Connect with us

News

Iranian hackers ‘shut down British power plant for four days’

Published

on

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

A small UK power generator was forced to shut down for four days after it was targeted in a cyberattack reportedly linked to Iranian hackers.

The incident, which is reported to have taken place last month, is believed to be the first time Iranian-affiliated hackers have successfully shut down a UK facility of this kind.

Sources did not name the facility, but it is understood to be a “small-scale energy generator” and the incident did not pose any risk to the wider grid, The Telegraph reports.

It is thought to have been reported to the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC), part of GCHQ, which responds to serious cyber incidents affecting UK organisations.

Advertisement

In response, the government issued briefings to power companies and wrote to businesses with advice.

Earlier this year, Dr Richard Horne, head of the NCSC, warned that most nationally significant cyber attacks on Britain were carried out by hostile states, including China, Iran and Russia.

He said the body dealt with around four of these attacks each week, and warned businesses to be prepared to protect themselves against cyber attacks without needing the option of paying ransoms, because the UK could be targeted “at scale” if it were to become involved in an international conflict.

The Telegraph

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement

News

Trump expresses fear of being impeached

Published

on

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

The President of the United States (US), Donald Trump, has expressed concerns over his administration’s continuity, saying he might be impeached.

Recall that the Republican is the only US president who has been impeached twice.

Although he was acquitted by the Senate on both occasions, the 80-year-old politician has warned his supporters ahead of a looming impeachment.

He predicted that the impeachment would likely happen if the Republicans lost control of Congress in November’s midterm elections.

Advertisement

“You will lose everything” if Democrats took control of Congress.

“I’m going to be impeached. They’re going to impeach me. They have no idea why,” Trump said in his address at a rally in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

There are concerns in the US that Democrats will gain seats in the House of Representatives in November, while the Senate control is viewed as more contentious.

Trump, who was campaigning in South Carolina for Darline Graham, who was appointed to the Senate in July after the passing of her brother, Republican senator Lindsey Graham , feared that the Democrats’ victory would threaten his administration’s policies, including tax cuts and immigration measures.

Advertisement

“If we lose, you’re going to lose your border, you’re going to lose your tax cuts, you’re going to lose everything that we’ve done,” Trump told supporters.

He further noted that taxes would increase, wages would decrease, and companies would exit the US if a Democratic-controlled Congress were to take power.

Trump urged his supporters to treat the midterm elections as if he were running himself, insisting that his political influence was on the line.

“What I really want you to do is pretend, please, that I’m on the ballot. Just come and vote,” Trump said.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

News

BREAKING: 200 members dump APC, join ADC in Niger

Published

on

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

Over 200 members of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) in Niger State have defected to the African Democratic Congress (ADC) as political activities gather momentum ahead of the 2027 general elections.

The defectors, comprising mostly women and youths, were received into the opposition party by the ADC deputy governorship candidate in the state, Hon. Mamma Musa.

They were welcomed during a ceremony held on Saturday at the ADC secretariat in Bosso Local Government Area of the state.

Speaking on their decision to leave the APC, some of the defectors said they had decided to move on, accusing the ruling party of losing direction and neglecting the interests of the people.

Advertisement

One of the defectors, Hassan Salihu, said they left the APC because, in his view, governance had become personalised under the party’s administration in the state.

Another defector, Abdullahi Adamu, popularly known as Shaban, alleged that the APC administration had abandoned members who worked to bring the party to power.

Adamu said he lost his vehicle while campaigning for the APC but claimed that despite the sacrifice, he received no meaningful support from the party.

The defectors also cited hardship and poverty among the reasons for their decision, expressing optimism that the ADC would provide better opportunities and improve their fortunes.

Advertisement

The latest defection comes about a month after former commissioners, local government chairmen, councillors and other political appointees from the immediate past administration in the state joined the ADC.

The earlier defection was led by a former Chief of Staff to former Governor Abubakar Sani Bello, Alhaji Maikil Bmitosahi, who accused the incumbent administration of running a one-man government.

The development adds to growing political realignments in Niger State ahead of the 2027 elections, with opposition parties seeking to strengthen their structures and attract defectors from the ruling APC.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

News

BALLOT BOX NIGERIA TV REALITY SHOW: Nigeria’s Biggest Democratic Reality Television

Published

on

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

By Kayode Sanni-Arewa

72 HOUSEMATES. 100 LIVE CAMERAS. 62 DAYS. ₦150 MILLION CASH PRIZE. ONE NATION. ONE DEMOCRATIC STAGE.

ABUJA, NIGERIA — Nigeria is set for what organisers describe as an unprecedented fusion of reality television, civic participation, democratic education and national entertainment as the BALLOT BOX NIGERIA TV REALITY SHOW prepares to open its doors to Nigerians between the ages of 18 and 45.

Powered by BTV TELEVISION NETWORK, the ambitious television project is designed to create a unique national platform where young and middle-aged Nigerians can experience, debate and demonstrate the principles of democratic leadership in a live reality-show environment.

Advertisement

The project is expected to bring 72 housemates together for 62 days of nonstop television, supported by 100 live cameras, with organisers projecting the potential to reach an audience of up to 100 million viewers across Nigeria.

At the centre of the attraction is a headline ₦150 million cash prize, alongside the opportunity to win a house and a Jeep, making the project one of the most ambitious proposed prize-driven television productions in Nigeria.

THE BALLOT BOX HOUSE GOES LIVE OCTOBER 1

According to the organisers, the BALLOT BOX NIGERIA TV REALITY SHOW HOUSE is scheduled to commence live broadcasting from 7:00 PM GMT on October 1, 2026, through dedicated channels planned for DStv, GOtv and StarTimes platforms.

Advertisement

The organisers also plan daily highlights and major programme content through leading Nigerian television and news platforms, including AIT, NTA, Arise News, TVC News and News Central, subject to broadcast and commercial arrangements.

The concept is designed to transform the traditional reality-TV experience by putting democracy, leadership, public opinion, accountability, competition and civic participation at the heart of the entertainment.

REGISTRATION OPENS SEPTEMBER 1

Prospective housemates are expected to register between September 1 and September 14, 2026.

Advertisement

Applicants must be:

– Nigerian citizens;
– Between 18 and 45 years old;
– Prepared to participate in a highly competitive national reality television environment;
– Ready to demonstrate leadership, communication, teamwork, problem-solving and democratic values.

The organisers say registration and public engagement will be promoted through Facebook, X, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube and WhatsApp, alongside the project’s online platforms.

A NEW OPPORTUNITY FOR CORPORATE NIGERIA

Advertisement

Beyond the housemates and viewers, the BALLOT BOX NIGERIA TV REALITY SHOW is positioning itself as a major potential commercial and institutional platform for organisations seeking meaningful engagement with Nigeria’s enormous youth, entertainment, media and consumer markets.

The organisers are calling on government democratic institutions, financial institutions, commercial banks, development-finance institutions, telecommunications companies, technology companies, television networks, media organisations, brand owners and private-sector investors to explore sponsorship and strategic partnership opportunities.

Potential partners could participate through headline sponsorship, financial partnerships, technology partnerships, broadcast partnerships, telecommunications partnerships, consumer-product integration, financial literacy initiatives, civic education programmes, advertising, branded entertainment, housemate challenges and national audience engagement campaigns.

The project offers sponsors an opportunity to associate their brands with a large-scale national television platform combining entertainment with democratic and civic themes.

Advertisement

A PLATFORM FOR DEMOCRACY, LEADERSHIP AND ENTERTAINMENT

Organisers insist that the show is intended to go beyond conventional reality television.

The BALLOT BOX NIGERIA TV REALITY SHOW is conceived as a platform where participants can debate ideas, compete in leadership-oriented tasks, engage in public-policy discussions and experience simulated democratic processes while millions of Nigerians watch and participate.

Its central message is simple:

Advertisement

LET THE PEOPLE WATCH. LET THE PEOPLE DEBATE. LET THE PEOPLE DECIDE.

With 100 live cameras documenting the activities of the housemates, the show promises an unprecedented level of continuous access to the BALLOT BOX HOUSE.

The organisers believe the combination of reality television, democratic participation, celebrity entertainment, social media interaction and national audience voting could create a powerful new media property.

A CALL TO HOUSEMATES AND SPONSORS

Advertisement

For prospective housemates, the message is clear: this is an opportunity to enter a national stage where your personality, ideas, leadership qualities and ability to connect with Nigerians can be tested before a massive audience.

For sponsors and strategic partners, the proposition is equally significant: this is an opportunity to become part of a potentially transformational Nigerian television project at its foundation.

The organisers are therefore inviting interested government democratic institutions, banks, financial-support institutions, telecommunications companies, television stations, technology companies, private-sector investors and major Nigerian and international brands to discuss sponsorship and strategic partnership opportunities.

THE COUNTDOWN HAS BEGUN

Advertisement

Registration: September 1–14, 2026
Number of Housemates: 72
Duration: 62 Days
Live Cameras: 100
Headline Cash Prize: ₦150 Million
Additional Prizes: House + Jeep
Projected Reach: Up to 100 Million Viewers
Live Broadcast: From October 1, 2026 — 7:00 PM GMT
Platforms: DStv, GOtv & StarTimes, subject to final broadcast arrangements
Powered by: BTV TELEVISION NETWORK

SPONSORSHIP & PARTNERSHIP ENQUIRIES

09020033004
09050503077

OFFICIAL ONLINE PLATFORMS

Advertisement

“BALLOT BOX NIGERIA TV REALITY SHOW Website” (https://reference-url-citation.invalid/0)

“BALLOT BOX NIGERIA TV REALITY SHOW Blog” (https://reference-url-citation.invalid/1)

BALLOT BOX NIGERIA TV REALITY SHOW

100 LIVE CAMERAS. 72 HOUSEMATES. 62 DAYS. ₦150 MILLION. ONE NATION WATCHING.

Advertisement

Powered by BTV TELEVISION NETWORK

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2024 Naija Blitz News