fired sporadically at the building housing the living rooms of the monarch and other households.
Unfortunately, some members were seriously injured and rushed to hospitals for emergency medical attention.
Condemning the heinous crime, Aseme Alabo Dagogo Lambert Brown stated that they had received intelligence reports of importation of hoodlums into the community.
He blamed the Bonny Traditional Authorities of sponsoring a faction of Tobin House to cause mayhem.
He called on law enforcement agencies to urgently investigate the matter and bring perpetrators.
Transcript of the attached voice.
“It is very painful and regretful of what I see today in Finima.
We have envisaged this. We live in the community, we have the intelligence, information is coming here and there, and we communicated same intelligence to the security agencies that we are having mercenaries imported into Finima for the sake of a strange event that wants to happen.
Must all of us die because one faction of the Tobin house in Finima, being sponsored by the Bonny Traditional Authorities, wants to perform things that are strange in Finima?
God will never allow that to happen. God will never allow—we saw it. All this happening is to intimidate me and my people for saying this is not how we are living as a people. We live as one people. All the cultural institutions are in full participation by the chieftaincy houses in Finima. There’s no separation.
Why? Because we want to avoid any rivalry group or things that will cause disunity in Finima. That is how our upgrowing—that’s how we’ve grown up in Finima.
And these are one of the outcomes, very regretful. I want to appeal to the law enforcement agencies today that people behind this heinous act are culprits—people, culprits to this heinous act—are arrested and prosecuted.
News
Photos: 15 years after, Apo-Karshi Road for inauguration in December – Wike
Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mr Nyesom Wike, says the long-delayed Apo-Karshi road will finally be completed and handed over by November, putting an end to a 15-year wait for residents in the axis.
Wike gave the assurance in Abuja on Saturday, after inspecting the progress of the project as well as the 14-kilometre Bwari Kubwa Road.
He explained that the 13.5-kilometer road, originally awarded in 2011 under previous administrations, has been a major point of frustration for motorists experiencing daily traffic congestion between satellite communities and the Abuja city center.
He explained that the current administration was forced to revoke the original contract due to persistent delays and re-award it to construction firm SCC Nigeria Ltd.
“The Apo-Karshi road has been a topical issue. It was awarded in 2010, one of those projects President Bola Tinubu inherited.
“Because of its importance and the complaints by residents, we had to terminate the contract and award it to SCC, which we know has the capacity to complete the job.
“Residents who have been crying for years can now see that this government has come to their aid,” he said.
The minister praised the contractor for maintaining progress on-site regardless of funding cycles, reaffirming the government’s commitment to honoring its financial obligations.
The minister also inspected the ongoing construction of the 14-kilometre Bwari-Kubwa road, stressing that the contractor had promised to deliver the critical road in December.
He emphasised that the tangible delivery of infrastructure projects serves as the strongest argument for the administration’s governance model, downplaying traditional political campaigning in favor of visible results.
“When people ask me about campaigns, I say, ‘What is campaign? See the campaign. Campaign is about what you have done for the people and what the government has to show.
“It is not about promises; it is about taking action that positively impacts lives,” he said.
With multiple road networks approaching completion across the FCT, the minister expressed confidence that the administration would surpass its initial 10 projects target for inauguration between December and January 2027.
News
BREAKING: 38 year former world champion boxer, Zolani Tete shot dead in South Africa
Ex-world champion boxer Zolani Tete has been shot dead outside his home in South Africa at the age of 38.
This ugly development happened in Mdantsane, Eastern Cape, as Zolani Tete arrived at his residence and waited for the gate to open.
According to the police, two armed men wearing balaclavas stepped out of a vehicle and opened fire on the boxer.
A 27-year-old woman who was travelling with Tete was also shot several times and taken to hospital for treatment.
South Africa’s Minister of Sports, Arts and Culture, Gayton McKenzie, confirmed Tete’s death on Friday.
McKenzie expressed caution over speculation about the motive behind the attack, saying “I will not speculate about who did this or why.”
Police have launched an investigation, but no motive has been established and no details about possible suspects have been released.
Zolani Tete , who was nicknamed “Last Born”, became widely known in boxing for his remarkable 11-second knockout of fellow South African Siboniso Gonya in Belfast in November 2017.
The knockout remains one of the fastest stoppages in a world title fight.
Tete achieved it while defending his WBO bantamweight title, which he had won earlier that year and held until 2019.
The southpaw boxer had previously captured the IBF junior-bantamweight title in 2014 after defeating Japan’s Teiru Kinoshita in Kobe.
Earlier in his career, Tete had also held the minor WBF flyweight title.
Zolani Tete’s death came only weeks after he completed a four-year ban from boxing following a positive test for the banned anabolic steroid stanozolol after his 2022 bout against Jason Cunningham.
His suspension ended on July 29, and he had been preparing to make a return to professional boxing before his death.
-
News18 hours agoNorthern Senators Demand Immediate State Police After Adamawa, Sokoto Terror Attacks
-
Opinion17 hours agoRep OK Chinda and the Parliamentary Gamble: The Politician Seeking to Rewrite Nigeria’s Political Operating System
-
News12 hours agoBREAKING: APC Chairman Reportedly Collapses, Dies
-
Economy18 hours agoNigerian Stock Market Crashes For 8th Straight Session As Investors Lose Whopping N5.45tn
-
News12 hours agoSurvivors narrate how gunmen moved from house to house, k!lling people asleep in Plateau
-
Entertainment18 hours agoNollywood Actors And Actresses Hold Special Prayer Session For Taiwo Hassan
-
News11 hours agoSEE List of Nigeria’s latest fake agency, 20 state coordinators, reps in China as TInubu orders arrest (Photos)
-
News11 hours agoSnake gets world-first cancer treatment normally used in humans
