News
Mutfwang lifts curfew in Plateau LG after six months
- /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 27
https://naijablitznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/Caleb-Mutfwang-1000x600.jpg&description=Mutfwang lifts curfew in Plateau LG after six months', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
- Share
- Tweet /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 72
https://naijablitznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/Caleb-Mutfwang-1000x600.jpg&description=Mutfwang lifts curfew in Plateau LG after six months', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
Plateau State Governor, Caleb Mutfwang on Sunday announced the lifting of a curfew he earlier imposed on Mangu Local Government Area of the state.
The is coming six months after some bandits invaded Pushit and Sabon-Gari communities and killed 13 persons.
Some residents were equally injured while several houses were burnt during the attack
To avoid reprisal and escalation of the situation, the governor announced in January 2024 the imposition of a 24-hour curfew in the affected Mangu LGA
Mutfwang, in a statement, said the decision was taken after a careful consultation with the State Security Council, following the restoration of normalcy in the area.
The statement, signed by the governor’s Director of Press and Public, Gyang Bere, added that the gesture would pave way for residents to engage in agricultural and economic activities.
The governor encouraged community leaders across the divides of faith and ethnicity, to continue with strategic dialogue aimed at nurturing trust, fostering tolerance, and promoting better understanding among the people.
While urging the residents of Mangu Local Government Area to embrace peace, unity and remain their brother’s keepers, Governor Mutfwang said his administration would continue to be fair and just to all.
“He expressed gratitude for the cooperation and support received so far and urged the community to maintain their collaboration with the security agencies to ensure the complete restoration of peace and order in the Local Government Area.
“Governor Mutfwang equally expressed deep gratitude to all the Security agencies in the state and beyond for their sacrifices and tireless efforts towards addressing the issues and urged them to continue monitoring and maintaining law and order across the 17 Local Government Areas,” the statement added.
News
Abuja Flooding: FCT Minister’s Aide Takes a Swipe at Adeyanju
…say administration take steps to address recurring challenge
The heavy rainfall recorded in Abuja on Saturday resulted in flooding in parts of the Federal Capital Territory, with some affected areas experiencing temporary accumulation of water before the floodwaters receded.
Apparently peeved by Deji Adeyanju’s empty claims, FCT minister’s aide, Lere Olayinka gave a vivid breakdown in a statement on Monday.
The incident has, however, generated public debate, with some commentators linking the development to the administration of the FCT Minister, Nyesom Wike.
While concerns over flooding and drainage infrastructure remain legitimate, it is important to note that flooding has occurred in parts of Abuja for several years, predating the current administration.
Reports from previous years documented flooding in areas including Wuse, Jabi and Lokogoma in 2019, while similar incidents were reported in Lokogoma, Efab Estate, Gudu and surrounding areas in 2022.
The recurring incidents highlight the challenges associated with the rapid expansion of the nation’s capital, particularly in the areas of drainage capacity, waste management, urban planning and enforcement of development regulations.
The FCT Administration has said it is taking steps to address some of these challenges and prevent future occurrences.
Among the measures being considered is the review of the 1979 Abuja Master Plan to reflect the changing needs of a rapidly expanding capital city.
The administration is also paying attention to drainage infrastructure, including the replacement of drainage covers that are frequently removed by scavengers. The removal of drainage covers can expose drainage channels to refuse and other materials capable of obstructing the free flow of stormwater.
The latest flooding therefore underscores the need for sustained investment in drainage infrastructure, effective waste disposal, strict enforcement of planning regulations and improved maintenance of existing waterways.
While political actors and commentators may differ in their assessment of the FCT Administration’s performance, the flooding challenge is not a new phenomenon and requires a long-term, coordinated response rather than being viewed solely through the lens of partisan politics.
The priority, ultimately, should be to ensure that Abuja’s infrastructure keeps pace with its population growth and expansion, while reducing the impact of heavy rainfall on residents and businesses.
News
2027: Gov dumps deputy, picks ex-commissioner as running mate
Governor Nasir Idris of Kebbi State has replaced his deputy, Senator Umar Abubakar Tafida Arugungu, with a former Commissioner for Finance, Ibrahim Muhammad Augie, as his running mate for the 2027 governorship election.
The decision was announced on Sunday by the All Progressives Congress National Organising Secretary, Suleiman Muhammad Argungu, at the Presidential Lodge in Birnin Kebbi.
Argungu made the announcement during a thank-you visit by political stakeholders from the Argungu Emirate to the governor.
He explained that the change followed legal advice regarding the eligibility of the incumbent deputy governor to contest alongside Idris in the 2027 election.
According to him, Tafida Arugungu was dropped as the governor’s running mate based on the advice received from legal experts.
Argungu subsequently named Augie as the new running mate to Idris, while stressing that the decision was taken with the knowledge and consent of the outgoing deputy governor.
He dismissed speculation of a rift between Idris and Tafida Arugungu, urging APC members and supporters across the state to accept the development and remain united ahead of the 2027 poll.
Speaking to journalists after the event, Idris also denied any disagreement with his deputy, assuring party supporters that he would work with Augie to advance the interests of the state.
Augie, who hails from Augie Local Government Area, served as Commissioner for Finance during the administration of former Governor Atiku Bagudu.
The governor also thanked the people of the Argungu Emirate for their continued support for his administration and called on party members to remain focused on the development of the state.
News
el-Rufai files fresh N10b suit against ICPC for allegedly denying family access to him
Former Governor of Kaduna State, Nasir el-Rufai, has filed, among nine reliefs, a fresh N10 billion fundamental rights suit against the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC), alleging that the agency has prevented his wife and son from visiting him in custody.
In the meantime, El-Rufai’s son and representative of Kaduna North Federal Constituency, Mohammed El-Rufai, over the weekend celebrated his father and stepmother, Asia, on their 27th wedding anniversary.
The former minister’s originating motion marked FHC/ABJ/CS/1852/2026 and filed at the Federal High Court in Abuja on August 13, 2026, by El-Rufai’s lawyer, Ubong Akpan, also listed the ICPC chairman and the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) as second and third defendants.
He alleged that his wife, Aichatou Asabe, and son, Abba el-Rufai, were prevented from accessing him despite an existing court order permitting visits by his family members and legal representatives.
The former governor asked the court to declare that his fundamental rights under Part IV of the 1999 Constitution remain enforceable despite his detention by the ICPC.
He alleged that the repeated denial of access to his family members had prevented them from providing him with food, medication and other necessities.
According to him, the alleged restriction violated his rights to dignity, private and family life as guaranteed under Sections 34 and 37 of the Constitution, as well as Articles 5 and 18 of the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights.
Also alleging that ICPC officers physically restrained and intimidated his wife and son during an incident on July 7, he asked the court to declare the alleged conduct and continued denial of family access without lawful authority unconstitutional, illegal, null and void.
The former governor further sought an order directing the ICPC and other respondents to grant him unhindered and reasonable access to his family and lawyers throughout his detention, in line with an earlier order of the Federal High Court.
According to el-Rufai, the alleged actions had subjected him to “humiliation, emotional trauma, anxiety and psychological distress.”
He argued that the respondents’ conduct amounted to an unjustifiable interference with his dignity and family life and was inconsistent with constitutional protections and provisions of the African Charter.
Meanwhile, in a statement on Facebook, Mohammed described his stepmother as the “glue” of the family and praised her for her compassion, intellect and support for vulnerable people.
He recalled how Asia took him back to Zaria Academy when he was in Junior Secondary School 1, describing her as “an avid reader, a brilliant lawyer” and a woman whose compassion extended beyond her immediate family.
He said his stepmother devoted herself to supporting widows and orphans during his father’s tenure as governor, while also crediting her with shaping his values and approach to representing Kaduna North.
“Every good thing we continue to do for Kaduna North is due to the teachings and knowledge she has imparted in me since I was 11 years old. Every bad thing is my fault,” he said.
Reflecting on Asia and his father’s marriage, Mohammed said he had witnessed his stepmother’s unwavering support for his father through different periods of his life. He added that her strength and presence had remained a source of comfort, particularly as his father’s detention continues.
-
News23 hours ago3,000 Man O’War officers undergo intensive training in readiness for safe sch engagement (Photos)
-
Politics23 hours agoOSUN DECIDES: APC studying results across 332 wards, reveal next move
-
News23 hours agoFCT: Tinubu’s Govt Signs 26,272 Certificates of Occupancy To Aid Businesses, 17,575 More Than Those Signed in 13 Years
-
Metro12 hours ago‘I’ll Rather Eat Grass Under Muslim Leader Than Chicken Under Infidel Leader,’ Islamic Scholar Almaliky Defends Tinubu-Shettima Ticket
-
News9 hours agoOluwo Hails Adeleke’s Re-election, Urges Closer Ties With Tinubu
-
Foreign9 hours agoUS: How 17-year-old Boy Allegedly Killed Mother, Brother After ChatGPT Searches
-
News9 hours agoPolice Arrest Suspected Armed Robber, Land Grabber in Ibadan, Recover Guns, Ammunition
-
News9 hours agoGanduje’s son returns to APC after 3 months in Kwankwaso’s NDC

Warning: Undefined variable $user_ID in /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/themes/zox-news/comments.php on line 49
You must be logged in to post a comment Login