Connect with us

Entertainment

Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IG for defamation over claims he fathered Mercy Chinwo’s son

Published

on

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

By Francesca Hangeior

Gospel singer, Nathaniel Bassey has petitioned the Inspector General of Police (IGP) to investigate the allegation that he is the father of Mercy Chinwo Blessed’s child.

Chinwo and her husband had on 29 March, 2024, posted photos of their son on Instagram and other social media platforms.

Four social media users had said Bassey was the father of Chinwo’s son, claiming that the baby resembled him.

Advertisement

The posts had gone viral with social media users casting aspersion on Bassey.

The gospel singer petitioned the IGP through four of his lawyers. They are Peter Abraham, Uche Matthew, Gbenga Agunloye, and Anthony Abia.

The petition to the IGP said on Friday, the 29th day of March 2024, Chinwo, another popular gospel music minister, and her husband posted pictures of their son and themselves on different social media platforms.

The petition said, however, their client was disheartened, saddened, and grossly disturbed to find that the suspects Okoronkwo Ejike, Kingsley Ibeh, Terrence Ekot, and DJ Spoiltkid, as mischief makers with a criminal intent to destroy the image and character of their client, had made different social media posts of defamatory matter, calling their client ‘the father of minister Mercy Chinwo Blessed’s son,’ a woman who is married to another man.

Advertisement

The lawyers said the post by Ejike had since gone viral on the platform and that in reaction to the post, Ibeh commented on Ejike’s post with a picture of their client with the caption “The real father of the baby.”

They added that in a post on the platform “X” ‘Dj SpoiltKid’ a verified X user, quoted the statement by Okoronkwo Ejike along with a screenshot of the post and added, “When are we doing DNA test?”

“In another post, Mr Terrence Ekot, on the platform “X”, made a post thus: “Take a look at the stunning resemblance of Mercy Chinwo’s son and Nathaniel Bassey. Though the duo has been working together on several projects, what do you have to say?”

“These nefarious acts of these suspects, if not immediately dealt with, will continue to destroy our client’s image, injure his reputation, assassinate his character, and cast aspersion on the good name built by our client over the years,” the lawyers added.

Advertisement

According to the petition, the consequences of making such statements on social media had been known to tarnish the reputations of individuals, render marriages unstable, and many never recover from them.

They added that “international reputation is an asset—both for the individual and the nation—and takes time to acquire.

“Consequently, we urge you to use your good offices to, in the interest of justice, investigate this matter, arrest, and bring the suspect to justice, which will serve as a deterrent to others.”

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Warning: Undefined variable $user_ID in /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/themes/zox-news/comments.php on line 49

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Entertainment

Osun guber: Davido angry over plot to deregister Accord Party

Published

on

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

Popular Nigerian Afrobeat musician, David Adeleke, also known as Davido, has raised alarm over an alleged plot to deregister Accord party ahead of the forthcoming governorship election in Osun State.

The singer made the claim a post on X on Thursday.

Why questioning reasons for the deregistration, Davido called for free and fair election.

He wrote; “Deregister Accord party for what? Cowards let’s go to the field.”

Advertisement

This is coming 48 hours after the singer called out Gboyega Oyetola, the minister of Marine and Blue Economy, and the immediate past governor of the state over alleged desperate plan.

Recall that Osun State’s current governor and Davido’s uncle, Ademola Adeleke, announced his resignation from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in December 2025 following the party’s national leadership crisis and legal dispute and joined Accord Party for his re-election.

The Osun State governorship election is scheduled for August 15, 2026.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Entertainment

PHOTOS: Temi Otedola And Mr Eazi Announce Pregnancy With First Child

Published

on

By

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
Temi Otedola has announced that she is expecting her first child with her husband, singer Mr Eazi.

In a post via Instagram on Thursday, Temi shared a video of herself in a white two-piece dress, proudly showing off her baby bump.

In the accompanying caption, she quoted a biblical verse, expressing faith in God’s protection over her unborn child.

Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born, in set you apart,” she wrote.

Advertisement

Fans and colleagues have taken to the post’s comment section to congratulate the expecting parents.

Joining the comment section is Temi’s sister, DJ Cuppy, who expressed joy at becoming an aunt.

I’m going to be an auntyyy,” she wrote.

The pregnancy announcement comes a few months after Eazi dismissed claims that he had already welcomed his first child with Temi.

Advertisement

Recall that the couple’s romance began in 2017 when they started dating.

They got engaged in April 2023.

In August 2025, Mr Eazi and Temi tied the knot in a private wedding ceremony at Hallgrímskirkja in Reykjavik, Iceland.

In an exclusive feature with Vogue Magazine, the couple released their wedding photos and revealed that they held ceremonies in three countries: Monaco, Dubai, and Iceland.

Advertisement

According to the couple, their court wedding took place on May 9 in Monaco, their traditional wedding was held on July 5 in Dubai, while the white wedding was held in Iceland.

Following the high-profile wedding, Temi, the daughter of billionaire businessman Femi Otedola, also updated her social media bio to reflect her marital status by adopting her husband’s surname, Ajibade.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Actress Sharon Ooja, husband welcome baby boy

Published

on

By

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

Nollywood actress Sharon Ooja has announced the arrival of her baby boy, expressing deep gratitude to God, her husband, family, and friends for their support throughout her pregnancy journey.

The actress shared the news in an emotional post on her Instagram page on Wednesday, where she described her newborn son as “the most handsome baby boy I have ever seen.”

She wrote: “I just gave birth to the most handsome baby boy I have ever seen. I’m still so overwhelmed with joy and gratitude. 2025/2026… God truly ushered me into the most beautiful years of my life and wrote a story that only He can take the glory for. Pregnancy made me understand God’s love in such a deeper way, unconditional, intentional, and impossible to fully explain.”

Reflecting on scripture and her journey, she added: “His Word says, ‘Your wife will be like a fruitful grapevine, and your children like olive shoots around your table.’ And wow. God really did it in his perfect timing. You are truly a merciful God.”

Advertisement

Appreciating her husband, she wrote: “And to my husband, thank you for loving me so fiercely beautifully through every stage of our pregnancy. The prayers, reassurance, back rubs, trips, baths, endless gifts, food runs and the way you carried me emotionally and spiritually these past 9 months… baby, you are truly everything. Me, Win, and Zoey are so blessed to have you.

Sharon Ooja also thanked loved ones for respecting their privacy, saying: “Thank you to my family and friends for protecting our peace and allowing this journey to stay private, and off social media just as we requested, it was soft, and I genuinely enjoyed every bit of my pregnancy.”

She concluded with joy over her son’s name: “Our lives have changed forever. ‘W.I.N’ that’s his initials. I’ve always dreamed of being a mummy, and now I finally am. You can officially call me mama win, the yummiest mummy on the block and we officially back!! Thank You God.”

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2024 Naija Blitz News