News
2027: Wike Predicts ‘Larger Rainbow Coalition’ for Tinubu, Speaks on Adeleke’s Visit (Video)
- /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 27
https://naijablitznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/08/IMG_0071.webp&description=2027: Wike Predicts ‘Larger Rainbow Coalition’ for Tinubu, Speaks on Adeleke’s Visit (Video)', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
- Share
- Tweet /home/naijuinz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 72
https://naijablitznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/08/IMG_0071.webp&description=2027: Wike Predicts ‘Larger Rainbow Coalition’ for Tinubu, Speaks on Adeleke’s Visit (Video)', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Barr Nyesom Wike, has said the political realignment ahead of the 2027 general elections will produce a larger national coalition in support of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Wike spoke on Friday in Abuja during an inspection of ongoing projects in the Federal Capital Territory, while reacting to the recent visit of Osun State Governor-elect, Ademola Adeleke, to President Tinubu.
The minister said Adeleke’s engagement with the President was an indication of the emergence of what he described as a “larger Rainbow Coalition” in support of Tinubu ahead of the 2027 presidential election.
Wike dismissed the description of the emerging political alignment as an opposition matter, arguing that the current political landscape did not have a clearly defined leading opposition party.
“When you say opposition, I’ve told you I don’t know what you call opposition, as far as there is no opposition now,” Wike said.
According to him, Adeleke, despite securing his ticket for the Osun governorship election on the platform of the Accord Party, remains a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), adding that the recent political engagement was aimed at strengthening support for Tinubu.
“What happened last night is meeting to rebuild a larger Rainbow Coalition. And he (Adeleke) is supporting Mr President. He’s in a different party; I’m supporting Mr President, and I’m in a different party. So, it’s a larger Rainbow Coalition,” he said.
Wike said more political developments should be expected in the coming weeks, predicting that additional politicians would align with Tinubu.
“And the next few weeks, watch what is going to happen. You will see a larger Rainbow Coalition in this country supporting Mr President,” he said.
The FCT minister also dismissed claims by members of the African Democratic Congress (ADC) that the party and other opposition groups played a decisive role in Adeleke’s electoral victory.
“All those ADC who are talking about ‘they helped Adeleke to win,’ they just wanted to go and harvest where they never planted,” Wike said.
He maintained that Adeleke was now supporting Tinubu, adding that the development had strengthened the President’s position ahead of 2027.
Wike further described the forthcoming election as one that would be easy for the President’s camp, saying the emerging political alignments had significantly altered the opposition landscape.
Reacting to questions on how former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and Labour Party presidential candidate Peter Obi might perceive his engagement with Adeleke, Wike said their reactions were of little concern to him.
“I have told you when you say ‘leading opposition,’ I’ve told you that there’s no opposition,” he said.
“What you have are people who are just trying to see whether they can be relevant.”
He argued that the PDP, which ordinarily should constitute the major opposition party, had been weakened by its internal crisis.
“Ordinarily, it should have been PDP, but because of the crisis we’ve had, and so you can’t see a formidable party that you will call the leading opposition party,” he said.
Wike said his priority was to ensure victory for his political camp, adding that political contests were not about making opponents comfortable.
Earlier, the minister said the project inspection was part of efforts to ensure that key infrastructure earmarked for completion this year were delivered on schedule.
He inspected the N5 Extension in Life Camp, being executed by Julius Berger, and expressed satisfaction with the progress of work.
Wike said the project was expected to be completed and handed over in December.
He also inspected the N1 Road project being executed by Arab Contractors, describing the quality of work as high and confirming that it was also scheduled for handover in December.
The minister subsequently inspected the IBB International Golf Club, which is undergoing rehabilitation following intervention by President Tinubu.
Wike said the facility had become particularly important to members of the diplomatic community who had complained about the prolonged closure of the club.
“That this golf course must be ready and be reopened by December. So we are giving it to Julius Berger to ensure that everything is done. And by December this year, the golf course will be reopened,” he said.
He explained that Julius Berger was re-engaged because the company originally constructed the facility and had the requisite knowledge of its design and standards.
According to him, physical completion is expected by November, allowing the club to reopen officially in December.
The minister said the golf club was shut following an internal crisis, which led to the appointment of a caretaker committee headed by the President of the Court of Appeal.
He commended the committee for its efforts in resolving the crisis and facilitating the rehabilitation of the facility.
Wike, however, said the government would not continue to bankroll the club after its reopening.
He said the management must generate sufficient revenue to sustain its operations and maintenance without relying on public funds.
“I would believe, this time around, that when this is done, they should be able to raise funds by themselves to run this place. The government should not use public funds to come back to do it,” he said.
The minister assured that the FCT Administration would continue to facilitate payments to the contractor to keep the rehabilitation on schedule, stressing that the December reopening deadline remained firm.
News
BREAKING: Tinubu Orders Arrest, Suspends Three Perm Secs Over Fake Agency in OSGF
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has ordered the immediate arrest of George Buchi Nwabueze and directed the suspension of three permanent secretaries following the discovery of another allegedly fictitious agency operating within the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF).
The suspended permanent secretaries are M.S. Danjuma, Nadungu Gagare and Richard P. Pheelangwah.
Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC), Dr Musa Aliyu (SAN), disclosed this on Friday while briefing State House correspondents after meeting with the President for the second time in two days.
Aliyu said the ICPC uncovered a purported office operating under the name National Brands Development and Made-in-Nigeria Special Project Office.
According to him, the office had allegedly been allocated space within the premises of the OSGF without presidential approval and in violation of established procedures and relevant laws governing the public service.
The ICPC chairman said the discovery was made in the course of the Commission’s ongoing investigation into the alleged Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council (PFIPC), which the commission had previously identified as a fictitious entity, as well as other procedural weaknesses within the public service.
“Upon further briefing by ICPC to Mr President on the ongoing investigations into the fake Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council and procedural weaknesses in the public service, the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission has uncovered another fake agency and office operating under the name National Brands Development and Made-in-Nigeria Special Project Office, which has been illegally allocated office space within the premises of the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation,” Aliyu said.
He said preliminary findings indicated that Nwabueze was behind the establishment and operation of the alleged fictitious office, with the assistance of suspected collaborators within the OSGF.
Aliyu further disclosed that investigators discovered that Nwabueze allegedly used multiple identities in the course of operating the organisation.
The ICPC chairman said the latest discovery had prompted further action by the Federal Government, including the suspension of the affected permanent secretaries and the directive for Nwabueze’s immediate arrest.
The development comes amid intensified scrutiny of government offices and procedures following the ICPC’s investigation into the alleged creation and operation of unauthorised agencies and offices within the Federal Government.
The Commission is expected to continue its investigation to establish the full extent of the alleged activities, identify other individuals who may have been involved and determine how the purported office secured access to government facilities.
News
Troops Rescue Four Borno Civilians Held by Boko Haram, ISWAP for Three Years
Troops of the Nigerian Army have rescued four civilians, including two women and two male minors, who were allegedly held captive by Boko Haram/Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) terrorists for about three years in Kukawa Local Government Area of Borno State.
The victims were rescued at about 6am on Friday, August 21, during a search-and-rescue operation conducted by troops of the 123 Special Forces Battalion (Mobile).
The operation followed intelligence reports on the movement of suspected terrorist escapees around Kauwa village.
According to security sources who spoke to security analyst Zagazola Makama, the rescued civilians comprised two women, a teenage boy and another male minor.
Preliminary debriefing reportedly revealed that the victims were abducted from Mafa Local Government Area of Borno State about three years ago before being taken to the Dogon Chuku terrorist camp, where they remained in captivity until their rescue.
The sources said the victims were provided with food and subsequently profiled by the military after they were rescued.
They were later taken to the 19 Brigade Medical Centre for medical attention and are expected to be transferred to the Theatre Headquarters for further screening, assistance and rehabilitation.
The rescue operation is part of ongoing military efforts under Operation Hadin Kai and the Multinational Joint Task Force to locate civilians held in terrorist enclaves, disrupt insurgent networks and deny Boko Haram and ISWAP fighters freedom of movement in the Lake Chad region.
Security sources said the rescued civilians would undergo further screening and debriefing to gather information that could assist ongoing military operations and provide details about the activities and locations of terrorists operating in the area.
The operation also highlights the importance of intelligence-led missions in identifying movements around communities and areas suspected to have been infiltrated or controlled by terrorist groups.
Troops have continued to conduct clearance operations, patrols and targeted raids across parts of Borno State in an effort to disrupt terrorist logistics, dismantle their networks and rescue civilians trapped in insurgency-affected communities.
Boko Haram and ISWAP have continued to exploit remote settlements and difficult terrain around the Lake Chad Basin to launch attacks and hold civilians captive.
The rescued victims are expected to remain under military care while authorities establish the full circumstances surrounding their abduction and captivity and determine whether other civilians may still be held in terrorist camps in the area.
The identities of the rescued civilians have not been made public, while authorities have yet to provide further details about their condition beyond confirming that they are receiving medical attention.
News
Akpabio hails Tinubu over establishment of University of Technology In Akwa Ibom
President of the Senate, Godswill Akpabio on Friday, thanked President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, for giving his approval, for the Bill establishing the Federal University of Agriculture and Technology, in Obio Akpa, Oruk Anam Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State.
He also lauded Governor Umo Eno, for promptly releasing the Obio Akpa campus of the Akwa Ibom State University for the smooth take-off of the institution.
Akpabio gave the commendation at the funeral service in honour of former Majority Leader of the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, Late Hon.(Elder) Imo Akpan Ibokette.
A statement by his Special Assistant on Media, Jackson Udom quoted Akpabio as saying, ” I look forward to the admission of the first batch of the students into the Federal University of Agriculture and Technology, in this Senatorial District. Let me thank President Bola Tinubu for signing the bill which establised the University. Let me also thank our dear Governor, Pastor Umo Eno for also releasing a campus of the Akwa Ibom State University for the commencement of academic activities this year.
“Late Ibokette we are laying to rest today, was the first to call and thank me on hearing of the passage of the bill establishing the University. His death is a personal loss to me. The Ibokette’s family and I share an intimate affinity that spans decades. Even the weight of political differences did not attenuate the relationship we shared. So, I personally mourn his demise,”he stated.
The Funeral Service, in honour of the late lawmaker held at the Abak International Nursery/Primary School, in Abak Local Government Area and was conducted by the Apostolic Church Nigeria.
Akpabio described him as a patriot, selfless leader, loving father and a hardworking personality, who braced the odds in life to achieve what he achieved in life before his demise, saying, “he did his best and witnessed the uncommon transformation which he fought and worked for before his departure.”
-
News15 hours agoWatch moment FCT minister, Wike throws banters with Davido(Video)
-
News18 hours agoAnother 83 Nigerians Evacuated From South Africa Amid Xenophobic Attacks Arrive In Lagos
-
Metro18 hours agoEFCC arraigns three in Ibadan over alleged N30m Canadian visa fraud
-
News8 hours ago100 Days in Captivity: Borno Families Demand Urgent Rescue of Abducted Children
-
News18 hours agoAdeleke visits Tinubu, presents certificate of return after Osun victory
-
News8 hours agoDSS warns of looming attacks on popular varsity
-
News18 hours agoOsun poll: INEC vows to do better in 2027
-
News17 hours agoUS Pastor Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Child Abuse, Wife Convicted
