Connect with us

Entertainment

Court Fixes September 29 For Verdict In Suit Seeking Fresh Police Probe Into Mohbad’s Death

Published

on

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

Justice James Omotosho of the Federal High Court, Abuja, has fixed September 29, 2026, for judgment in a suit seeking to compel the Inspector-General of Police (IGP) to reopen investigations into the death of Nigerian singer Ilerioluwa Aloba, better known as Mohbad.

Justice Omotosho fixed the date after hearing arguments in the matter filed by Break the Silence Foundation, a non-governmental organisation. The suit lists the IGP, the Nigeria Police Force, and the Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Command, as respondents.
At Tuesday’s proceedings, none of the respondents was represented in court when the matter was called.

During the hearing, counsel to the plaintiff, Tunde Falola, adopted all processes filed on behalf of the organisation and urged the court to grant the reliefs sought.

The court also heard an application by one Samson Obaboye, who sought to be joined in the suit as an interested party. Obaboye told the court that he supported calls for truth, transparency, accountability, and justice regarding the circumstances surrounding Mohbad’s death and wished to place relevant facts before the court.

Advertisement

However, Justice Omotosho dismissed the application, holding that the applicant failed to establish sufficient legal interest in the case to warrant his joinder.

The court had earlier granted leave to the plaintiff to commence the action through an ex parte application seeking judicial review and an order of mandamus compelling the police authorities to conduct a fresh investigation into the singer’s death.

Speaking to journalists after the proceedings, Falola said the organisation approached the court because it was dissatisfied with the outcome of the earlier police investigation, arguing that several critical aspects and possible leads were not adequately explored.

According to him, the organisation is particularly concerned about individuals who were reportedly among the last people seen with the deceased, insisting that their roles require further scrutiny.

Advertisement

“The circumstances surrounding his death remain mysterious and deserve public attention,” he said.

“As a human rights organisation seeking justice, we believe the police should reopen the investigation,” Falola said, describing the suit as a mandamus proceeding aimed at compelling the police to revisit the investigation into the cause of Mohbad’s death.

Commenting on the failed joinder application, Falola argued that the applicant had not demonstrated any direct interest in the case.

He added that the applicant did not establish that he was a police officer, a party to the suit, or someone directly connected to the proceedings.

Advertisement

Falola further argued that if every Nigerian were allowed to join the matter without demonstrating a legal interest, it would amount to an abuse of court process.
Mohbad died on September 12, 2023, sparking widespread public outrage and demands for accountability over the circumstances surrounding his death.

The singer was buried the following day, but his body was exhumed on September 21, 2023, for an autopsy aimed at determining the cause of death.
Nearly three years after his passing, controversy continues to surround the case, delaying the final interment of his remains.

His father, Joseph Aloba, has consistently called for justice and clarity regarding the circumstances of his son’s death.

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Entertainment

BBNaija S11: Neche wins third Arena game of the season

Published

on

By

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

Big Brother Naija housemate Neche continued her impressive run in the house on Friday after clinching victory in the weekly Arena game.

The win marks Neche’s third major victory this week.

She previously emerged as Head of House and led her team to victory in the Wager task during her reign.

With back-to-back wins in the Head of House, Wager and Arena games, Neche has positioned herself as one of the strongest competitors in the house this season.

Advertisement

The Friday Arena game is one of the most anticipated weekly tasks in the BBNaija house.

It tests housemates’ physical strength and strategy, with winners often gaining bragging rights and momentum heading into nominations.

Housemates are expected to face another round of nominations and evictions in the coming days as the race for the ultimate prize intensifies.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Popular content creator, Peller publicly calls out dad for being gay

Published

on

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

 

Popular content creator Peller calls out Father for the leaked video showing him in bed with another man, showing they were either having fun or simply just friends, but people on social media would not let the video slide.

In a video made by Peller, he said, “I’m tired of all my family members suddenly wanting to join social media. I can’t believe people are now calling my father gay just because he was lying on a bed with another man doesn’t automatically mean he’s gay.

People are too quick to jump to conclusions and at this point, I’m tired.

Advertisement

“Dad, how many times did i call you to stop sleeping with your fellow man? This is what my mom has been complaining about for years, and you haven’t changed.

Don’t you know this is affecting me as your son? Most of my fans have been criticizing me on TikTok that my father is gày. I’m not happy about this at all”

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Popular content creator, Jarvis gives reasons why she shaved ‘gorimapa’ during wedding rites

Published

on

ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
Zoom Ad

 

Content creator, Amadou Elizabeth Aminata, popularly known as Jarvis, has dismissed reports suggesting that she shaved her hair ‘gorimapa’ as part of the traditional rites for her wedding.

In a video shared online, Jarvis explained that she opted for the hairstyle simply because her stylist asked her to cut her hair, stressing that it had nothing to do with any marriage ritual.

She said, “The wedding is finally over and I’m super happy. I’m proud of myself and my husband.

Advertisement

“For those of you speculating that I barbed my hair for my wedding as part of some tribal marriage rites, shut up.

“I barbed my hair because I wanted my hair installation to be perfect. That is what my hair stylist recommended because I have a very stubborn hair. Most of my hair like my frontal has not been sitting pretty because of my front hair.”

Jarvis and fellow TikTok star, Peller tied the knot traditionally on August 1, 2026.

The couple held their white wedding on Saturday, August 8, 2026.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2024 Naija Blitz News