Connect with us

News

BREAKING: 200 members dump APC, join ADC in Niger

Published

on

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

Over 200 members of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) in Niger State have defected to the African Democratic Congress (ADC) as political activities gather momentum ahead of the 2027 general elections.

The defectors, comprising mostly women and youths, were received into the opposition party by the ADC deputy governorship candidate in the state, Hon. Mamma Musa.

They were welcomed during a ceremony held on Saturday at the ADC secretariat in Bosso Local Government Area of the state.

Speaking on their decision to leave the APC, some of the defectors said they had decided to move on, accusing the ruling party of losing direction and neglecting the interests of the people.

Advertisement

One of the defectors, Hassan Salihu, said they left the APC because, in his view, governance had become personalised under the party’s administration in the state.

Another defector, Abdullahi Adamu, popularly known as Shaban, alleged that the APC administration had abandoned members who worked to bring the party to power.

Adamu said he lost his vehicle while campaigning for the APC but claimed that despite the sacrifice, he received no meaningful support from the party.

The defectors also cited hardship and poverty among the reasons for their decision, expressing optimism that the ADC would provide better opportunities and improve their fortunes.

Advertisement

The latest defection comes about a month after former commissioners, local government chairmen, councillors and other political appointees from the immediate past administration in the state joined the ADC.

The earlier defection was led by a former Chief of Staff to former Governor Abubakar Sani Bello, Alhaji Maikil Bmitosahi, who accused the incumbent administration of running a one-man government.

The development adds to growing political realignments in Niger State ahead of the 2027 elections, with opposition parties seeking to strengthen their structures and attract defectors from the ruling APC.

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement

News

Gunmen kidnap popular Kwara monarch

Published

on

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

Gunmen invaded Igbesi community in Isin Local Government Area of Kwara State, abducting the traditional ruler, Oba Moses Oyinloye Iwedunmoye I, the Kabiyesi Onigbesi of Igbesi land, alongside other residents.

The attack reportedly occurred at about 11:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 22, 2026, when the armed assailants invaded the community.

A local source revealed that the monarch was taken to an unknown location, while an unspecified number of residents were also abducted during the attack.

The incident has raised fresh concerns over the security situation in Kwara State, coming amid multiple reports of kidnapping attacks in different parts of the state within the past 24 hours.

Advertisement

The exact number of victims abducted during the latest attack remains unclear as of the time of filing this report.

Security agencies are expected to intensify efforts to locate the abducted monarch and other victims and secure the community.

Continue Reading

News

BREAKING: Popular Nollywood actor, Ogogo is dead

Published

on

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

Popular veteran Nollywood Yoruba actor, Taiwo Hassan, popularly known as Ogogo, has reportedly died after battling cancer.

The actor’s daughter, Kira Taiwo, disclosed the development on Sunday evening during a live session on Instagram.

Ogogo’s reported death comes days after his daughter revealed that he was battling stage-four cancer.

Before his death, efforts had been made to secure medical treatment for the veteran actor, with reports indicating that the Ogun State All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate, Adeola Olamilekan, popularly known as Yayi, offered financial support for his treatment.

Advertisement

Details shortly…

Continue Reading

News

Mary Habila finally buried in Kaduna after dying at Umahi’s residence

Published

on

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

Mary Habila, the physiotherapist attached to the office of the Minister of Works, Dave Umahi, who died at his private residence in Ebonyi State, has been laid to rest in Kaduna State.

The 26-year-old was buried in Nok, Jaba Local Government Area of Kaduna State, was reportedly died on June 27, 2026, at Umahi’s private residence in Uburu, Ohaozara Local Government Area of Ebonyi State.

Her death ignited outrage from Nigerians, who demanded answers concerning the development.

Some Nigerians demanded an autopsy to unravel the cause of her death while others demanded the suspension of the minister.

Advertisement

After the death of the lady, the Uburu Traditional Rulers Council in Ohaozara Local Government Area of Ebonyi State announced a community-wide spiritual cleansing exercise and imposed a dawn-to-dusk curfew in the community.

Ebonyi State Police Command had also insisted that a post-mortem examination would be conducted to establish the actual cause of her death.

Speaking on the matter, the minister, Umahi, insisted that he had no hand in Mary Habila’s death.

Umahi expressed annoyance that the lady’s death had been turned into a political issue.

Advertisement

“Power and might does not belong to social media, it belongs to God. And God sees the heart of men.

“What surprised me is that when people took the death of one of my best workers and started to play politics, they said the President should sack me,” Umahi had said.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2024 Naija Blitz News